If You Could Pick New UFC Champions, Who Would They Be?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Try to pick entirely new champions for each division, don't use the current champs as picks.

Heavyweight: Frank Mir- He's been impressive in his last few fights, and keeps getting better and better as time goes on it wouldn't surprise me to see him as champion this time next year.

Light Heavyweight: Lyoto Machida- He's my other favorite fighter in that division, he's got a great skill set and even though he hasn't been winning as much lately still think he's deserving here.

Middleweight: It'd be strange having somebody other than Anderson Silva as champion, but i think Chael Sonnen or Michael Bisping would be my pick here.

Welterweight: Jake Ellenberger- He'll be champion one day, he's one of the best young guys in the welterweight division, second choice here would be Nick Diaz.

Lightweight: Ben Henderson- My favorite fighter in this division, think he's got the skill set and athleticism to become a great champion.

Featherweight:
Frankie Edgar- He dominates at Lightweight but if he ever lost his title he could easily fight at Featherweight and win the title.

Bantamweight: Urijah Faber- Not a whole lot of depth in this division, but I've always been a fan or Urijah since his days in WEC so i guess he would be my choice for champion.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Heavyweight - Josh Barnett
I really rate the guy and look forward to seeing him back in the UFC. Steroid cheat and general dickishness aside, hes a great fighter with a legit ground game but can bang as well. Can see him beating Corimer then doing very well in the UFC too (barring any drug test fails).

Light-Heavyweight - Dan Henderson
Hes been on a roll for a couple of years now, since the Bisping KO. It'd be a great story if he knocked out Bones and became champ.

Middleweight - Rousimar Palhares
Aside from the obvious Chael Sonnen choice, I mark hard for this guy and love his subs. One of the most dangerous sub artists in the game, when he gets that heel hook hes won, nobody escapes. Very underrated, dangerous fighter.

Welterweight - Martin Kampmann
Great technical striker and counter-puncher and one of the best at takedown defence, he never has boring fights either. Hes had a really tough schedule since coming into the UFC, one top contender after another so its been hard for him to get any consistency needed to be near a title shot. I think he deserved to beat Diego Sanchez, and he has a big win over Condit on his record which proves how good he is.

Lightweight - Melvin Guillard
I love him and am his biggest mark ever, hence the avatar. Shame hes such a dumb fuck with regards to ground game and gets subbed so easy :'( If not him, then Jim Miller. I like pretty much all the fighters in the division though.

Featherweight - Jimy Hettes
The guy looked incredible on the Lesnar/Overeem undercard. Such a diverse fighter, I bet right now he is champion at the weight by 2013. I really dont like Aldo at all and think hes easily beatable.

Bantamweight - Renan Barao/Miguel Torres
Not really interested in this weight class and those two are pretty much the only guys worth watching IMO.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I completely forgot about Palhares and Barnett, likely would've chosen at least one of them if i had remembered.