I am programmed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
My hippie liberal friends like to tell me "You are programmed to think the way you do." I'd like to know where the fuck they get this from and if you think its possible? Do people just believe what they believe because of what is believed around them, or are human beings thinking, complex animals who can take in information and process it, coming to their own conclusions? And if I can be "programmed" to think the way I do, can they be "programmed" to think the way they do, or have they attained some higher level of consciousness that I dont know about?

Beer

It's because we are all just people in simulations games, like the Sims. And God is our Administrator. Because, he and his fellow people created a simulation so powerful that it could simulate our world.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Eh, that doesnt fly, they are godless hippies. Of course, when you point out the fact that some of their beliefs correlate to those evil, EVIL religious folks, they get all upset. It's kinda like dropping salt on a slug and watching it react.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Do people just believe what they believe because of what is believed around them, or are human beings thinking, complex animals who can take in information and process it, coming to their own conclusions?

Both. Most people are sheep who blindly follow others. There are very few people who are capable of making decisions for themselves.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
My hippie liberal friends like to tell me "You are programmed to think the way you do."

Like, what do they mean by programmed? Like, we are who we are and that's the way we'll pretty much always be? Or do they mean that we are intentionally made a certain way by some sort of higher power and there is no getting around that?

I'd like to know where the fuck they get this from and if you think its possible?

Brainwashing? And, no. I occasionally do things out of character so clearly I'm not programmed at all.

Do people just believe what they believe because of what is believed around them, or are human beings thinking, complex animals who can take in information and process it, coming to their own conclusions?

Thinkin' is so hard...

And if I can be "programmed" to think the way I do, can they be "programmed" to think the way they do, or have they attained some higher level of consciousness that I dont know about?

Stop thinking, just fade into blissful ignorance... it's happy here.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Like, what do they mean by programmed? Like, we are who we are and that's the way we'll pretty much always be? Or do they mean that we are intentionally made a certain way by some sort of higher power and there is no getting around that?

Brainwashing? And, no. I occasionally do things out of character so clearly I'm not programmed at all.

Thinkin' is so hard...

Stop thinking, just fade into blissful ignorance... it's happy here.

What I think they mean is that I am "programmed" by societal pressures. Like, they have this anarchist book that says the reason I dont like the smell of body odor is because I am "programmed" not to like it. And I am "programmed" to think deoderant smells good.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
In a manner of speaking they're right but it's nowhere near as sinister as they make it sound. Regarding body odour, once upon a time human senses were far different and far more animalistic. One of the differences was our sense of smell was much stronger, because much like an animals, we would respond to musk smells as well from potential mates for the more basic purpose of propagating the human race. Now over time our brains have evolved and we have far more complex emotions and motivations than any animal could have and we judge potential mates based on again, far more complex things as opposed to a scent, which perhaps in denial of our animalistic heritage has become noxious to us.

So yes we have been programmed in a manner of speaking, but it's purely evolution and nothing more.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Yeah, so while they are right there. if they decided that they don't want to be "programmed" that way, they and everyone else still is "programmed," so they'll still smell like ass, lol.

Kaedon

Reaction score
the whole thing reeks of elitism to me. "Oh well YOUUUUU are programmed" because we know so much better. Its complete bullshit.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Eight Reasons Why Capitalists Want to Sell You Deodorant

1. Body smells are erotic and sexual. Capitalists don't like that because they are impotent and opposed to all manifestations of sensuality and sexuality. Sexually awakened people are potentially dangerous to capitalists and their rigid, asexual system.

2. Body smells remind us that we are animals. Capitalists don't want us to be reminded of that. Animals are dirty. They eat things off the ground, not out of plastic wrappers. They are openly sexual. They don't wear suits or ties, and they don't get their hair done. They don't show up to work on time.

3. Body smells are unique. Everyone has her own body smell. Capitalists don't like individuality. There are millions of body smells but only a few deodorant smells. Capitalists like that.

4. Some deodorants are harmful. Capitalists like that because they are always looking for new illnesses to cure. Capitalists love to invent new medicines. Medicines make money for them and win them prizes; they also cause new illnesses so capitalists can invent even more new medicines.

5. Deodorants cost you money. Capitalists are especially pleased about that.

6. Deodorants hide the damage that capitalist products cause your body. Eating meat and other chemical-filled foods sold by capitalists makes you smell bad. Wearing pantyhose makes you smell bad. Capitalists don't want you to stop wearing pantyhose or eating meat.

7. Deodorant-users are insecure. Capitalists like insecure people. Insecure people don't start trouble. Insecure people also buy room fresheners, hair conditioners, makeup, and magazines with articles about dieting.

8. Deodorants are unnecessary. Capitalists are very proud of that and they win marketing awards for it.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
1. Body smells are erotic and sexual. Capitalists don't like that because they are impotent and opposed to all manifestations of sensuality and sexuality. Sexually awakened people are potentially dangerous to capitalists and their rigid, asexual system.

Please, maybe if they had've said religious organizations as opposed to capitalism I might say, okay, maybe you have a minor point, but they can't even get that right.

2. Body smells remind us that we are animals. Capitalists don't want us to be reminded of that. Animals are dirty. They eat things off the ground, not out of plastic wrappers. They are openly sexual. They don't wear suits or ties, and they don't get their hair done. They don't show up to work on time.

Again, I would think this would have more to do with religious bullshit. Considering ridding ourselves of body odours has been happening since before the idea of capitalism was ever thought of. They can't even lie properly lol.

3. Body smells are unique. Everyone has her own body smell. Capitalists don't like individuality. There are millions of body smells but only a few deodorant smells. Capitalists like that.

rofllll. Sure maybe deodorants but include perfumes and colognes in there too and you have more hippy bullshit. Not to mention the notion in and of itself is still bullshit.

4. Some deodorants are harmful. Capitalists like that because they are always looking for new illnesses to cure. Capitalists love to invent new medicines. Medicines make money for them and win them prizes; they also cause new illnesses so capitalists can invent even more new medicines.

Some (very few) are harmful to people with sensitive skin like myself, but there are ways around that too.

5. Deodorants cost you money. Capitalists are especially pleased about that.

Okay, this one I can't argue with, but still rofl at trying to use the 'capitalists like money' argument to try and prove this.

6. Deodorants hide the damage that capitalist products cause your body. Eating meat and other chemical-filled foods sold by capitalists makes you smell bad. Wearing pantyhose makes you smell bad. Capitalists don't want you to stop wearing pantyhose or eating meat.

Translation: We may as throw a plug in for veganism as well.

7. Deodorant-users are insecure. Capitalists like insecure people. Insecure people don't start trouble. Insecure people also buy room fresheners, hair conditioners, makeup, and magazines with articles about dieting.

I buy deodorant and none of the rest of the stuff on the list.

8. Deodorants are unnecessary. Capitalists are very proud of that and they win marketing awards for it.

Unnecessary, maybe. But so are those hippy beads or whatever the fuck you wear to show pride in yourself much as deodorant users do. Hypocrites.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I'll never gives up me meat :gun_rifle: they can have it when they pry it from my cold dead hands :rocket:

Kaedon

Reaction score
It was in a book at my friends house. Katy and Pete are hardcore liberals. I totally shredded that list and they got all upset at me.