If you are afraid of dogs, well...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
He will likely give you a nightmare!
He is an Alaskan Malamute and is an older doog.
I wanted to share this just because of his size alone. I am mind blown.
I have never seen a n AM this size before, he is a freaking GIANT!

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
When I was around 8 or 9 years old my mother found an abandoned doberman
and brought it home. As a young boy I was really happy that my family had finally
decided to get a dog...as we had only had cats at that point...and none of them
liked me very much.

The doberman seemed to like me and everything was great...I mean he had some
weird marks on his back...but I didn't care...he was my friend.

Until one day I put his food bowl down in front of him...and he attacked me, mauling
my face to the point where I nearly lost my left eye.

I still have the scars on my face to this day but thankfully I don't look like Two-Face
from the Batman comics.

The doberman was "destroyed" and ever since then I have an ingrained fear of large
dogs & most of the Genus Canis.

It turns out those weird marks on his back were scars and he had been abused by
his previous owner...and unfortunately I paid the price for that abuse.

Now while I'm a "dog person" the idea of a dog that size scares the living piss out
of me...so I think I'll stick with something smaller.

FOTA9_D02.jpg

Also on a side note...Dingoes are extremely dangerous...and if you are ever in Australia...
DO NOT go near or feed a dingo. It is not a pet or your friend. That dingo & its "friends" will
kill you and eat you...and your children.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Also on a side note...Dingoes are extremely dangerous...and if you are ever in Australia...
DO NOT go near or feed a dingo. It is not a pet or your friend. That dingo & its "friends" will
kill you and eat you...and your children.

Yikes, I didn't know that. I knew to let them be but I didn't know they would actually attack you. I know in some places of the world like Harar, hyenas are treated as equals. Though they are VERY dangerous, they both respect one another. These people trust them around their smallest children as well. It is mind blowing. People actually travel there just to see these animals behave in a docile manner.

Hara-Hyena-Feeding-Ethiopia.jpeg

And I had no idea you were attacked. Sorry to hear that. I never had a bad encounter with a dog, only a cat (ironically enough). I know dogs who get abused don't understand things properly anymore, specially around humans. Most have to be euthanized. While you are afraid of the larger ones, it is nice to see that you allow smaller ones in your life and you don't hate them because of that horrible accident.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I fear Rottweilers... Been attacked in a Junkyard in Mississippi when I was a baby

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yikes, I didn't know that.
Death of Azaria Chamberlain - Wikipedia

A pack of Dingoes ain't nothin' to fuck with...

I know in some places of the world like Harar, hyenas are treated as equals. Though they are VERY dangerous, they both respect one another. These people trust them around their smallest children as well. It is mind blowing. People actually travel there just to see these animals behave in a docile manner.
Yeah...and I don't think even Charlotte could get me in a photo like that.

Hyenas are amazing animals...don't get me wrong...but...I never want
to be within 100 yards of one.

Hyenas can literally crush bones with the power in their jaws...so I think
its best to keep them at a distance.

And I had no idea you were attacked. Sorry to hear that.
Its cool...no permanent damage done...just some scars under and around
my left eye...and a deep fear of large dogs.

I never had a bad encounter with a dog, only a cat (ironically enough).
*Imagines Snake being savaged by a cat*

That seems highly unlikely....

I know dogs who get abused don't understand things properly anymore, specially around humans. Most have to be euthanized.
The more "simple" an animals mind is...the easier it is to break...and most
animals can never be "fixed".

While you are afraid of the larger ones, it is nice to see that you allow smaller ones in your life and you don't hate them because of that horrible accident.
Yeah man...dogs are awesome...and the small ones don't eat as much or
make as much mess.

Woof!

Last edited:
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
*Imagines Snake being savaged by a cat*

That seems highly unlikely....

