iPod Help I will rep if that's what you people want, just fucking help

• Thread starter Moonlight Drive
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

Okay, so here's what's happening

I just downloaded the latest iTunes version thing, with the Genius sidebar thing. So this is what happened.

I plugged in my iPod (old-ish Nano, the ones that came out around this time last year) and it didn't show up as it usual does with my name and the iPod, instead it just said 'iPod' and that I needed to restore it or something. So I in my infinitie wisom decided to unplug it then connect it again. Now it just says my computer doesn't recognise the device.

A window just popped up and I clicked it it says one of the USB Devices attached to the computer has malfunctioned.

I need urgent help, I pretty much listen to my iPod nonstop, which is probably why I get ringing in my ears =/

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
I suggest that you should get one of those USB Drive Cleaner CD/DVD's, if not go to your nearest Apple store or go to a tech store that helps with machines.

Moonlight Drive

I dunno, it just happened this morning, after my sister downloaded the new iTunes last night so I'm assuming that has something to do with it. It recognised it as an iPod the first time, so I don't think the USB drive is dirty or something

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
first. Don't use the Genius Sidebar thing, it's another way of apple to keep track of what we're downloading legally and illegally I wouldn't even touch that if I were you.

as for the iPod, hold the select (circle) button down until it restarts. from there, things will seem to be OK, but I'm not entirely sure. plug the iPod back in the computer, and check if it works. if it doesn't show up on iTunes, check on my computer and see if removable disk pops up. I haven't done anything that dumb before.

Moonlight Drive

Okay, thanks for that warning lol. All my songs are off Limewire :eek:

I'll give it a try :y:

Moonlight Drive

Lol. It was as simple as restarting it :eek:, well I've never had something like that happen so I had no way to know really.

Anyway, thanks H4H. And about the Genius sidebar thing too