Is It Samoa Joe's time ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
Man I got to admit in the past I have never really been the biggest Samoa Joe fan. But I got to admit its time TNA gave him the TNA title cause dude has really worked for it. Back to when Joe first entered TNA I really was a fan all the way through his match of year match with AJ and Christopher Daniels, then the low point came when he went lame and boring during his Kurt Angle feud and everybody was gunning for tna to hand him the title.

I however wasn’t impressed with his stale appearance and shitty mic skills but I got to admit recently especially in his feud with Christian Cage, Joe has really brought and now looking at the roster with so many young and upcoming heels, like Roode, Storm and AJ Styles, I think it would be good to finally see Joe hold the title and take to all the young heels. Plus it been a long time since TNA had a long reigning face champion I think the last face to have long run with the World Title was Christian Cage’s first reign back in early 2006. Well anyway there are my points what do you guys think about Joe’s chances?

PeepShow

Pretty much exactly what you said. I've been saying that my perception of Joe has been changed for months now. I never used to like the dude at all, but since BFG, he has pretty much sold me. Although lately, his segments with Cornette and Morgan has been way overbooked imo. I just hope that he doesn't start a feud with Morgan now. Let that wait until after he wins the title, which I hope comes at Lockdown.

lastlaugh

Reaction score
i gotta admit..i like the angry joe. the kick the crap out of elix skipper joe until security pulled him off joe. I guess you can call it rightous indignation after not getting a deserved title shot. Im really pulling that he get one soon. So many solid heels he can fued with right now

phantomgerald

I like Joe, but I don't think it's his time just yet. Right now, the person he looks most likely to be feuding with is Matt Morgan, not Cage or Angle, so it wouldn't make sense for him to win the title at AAO. What should happen for Samoa Joe to win the title would be a 2 month segment after AAO where Cage wins the title and feuds with Angle for two months with Cage as the face and then Joe feuds with Morgan in the meantime and then a heel Joe beats Cage. This would also be better than having Joe winning and having to feud with the ex-champion Angle, since Angle's a heel and Joe's sort of a tweener almost a heel.

chessarmy

I think Joe was ready to win the world title a year ago...TNA just never did it though, and we are STILL waiting for a Joe title run. I think Cage might win at AAO, then lose the title at Destination X to Joe. But honestly, I just cant predict what is going to happen with the TNA World Title picture so the best thing to do is just sit back and see what happens. I am just hoping that this little push that TNA is giving Joe is setting him up to win the World Title. As you said, their hasn't been a long face champion in TNA for a while, and I think Joe could be the best choice for a long face champ right now

Playmaker

Reaction score
Yes he has done so much for the company its about time he had a title reign

John

Samoa Joe is apparently leaving TNA soon so thats why he wont sign the contract, if he goes to WWE i think Vince will push him alot and he would become champion in less than a year. Samoa joe's time will come but not soon as long as he's with TNA, theres bigger talent and more popular names on TNA like booker T and Kurt to take over the world title picture for the next couple of years. If samoa joe goes to WWE maybe he can become Smackdown world Champ soon.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Samoa Joe is apparently leaving TNA soon so thats why he wont sign the contract, if he goes to WWE i think Vince will push him alot and he would become champion in less than a year. Samoa joe's time will come but not soon as long as he's with TNA, theres bigger talent and more popular names on TNA like booker T and Kurt to take over the world title picture for the next couple of years. If samoa joe goes to WWE maybe he can become Smackdown world Champ soon.
But i'm just tired of Ex-WWE wrestlers automatically get the Heavyweight Title when we all know it's somebody else's time to win it and I hate that so much about TNA. SAMOA JOE DESERVES THE TITLE!

phantomgerald

He's definately winning it at Lockdown. Look at how it's been built up. It's kinda obvious.

chessarmy

Joe and Morgan are not going to be fueding, And other than Joe, who the hell else is a good challenger for Angle right now? Booker T is probably the only babyface on the roster who could challenge Angle, but he is in a fued with Roode...and also, why would Joe talk about wrestling Angle in a cage match at Lockdown this past thursday, if he is just going to start a fued with Morgan? Joe is in the title picture right now, and at Lockdown Joe is going to win the TNA World Title

schuy7

Reaction score
Samoa Joe will get the World Championship at Lockdown. He signed the 5-year deal in real life, and if he doesn't get the title at Lockdown some controversy will get him the title a few weeks afterwards.

Qwake

Well he beter win the title soon because he is way overdue for one...