The cat that attacked me was my neighbor's. His name was Sam. He was a 20 pound black cat. I loved cats and didn't have one of my own at that point. I always tried to pick him up or pet him but he would run. One day... He didn't run. I went to pet him and he latched on to two of my fingers and they gushed blood. I think he kicked me a bit but I had a jacket on so no big deal. I remember walking back to my house thinking my mom would be pissed at me lolol I didn't cry or anything. I had already been bitten by a squirrel at that point and got rabies shots (in the butt, not fun... painful), so in my mind it wasn't a big deal. Maybe that is why I didn't get scared of them. After working at a pet clinic and handling feral kitties, I know how to handle even the meanest ones and hardly get any injuries, if any at all. I do have scars all over my arms though. Learning is a process haha

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The cat that attacked me was my neighbor's. His name was Sam. He was a 20 pound black cat. I loved cats and didn't have one of my own at that point. I always tried to pick him up or pet him but he would run. One day... He didn't run. I went to pet him and he latched on to two of my fingers and they gushed blood. I think he kicked me a bit but I had a jacket on so no big deal. I remember walking back to my house thinking my mom would be pissed at me lolol I didn't cry or anything. I had already been bitten by a squirrel at that point and got rabies shots (in the butt, not fun... painful), so in my mind it wasn't a big deal. Maybe that is why I didn't get scared of them. After working at a pet clinic and handling feral kitties, I know how to handle even the meanest ones and hardly get any injuries, if any at all. I do have scars all over my arms though. Learning is a process haha
That's an interesting story...and clearly you do have a deep love
and respect for the feline genus.

Hey Snake...have you ever met/encountered any of the "Big Cats"?

Reactions: Red Rain

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
That's an interesting story...and clearly you do have a deep love
and respect for the feline genus.

Hey Snake...have you ever met/encountered any of the "Big Cats"?

No :downer:

I had the chance to get a picture with a tiger at a fair once but he was sick or something. Was only like 80 pounds, still a baby(ish). I ended up getting a picture with a bear though. He was so soft! Such a cutie too.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
My Mom and I were in Mississippi, I believe.. Dnt know why I was in a junkyard but Just was. I was playing with one of the dogs when He decided to turn on me. He grabbed me by my head and was shaking me around like a ragdoll (From my Mom's POV). When the owner heard what was going on he was surprised that the dog did that. He'd grabbed a cinder block and threw it at the dog (of which at that point was going after the owner) it hit the dog and split in two, not fazing the dog at all til eventually he grabbed his shotgun and killed his own dog. My mom said she had to rush me to the hosp where I needed like 10 or less stitches on the top of my head. Luckily, I dnt see a scar.
-
I got bit at the age of 3 by my Aunts little dog on the corner of my left eyebrow. Didnt need stitches though.
-
When I was 13, I was petting my Neighbor's Great Dane. When I was petting her leg, She grabbed My right wrist with her teeth. I dnt think she wanted to hurt me, But she bit hard enough as a warning, but it still had scared me. She didnt get put down. She was normally a very gentle dog.
-
When I came home from school once, I had another neighbor's Friend's Rott charge at me from up the driveway. Luckily My neighbor saw him take off and was able to call the dog into his house. I literally Froze at the end of my Driveway.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
My Mom and I were in Mississippi, I believe.. Dnt know why I was in a junkyard but Just was. I was playing with one of the dogs when He decided to turn on me. He grabbed me by my head and was shaking me around like a ragdoll (From my Mom's POV). When the owner heard what was going on he was surprised that the dog did that. He'd grabbed a cinder block and threw it at the dog (of which at that point was going after the owner) it hit the dog and split in two, not fazing the dog at all til eventually he grabbed his shotgun and killed his own dog. My mom said she had to rush me to the hosp where I needed like 10 or less stitches on the top of my head. Luckily, I dnt see a scar.
-
I got bit at the age of 3 by my Aunts little dog on the corner of my left eyebrow. Didnt need stitches though.
-
When I was 13, I was petting my Neighbor's Great Dane. When I was petting her leg, She grabbed My right wrist with her teeth. I dnt think she wanted to hurt me, But she bit hard enough as a warning, but it still had scared me. She didnt get put down. She was normally a very gentle dog.
-
When I came home from school once, I had another neighbor's Friend's Rott charge at me from up the driveway. Luckily My neighbor saw him take off and was able to call the dog into his house. I literally Froze at the end of my Driveway.

