Intermediate Fasting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Anyone every try intermediate fasting?

It is basically when you only eat 1 or 2 times a day, not eating for 16+ hours straight. You have an 8 hour window for those two meals so when you eat your first one after 16 hours, you wait another 4 and eat the next one and you are done for the day. The idea behind it is to have less insulin spikes thus keeping the body functioning properly. It also puts the body in a state of constant healing as well.

It looks like this:

leangains-daily-intermittent-fasting.jpg

You will need to adjust it to your sleeping schedule of course but a rule of thumb is to wait 4 hours before having your first meal. Then you will eat your second meal 4 hours later.

I used to eat like this when I was younger unintentionally and I did have more energy, slept better, and generally felt better so I am doing it again. I am pretty hungry right now but I can eat in about an hour so I don't have much longer to wait. I will be eating around 6PM and 10PM each day. So I will have one meal and then one snack (or small meal if I am very hungry in the evening). I stay up till 3AM+ right now so eating at 10PM isn't bad but I will adjust that as I fix my sleeping schedule.

My main reason for trying this is to feel better and allow my body to heal what needs to be healed. I also want to get better sleep, have more energy during the day, and generally get in better shape. I have been having a lot of neck and back pains and pulled my back pretty badly the other day. So yeah, here's to hoping it helps me!

Anyone ever try it or hear of it?

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I haven't used this exact formula, but I can say that fasting totally works. I lost 70 pounds in just four months by lots of fasting and some exercise. Just remember to keep it safe, watch your language because people who don't understand get really paranoid and concerned over nothing, and boom you're good. The first two weeks are hell, but after that, your body gets used to it and it becomes super easy and morally pleasing.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I haven't used this exact formula, but I can say that fasting totally works. I lost 70 pounds in just four months by lots of fasting and some exercise. Just remember to keep it safe, watch your language because people who don't understand get really paranoid and concerned over nothing, and boom you're good. The first two weeks are hell, but after that, your body gets used to it and it becomes super easy and morally pleasing.

I did a no-food fast years ago for nearly 20 days. I got some very pleasant reactions lol

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I already want to eat again :okay:

I didn't have any veggies, have to fix that tomorrow but I did stick to it for day one. Had dinner and one snack. No sweets.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I've done that unintentionally, while i was on drugs back in the day.. Besides that, food tastes way too good to do that shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake