Inside America's Most Violent Wrestling Deathmatch.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

I don't know if this has been posted before or not, and if it has I am sorry. I found this "documentary", you could say about CZW and thought it would be interesting on other people's opinions on it. As for my own, I think this was well done and shows a couple of things that I think isn't showed enough for example the reaction and such of Lauren, DJ Hyde's wife, when DJ Hyde gets "buried alive" by John F'n Zandig and when he goes out to have his match, that part reminded me of Mick Foley and his wife, and how all the wrestlers aren't actually trying to "kill" another like the stereotype of Deathmatch Wrestling, and the fact that guy was kind of against CZW ends up becoming a "fan" and enjoying it shows that people can see something from a different side.

Reactions: The Sheik

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
I remember this. Good documentary, and a very fun (albeit hot) TOD. Deathmatches might not be for everyone, but it was refreshing to see something that looked at it with an unbiased opinion, especially from a source as well known as Vice

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I remember this. Good documentary, and a very fun (albeit hot) TOD. Deathmatches might not be for everyone, but it was refreshing to see something that looked at it with an unbiased opinion, especially from a source as well known as Vice
Agreed, I thought it was well done, and as I mentioned I like someone who never watched a Deathmatch ended up enjoying it and had a unbias opinion on it, especially like you said from Vice.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
This is so fun to watch.. These people are fucking nuts.. Dealing with thumbtacks and glass is one thing, but they'll stab sharp objects threw their lip and tongue. I recently saw something like that, it was graphic as fuck.... It's always fun to sit back and watch people kill each other in CZW.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
This is so fun to watch.. These people are f*cking nuts.. Dealing with thumbtacks and glass is one thing, but they'll stab sharp objects threw their lip and tongue. I recently saw something like that, it was graphic as f*ck.... It's always fun to sit back and watch people kill each other in CZW.
Glad you enjoyed it, man. The people aren't the only ones who are nuts the fans are as well, lol, which reminds me of the early ECW days, you know. If you think CZW is bad go check out some matches from BJW or FMW.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it, man. The people aren't the only ones who are nuts the fans are as well, lol, which reminds me of the early ECW days, you know. If you think CZW is bad go check out some matches from BJW or FMW.

Haven't heard of those promotions, i'll check them out.. CZW isn't the easiest shows to find, but i always try to watch tournament of death every year.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Haven't heard of those promotions, i'll check them out.. CZW isn't the easiest shows to find, but i always try to watch tournament of death every year.
BJW is Big Japan Wrestling, and it is ducking insane, man. You find some of their matches on YouTube. FMW is Froniter Martial Wrestling, I think, and it was one of the first Japanese Deathmatch promotions. Yeah, CZW is kind of hard to come unless you use of those sites or have a subscription to their streaming service or powerbomb or hotspots like myself. While, I fell out of CZW, though thanks to Jeffry I have kind of gotten back onto it, I still try to watch ToD each year.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
BJW is Big Japan Wrestling, and it is ducking insane, man. You find some of their matches on YouTube. FMW is Froniter Martial Wrestling, I think, and it was one of the first Japanese Deathmatch promotions. Yeah, CZW is kind of hard to come unless you use of those sites or have a subscription to their streaming service or powerbomb or hotspots like myself. While, I fell out of CZW, though thanks to Jeffry I have kind of gotten back onto it, I still try to watch ToD each year.

Big Japan Wrestling sounds familiar. I may have seen a match or 2 on youtube before.. for indy shows i want to watch, i usually download torrents from XWT, it's very convenient.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Big Japan Wrestling sounds familiar. I may have seen a match or 2 on youtube before.. for indy shows i want to watch, i usually download torrents from XWT, it's very convenient.
Ahh, gotcha, man.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
It's kinda sad how a lot of their talents frpm the early days had to retire at a ridiculously young age. Sick Nick Mondo had so much charisma and the dude had to retire after like 4 years as a wrestler after a nasty bump from a roof with John Zandig. I think he showed up at a recent show

Reactions: Jay-Ashley