I think I did the right thing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I'm a volunteer for a wildlife refuge, and looking to work up to pro someday. My neighbor had a bat in his yard earlier. His dogs were harassing it, and he was just going to kill it. I got in touch with the head of the wildlife sanctuary I work for, and asked for instructions. She taught me how to catch , and release it without danger of possible rabies transmission. There IS no way to tell if it was rabid, so it's a gamble really. So I caught it as per her instructions, and released it in a wooded area away from interloping people or pets.
When I returned everybody looked at me like I lost my mind. "Why didn't I just kill it?" They asked. Anybody who knows me well knows I hold life ANY life more sacred than that. I do not swing the blade on anything without just cause. I didn't feel killing it was the answer. So I did what I believed was right, and maybe I saved a life today. Only God will know the outcome from here. But I am not ashamed of my actions, it's just that I don't understand why I get criticized for doing what I am trained as a wildlife worker to do.

MikeRaw

Good job, bro. I just ignored the little part where you said "Only god will know what happens from here", lol. Pretty irrelevevant, but whatever. Good job on releasing it though. If I knew what to do, I would've probably done the same thing. No need for it to get killed.

Reaction score
You done well not harming another living being. But serios note go to the doctors just for a check. See if yyou need and jabs or that. Make sure you gget a blood test

Reaction score
Good job, bro. I just ignored the little part where you said "Only god will know what happens from here", lol. Pretty irrelevevant, but whatever. Good job on releasing it though. If I knew what to do, I would've probably done the same thing. No need for it to get killed.

Hmmm... I would elaborate at a later date , but my conception of a "God" is very different than the common interpretation. The easiest way to explain it is I'm more of a Mother Earth/nature believer.More of a spirit that's connected to every living being, than a humanoid being with human consciousness. I don't know if that makes sense , but this old gal has always been labeled as a nut.

You done well not harming another living being. But serios note go to the doctors just for a check. See if yyou need and jabs or that. Make sure you gget a blood test

No that isn't necessary. I caught it in a way that I never made skin contact with it. Rabies can only be transferred through actual contact with a carrier. I caught it the way my mentor who owns the wildlife refuge taught me. No muss, no fuss, no harm to anyone.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
You're like me. I don't work for any type of Wildlife program, but I'm an animal lover. If there's an animal, a baby bird that fell out of a tree for example, and I'm walking with friends and I see it, I stop and try to find the nest and climb the tree before the parents get back. I just like wildlife. I wanted to be a Zoologist, but when I got to 10th grade, I started slacking in school. 3 years after graduation and I'm working at Wal Mart, nothing at all to do with animals.

CT Styles

Good on you, I myself, don't care much for animals. I am bored shitless at a zoo but yeah, you did the right thing I guess. :y:

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I say you did the right thing. I don't believe in any harm towards animals. So thumbs up for you.