I Never Knew It Still Existed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
About two weeks ago I decided to leave my shit job of waitressing. This weekend is my last week. It was weird because I began to hear things about me...that some people has an issue with me. So I asked my boss why because if there's a problem I want to improve on it. He NEVER answered my question. I began to feel so uncomfortable there that nobody could be honest with me that I gave my two weeks notice. He finally told me what it was.

Now let me state the town I live in is not my native home. I'm originally from the Philadelphia area of Pa. So to say the truth was shocking is an understatement. The place I work at is a small town. Everybody knows everybody...but I was a stranger to them not being from here. My look didn't help either. I know this sounds outrageous because it still boggles me, although I shouldn't be shocked. Don't bother looking for minorities in this town cause you won't find them. Town folks drop inappropriate sentiments towards just about anything or anyone strange to them while they proudly display their Confederate, and Nazi flags all over the place. I overheard one guy saying he was headed to Reading to shoot "N words" my jaw just DROPPED. These folks complained to my boss that I'm "Not one of them."

I have been really muddling over this for weeks. My father is Vietnamese, and my mom is Italian.My ethnic mix is very evident in my eyes, and black hair true...but I thought most of the world was over treating people like this.I admit I am very hurt, and angry that THIS was the reason why people hated me. I WAS doing my job, and my boss said I did my job well...but that those patrons would never accept me. I don't fault my boss at all because he stuck up for me on several occassions, but the damage has been done...and I will never be comfortable there again knowing the truth. So I opted to bounce out. My boss is hurting for hired help so at the very least I gave him two weeks to train somebody to take my place. I can do no more.

The truth is I don't apologize for who I am, or where I come from. I am as I was meant to be...and the real truth is that if for one second I EVER thought I'd become hateful viper like the ones that come to that restaurant I'd kill myself first. But it still stings to know that this kind of shit still happens these days, and that I had to leave my job because of it.

What would you feel if you were in my shoes?

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
The truth is I don't apologize for who I am, or where I come from.

And you shouldn't. In this situation it seems you have two choices:

1) You can stay and deal with it and try to change people's minds by just being yourself.
2) You can move to a place where you won't have to deal with these people being a majority.

What you should pick out of the two, though, is based on what you're looking for in a community. Personally I would live where everything I could need and want is close. Right now I live in a upper-middle class neighborhood, and I definitely feel looked down upon, but since just about everything is close to me and I can still access my family easily I've opted to stay and not worry about it. If you fear for your safety, I'd definitely move.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya i gotta agree with chuck. if u dont feel safe and you cant change it then id move. but thats just me. personally, im a city person. everything is close enough. i got all the sports teams, parks, malls, and everything to do. its really diverse in cleveland so everyone is accepted for the most park. there are still some racist dumbasses but for the most part, no one bothers eachother about race.

MikeRaw

That's pretty disappointing, to see how people can treat even someone they work with like that these days. Especially in a small town, and after they've gotten to know you, you would think they would see there's more to people than what someone's background is. You have every right to be pissed.

Kizza

I'm confused. People don't accept you cos you're not a blatant racist?

Isn't that kinda, like, backwards? If i'm right, or close to what I think, that's really, really fucked up.

the dark knight

man, if only this was in hiat lol.

anyway chuck pretty much summed it up, just move or learn to like it.

Axis

You are half Asian-half white. You think people didn't like you because those people don't like African-Americans? Am I missing something other than your hair color.

Reaction score
You are half Asian-half white. You think people didn't like you because those people don't like African-Americans? Am I missing something other than your hair color.

No they simply don't don't like ANYTHING, or anyone different. Nobody escapes their wrath. I hate playing the race card, never thought I'd have to. But my own boss told me this himself. I'm still in shock that this kind of thing still exists. I never encountered this back in Philly.
And no...nobody ever threatened me or my family with violence. Trust me I am a nice person all in all, but I'd fight back if they ever threatened my son.
The way I see it they're just backward hateful idiots. If they want to rot their souls with that darkness let em. I will not surrender to that darkness ever. So I will just go on with my life, find work elsewhere, and live. That's my revenge...to go on living as I am.