If Lesnar had never left, would Cena ever have become the face of WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Vince obviously had a large boner for Brock. I have to think Cena would not be where he is today if Brock had not decided he hated the lifestyle of professional wrestling.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
No he'd probs be the no.2 in the company as Brock would so be no.1. Lesnar was huge and VKM loved him the fans loved him.

However is the massive hardon for ppl have for Lesnar related to the fact he left? If he'd stayed would he have become this huge legend?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Hard to tell what type of longevity Brock would have had with the fans; but I think the hard on certainly has to do with Brock's abilities, size, & to a lesser extent his look because he was a picture perfect example of a professional wrestler in those aspects. If he was as bad at keeping his character fresh as Cena has been, I would have to guess the IWC would be hating on him as much as they do Cena.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yes he would (imo). Cena has a stupidly marketable look and can actually speak and communicate with others without sounding nervous. Brock would eventually become the Batista, the #2 behind Cena.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
'Stupidly marketable look' is a direct rip off of something Seabs said :lol1:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I agree with both these posts however like I said I do feel some of Brocks legendary status is due to him leaving and not having the chance to become stale. Would love to see him back though as who wouldn't want Cena/Lesnar

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I believe he ripped that off me actually, I've said it for years, or it's just a huge coincidence. The only guys who match his marketable look in my opinion is Orton, Taker and HHH.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Are you talking about currently? There are tons of guys who have had looks as marketable or more marketable to Cena throughout history.

Seabs said:
Could he be any more of a wanna be?

Not even if he tried :pity:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Cena was marketable as at one time he was the only guy who could be the guy they promoted yeah we got Orton etc but Cena became everything associated with the WWE due to his look and his ability to connect with fans and the casual fans and the kids.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Are you talking about currently? There are tons of guys who have had looks as marketable or more marketable to Cena throughout history.

Yeah currently. I think comparing marketable looks from the past is a good idea for a thread actually. :gusta:

I can't be a wannabe, I'm UID1. :taker:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I think TNA has a few guys who have the look. Crimson & Morgan both come to mind, as does Styles, although he is a little on the short side to be considered in the conversation.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Brock isn't better than John at all. WWE is better because of John. I can't picture Brock on a t-shirt I or any of my friends would want 2 buy either. He's probably a jerk who'd wear sunglasses and sound uninspiring in interviews

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I think TNA has a few guys who have the look. Crimson & Morgan both come to mind, as does Styles, although he is a little on the short side to be considered in the conversation.

To be honest in my opinion none of those match Cena, sure they have a good look but not at his level. One person I think who does though is Roode for some reason.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
KiaSport said:
Brock isn't better than John at all. WWE is better because of John. I can't picture Brock on a t-shirt I or any of my friends would want 2 buy either. He's probably a jerk who'd wear sunglasses and sound uninspiring in interviews

Yea but dude, you are a chick. Chicks dig Cena