Interesting Fact on the Australia "Wild" Fire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
30% of their "wildfires" are caused by people doing it on purpose and this is according to crime records.

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
There has been a fair bit of misinformation about what caused these fires. It is not exactly a sole reason, but, while a lot of people have been arrested for breaking the no-fire ban (which makes sense as it is summer there, dry enough as it is there) it is not in connection to causing these wildfires. Is it still possible that some of these fires started thanks to someone lighting something on fire? Yeah. But, climate change which makes extremes in heat more common is likely to make it grow to the scale. And, Nikki, I think that site you have is not exactly a reliable source. It just goes "OH YEAH! CLIMATE CHANGE IS FAKE! IT HAS BEEN DISPROVEN" Even though it is well backed by the majority of the scientific community and has been very well researched. Then it points to a conspiracy of "The New World Order," which is not the stable lead by Hogan, Nash, and Hall, but like, Illuminati shit.

24 Australians arrested for deliberately setting fires this season

This is an example of them pointing to people being arrested for causing fires; however, it is not labelled as terrorism or them having an ulterior motive. It is just idiots setting fires during a ban. It happens sometimes during the summer here if there is a dry spell and things are dry. Can they cause all these fires? Not nessicarily. Some perhaps, but if it wasn't for extreme heat, they wouldn't spread like they have.

And here is a look into the misinformation being spread online.

Finally,

This is an Australian News Site. If there were all these people getting caught for causing fires that are devastating their country, it'd be all over it. You can feel free to search for yourself, but I have yet to find anything to the degree you are saying.

We are in the age of misinformation and conspiracy theories, and while being critical of news sources is healthy to a degree, you must also be smart and not let sites like you looked at try and create the lenses you see the world through. Because, if I'd show what you have to any of my professors I had in University, you know, people with doctorates and PhDs in understanding the political landscape, or cite it as a source, I'd get laughed out of my school and fail. It's bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I've heard reports from other ppl in Australia, (Including one guy at my workplace recently that has family is Australia) that Most of these fires aren't even going on in some of their home towns like the news wants us to believe. Oh! Where is @Grievous 3D.... He's give us some real answers! ?

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
This is an Australian News Site. If there were all these people getting caught for causing fires that are devastating their country, it'd be all over it.

You don't believe news outlets would lie to push an agenda? It is totally in the spirit of present-day "news" to hide the facts and blame global warming.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
You don't believe news outlets would lie to push an agenda? It is totally in the spirit of present-day "news" to hide the facts and blame global warming.

I also believe in actually having research and facts. Did I say it was a possibility that there is a man made factor in what caused the fires? There is. But it is multi-layered and extreme heat which comes with Global Warming likely causes it to get to the level there is.

And in looking at that article, it is very poorly done. If you say news outlets "push an agenda," THAT news article is pushing its own agenda of creating a huge-ass conspiracy theory. Its agenda is to create doubt in people and make them question everything to an unhealthy level.

Here are the clear facts, even if you ignore Climate change as an option.

1. There are fires in Australia
2. People and wildlife are getting killed because of it.
3. People were arrested for lighting fires during a season where there is a fire ban. Motivations, technically not stated.
4. No matter if it was caused by man, or nature, heat and dry weather make it spread more and make it more devastating.

Trust me, I will admit that I am human and flawed and can make mistakes, but I spent 4 years looking at research papers, various sources of news, and learning how to look objectively at subject matters like in that original article. I know enough to see a bullshit article.

Last edited:

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone cares why it was started or is spreading. Bigger concern is the safety and protection of the people and wildlife while it goes on, and probably how to stop it/slow it down. "Fake news" or not, from either side of the argument (arson or climate change), this is the reason I don't pay attention to the news basically whatsoever. Too much reporting on speculation of what caused events rather than trying to find a solution or actually help anyone.

Just came in to get updates in case anyone had heard from Grievs or Base, as I have no geographical knowledge of where they're at or where the fires are at, or the relation between the two.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Not sure why anyone cares why it was started or is spreading. Bigger concern is the safety and protection of the people and wildlife while it goes on, and probably how to stop it/slow it down. "Fake news" or not, from either side of the argument (arson or climate change), this is the reason I don't pay attention to the news basically whatsoever. Too much reporting on speculation of what caused events rather than trying to find a solution or actually help anyone.

Just came in to get updates in case anyone had heard from Grievs or Base, as I have no geographical knowledge of where they're at or where the fires are at, or the relation between the two.

I think regardless of why it happened, getting support to Australia is number one. Absolutely, this is a travesty and is hurting the country and endangering large groups of people. But getting the "Why?" Can be helpful in learning what to do next to prevent it. I just saw the article and saw it was kind of... Poorly written, takes a kernel of truth and expands it to a point where it becomes hard to believe.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
1. There are fires in Australia
2. People and wildlife are getting killed because of it.
3. People were arrested for lighting fires during a season where there is a fire ban. Motivations, technically not stated.
4. No matter if it was caused by man, or nature, heat and dry weather make it spread more and make it more devastating.

5. At least 24 people have been charged for "intentionally starting bushfires". Motivation not important.
6. NSW police have also taken "legal action" against a further 183 people.

That's the ones we know about, how many more don't get caught? So, people are starting bushfires on purpose and the cause of all this is somehow up for debate? This already happened in 2009 with most of the fires caused by arson, but we weren't pushing the global warming hysteria so much at the point.

Most media outlets, some politicians, and those who panic constantly about the Earth melting by 2030 want this to a climate disaster.

Sidenote: this happens a lot in California as well, so much so that they even have a name for them: firebugs.