Hunter S Thompson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Anyone read his stuff? I'm going to start with the Hell's Angels book

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hunter S. Thompson is one of my biggest inspirations. My facebook photo for a long time was me with a cig mimicking him with a top hat on.

You're in for a treat.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Always mark for Hicks.

What kinda stuff does this guy write? Mostly into horror, occult fiction, sci-fi and such.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Always mark for Hicks.

What kinda stuff does this guy write? Mostly into horror, occult fiction, sci-fi and such.
Most notably probably fear and loathing in las vegas. It was made into a movie with Johnny Depp

96afce5a5f6d3b43da482a1a189604eb.jpg

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and -- in spite of True Romance magazines -- we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”

Reactions: seabs

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
“So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?”

Reactions: seabs

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
“There are times, however, and this is one of them, when even being right feels wrong. What do you say, for instance, about a generation that has been taught that rain is poison and sex is death? If making love might be fatal and if a cool spring breeze on any summer afternoon can turn a crystal blue lake into a puddle of black poison right in front of your eyes, there is not much left except TV and relentless masturbation. It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die.”

@deth you'll like this one.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Always mark for Hicks.

the one I'm about to start is he goes undercover to essentially join the hells Angela and writes about the experience

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
OK, got the oh Hell's No Angels book from my friend (huge Hunter S Thompson mark who has all his books) so I'll begin reading tomorrow, would tonight, but Dubs play soon.

@Danielson I'll probably use this thread to post my thoughts and since you are likely the only other one to read the book I hope you'll discuss it with me :neveralone:

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, i'll be game to do that. Read em a couple years ago, might re-read to follow the journey. Maybe we can each read to a certain point each night to stay on pace.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
damn maybe we should just meet up and cuddle by the fireplace as we read and sip coco