I love JBL on commentary but..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
He's telling the same facts week in, week out since he started working as a commentator again!

-Sin Cara's father is Dr. Karonte
-ADR's father is Dos Caras
-Dolph Ziggler has the best record at Kent State Uni.
-Dolph Ziggler is the future
-Gabriel's dad is Paul Lloyd Sr. And he did ......
-Etc...

Same stuff every single time!
To be honest, I love him on commentary and I know that it's normal to tell about superstars and have facts about them, but these are always the same and start to get a little unoriginal and annoying imo..

Have you guys noticed it?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Ive noticed it a little but i suppose theres only so much he can say an its cool to kno ppl's lineage.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I think it is just him still being detached from the product. He came in abruptly and had no time at all to read up on story. He works with what he has

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
I think it is just him still being detached from the product. He came in abruptly and had no time at all to read up on story. He works with what he has

I could understand that, but he's been here for a month now.. He has internet, he could talk to the guys, etc..

Crayo said:
He's doing it on purpose, it's part of the heel persona. Marks. He is the best damn heel commentator we've had in years in WWE.

:notsure: Could be..

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
He's doing it on purpose, it's part of the heel persona. Marks. He is the best damn heel commentator we've had in years in WWE.

This. I reckon most of these little things that JBL does that could be considered 'bad commentating' are most likely deliberate.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
I must be a total mark, because I hate JBL. He's just so obnoxious. The worst PPV I ever saw was No Way Out '07 where Cole lost his voice and JBL had to call the whole show.

Repetitive too, like OP said. At least when King or Booker repeat themselves I never have the urge to slap them and tell them to shut up.

True Warrior

Jobber
Reaction score
I like it when WWE Legends/Former Superstars are commentators they are more entertaining then if you have a team like Josh Matthews & Joey Styles.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
JBL imo is the best commentator in the WWE right now ...