Sheesh that is a lot. I am shocked you are okay with dogs. All of them seemed to be non-aggressive other than the first one. That dog sounds like it had rabies or something. Likely abused.

I have only been on the other side of that. My dog I had growing up in my teen years, he bit 4 people. This kid who lived next door used to tease him and throw things at him when he was behind the fence. One day, he got the chance to get out and ran right after that kid. Grabbed the back of his leg and held him on the ground. He didn't intend on severely hurting him but I think he was pissed. We had to fight to not have him put down and pay for the kid's stitches but he was fine. He also bit an old friend's ex boyfriend. He was abusive to her and he sensed it. Grabbed him by the ankle and tried pulling him out my house. The two others were down to people coming in the house with hoods up. He hated when people wore hoods, specially with sunglasses or hats. He wasn't a mean dog, just very protective. When I used to cry he would actually walk over to me and put his head on my shoulder. I still miss the guy.

I know I love cats and sing their praise all over the forum (likely pissing some people off on here LOL) but dogs have a special place for me. When it is a dog I live with and experience growing older with, I love them. Dogs that I am not close to are different for me. I can instantly enjoy the company of a cat and care for a cat but dogs, I need a bond if that makes sense. That is why I am not a dog person.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
We hv a doberman, Im not Too fond of him tbh.. Im still not totally trusting of him though. He is good to have as protection.
-
If its Something simple as A Golden Retriever, Lab, or even Borzoi Im fine with them. But, Rotts, Pits, Dobermans, Great Danes..... NO THANK YOU! As Much as I love MY dog (Borzoi) I's rather have a cat more than anything.
[doublepost=1511418551][/doublepost]@Grievous
Wow, U were very lucky!

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
No :downer:

I had the chance to get a picture with a tiger at a fair once but he was sick or something. Was only like 80 pounds, still a baby(ish).
That's a shame...perhaps you'll get another chance to meet a "Big Cat" one day...

I ended up getting a picture with a bear though. He was so soft! Such a cutie too.
Nice. We only have koalas in Australia...and they don't do shit.
Like they literally they just sit in trees, eat leaves & sleep.

What are raccoons like? I'd like a pet one...

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
What are raccoons like? I'd like a pet one...
Raccoons are wild animals, not pets, and even “tamed” are extremely high maintenance and require an experienced, knowledgeable guardian. Even several generations of captive bred raccoons still exhibit all of their wild instincts throughout their lives.
2. It's illegal in certain states in keep raccoons as pets.
3. Notorious Biter's
4. Destructive.
raccoon-road.ngsversion.1396530745521.jpg

Last edited:

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
My Great Aunt Jean (MY Dad's side of the family) had raccoon she kept as a pet in her basment, The entire basement was caged, Every time I got near him, he would growl and try to attack thru the cage. That was like 15 yrs ago, So he's Prob passed away since.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Raccoons are wild animals, not pets, and even “tamed” are extremely high maintenance and require an experienced, knowledgeable guardian. Even several generations of captive bred raccoons still exhibit all of their wild instincts throughout their lives.
2. It's illegal in certain states in keep raccoons as pets.
3. Notorious Biter's
4. Destructive.
View attachment 4279

My Great Aunt Jean (MY Dad's side of the family) had raccoon she kept as a pet in her basment, The entire basement was caged, Every time I got near him, he would growl and try to attack thru the cage. That was like 15 yrs ago, So he's Prob passed away since.
Oh...that's a shame...I think Raccoons are cool...