I'm writing a 2500 word short story that could win me $2500.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Christian

Reaction score
It's for my college. Now I consider myself to be a pretty good creative writer, so when my teacher was asking who wantd to enter, I was one of two people who raised their hands. So what is my short story going to be about? Well, what do I know best? The drug game son.

So I guess I'm going to start it out with "me" and a friend moving up to Chicago. The main character will be modeled after me, and all my friends will be modeled after one of my real life friends. So we'll move up to Chicago, but why? I'm going to need a motivation for it.

Once we get up there, we're going to move in with one of our friends who goes to college in the city. He has a little brother who is in a gang (as is the guy we move in with, but my friend and I don't know it at the time) and is VERY tight with a drug dealer, who gives him amazing prices. My friend and I hear about this and begin using our new roommate's little brother to get us drugs for cheap, and in turn, using our roommate's popularity to sell drugs to all the college kids he knows. This will be the bulk of the story.

Eventually, our roommate's little brother hears about how much money we are making through his connect, and wants a part of the profit. I agree to meet with him 1 on 1 to talk about it. My friend drives there with me. I go to some apartments where he wants me to meet him, and we talk about how we can work it out. I offer that we can give him 20% of what we earn, but he refuses and says 50%. I immediately become outraged and begin to walk out the door, when suddenly eight people come out of rooms in the apartment, all holding guns and shit. I begin to run, but one person shoots me in the lower back, piercing the lower part of my bottom lung. My friend sees what was going on, and drives by right when I get shot, flinging the door open so I can fall right into the car sear bleeding.

After this, i can branch the story off in plenty of different ways. REMEMBER that our roommate is also in the gang, but we don't know it. For now, he's on our side.

1. After we get back to our rommate's place, he drives us to a makeshift hospital on the Southside of Chicago that deals with stuff like this. We find a new dealer, and eventually get revenge on our roommate's brother and gang. Our roommate decides what his gang did was wrong, and decides to join us in the fight against the gang.

2. Same as #2, but our roommate decides to kick us out if we're going to go after his fellow gang members. This would make me and my friend have to get our own place, and we'd have to take revenge on both our old roommate AND his little brother.

3. Our roommate's little brother pleads for our forgiveness, and explains it wasn't him who ordered his gangmembers to come out shooting. He explains also that he said specifically NOT to come out of the rooms unless they heard gunshots first, which they didn't. Our roommates brother joins in with us, and we begin plotting revenge on his ex-gang.

4. Our roommate's brother comes with his gang to the place we're staying at to finish the job of killing me. We find out our roommate his in the gang once they break in and he has guns drawn on his own gang, ready to defend us in any way.

There's a few more I had in mind also, which I'll probably post later.
The story is a MAXIMUM of 2500 words, so I can't make it TOO long.

What do you guys think. Would it be an interesting read? or what.

Beer

Cool! I love writing and this would be interesting to me. Though, I think you have made a classic school boy error. 2500 words may be a big number, but in writing terms, that is nothing more than 20 pages perhaps? So try ant to cram yo many things in.