Is current RAW worse than 2009 RAW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
For those who watched throughout the 2009 era of WWE, you will know how god damn terrible it is and is widely considered as the worst year of WWE. Is the current RAW worse than that year?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's close. In 2009, the guest host shit was interminable. It was some of the most dreadful television I've ever seen.
You had the watered-down DX reunion, Legacy where two young talents were Orton's personal bitches, Santina Marella, Cena vs Orton time and time and time again... You had JBL and Triple H burying so many young talents and they were even putting assclowns like Jerry Lawler and Hornswoggle in legit feuds against legit talent. I believe that a good chunk of the roster from that year is gone... wonder why.

Maybe the current product has pissed me off to the point where my memories are skewed, but the current product is even worse. Raw in 2009 was dumb as hell and intolerable, but things happened. Dumb things, but things nonetheless. Nowadays, the show normally feels like 2 hours of your life you won't get back.

Would you rather see Brian Kendrick job to Jerry Lawler in a match set up by ZZ Top as a way to punish Kendrick, or see that pointless Alberto Del Rio vs Santino match?

Reaction score
No. far from it. I hated the guest host crap and didn't the anon gm start in 2009 or was that 2010? because I hated the anon gm crap as well. But not even the guest host era was worst that when Mike Ademle was Raw Gm. Now that was the worst ever.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Rainman said:
It's close. In 2009, the guest host s*** was interminable. It was some of the most dreadful television I've ever seen.
You had the watered-down DX reunion, Legacy where two young talents were Orton's personal bitches, Santina Marella, Cena vs Orton time and time and time again... You had JBL and Triple H burying so many young talents and they were even putting assclowns like Jerry Lawler and Hornswoggle in legit feuds against legit talent. I believe that a good chunk of the roster from that year is gone... wonder why.

Maybe the current product has pissed me off to the point where my memories are skewed, but the current product is even worse. Raw in 2009 was dumb as hell and intolerable, but things happened. Dumb things, but things nonetheless. Nowadays, the show normally feels like 2 hours of your life you won't get back.

Would you rather see Brian Kendrick job to Jerry Lawler in a match set up by ZZ Top as a way to punish Kendrick, or see that pointless Alberto Del Rio vs Santino match?

I don't know how you guys go through life with such negativity. But I agree. Watered down DX was the worst thing, guest host was awful as well. Trying to water down DX is like telling stone cold he can't be stone cold. it just kills the whole reason why they're popular.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't think it's worse, but it's close. I hated the guest host thing. And I'm not negative about everything, just WWE.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Hard to believe that you people actually put up with RAW during 2009. :facepalm1:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I didn't start watching until a little bit later in 2009, so I was spared of some of the... s*** they put on TV.

Snowman1

Reaction score
stephan1 said:
I don't know how you guys go through life with such negativity. But I agree. Watered down DX was the worst thing, guest host was awful as well. Trying to water down DX is like telling stone cold he can't be stone cold. it just kills the whole reason why they're popular.

Negativity? I don't know how we go through life watching Raw each week. They did a good job creating compelling hooks to keep us watching, but it was never worth it. TNA, if you ignore the Main Event Mafia, was awesome that year, and Smackdown really put on a good show!

Cage

Jobber
Reaction score
This type of shit is expected around this time of year but if it doesn't pick up by mid June they've definitely got a problem.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Rainman said:
Negativity? I don't know how we go through life watching Raw each week. They did a good job creating compelling hooks to keep us watching, but it was never worth it. TNA, if you ignore the Main Event Mafia, was awesome that year, and Smackdown really put on a good show!

Why/How do you?

Snowman1

Reaction score
stephan1 said:
Why/How do you?

The discussion thread, and being able to discuss it on these forums.
And the small glimmer of hope that something exciting will happen no matter how much Crayo tries to ruin it, lol