How's Taste My Tweet Tweet? Mixed Martial Arts on Twitter for the Last Week of August

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
2itlilk_medium.jpg

A few updates on what's been going on in the MMA Twitterverse

CATEGORIZE THIS

"Hot tip your safe word should always be 'safe word'..." -Forrest Griffin

"I just had an argument with a friend because I said I didn't fancy his mum, he got offended. Sorry I don't want to shag iyour mum mate!" -Michael Bisping

"Do you think Daniel Radcliffe's nightmare is the Harry Potter theme park in Florida? Can you imagine a whole theme park of you? Scary..." -Dan Hardy

"My grandma won 2 medals at the Senior Olympics at her retirement home yesterday. I hope I don't have to wait until 85 to peak athletically" -Danny Downes

"Sweet mother of all that's holy how bad do I want a sausage McGRIDDLE right now. Go to hell @TheDolceDiet 4 making me eat oat bran. #whining" -Matt Mitrione, is called meathead for a reason.

"Got neck surgery in the AM, THANK U @ufc @danawhite @lorenzofertitta for the insurance!!" -Duane Ludwig

"Power of no bra..does wonders check please!" -Arianny Celeste, if you're asking for the check, it didn't work good enough right?

"Thanks to @danawhite @ufc @joesilva for giving me another awesome opportunity! Im ready, cowboys coming!!" -Donald Cerrone, who decided to step in on short notice to face a top contender in Dennis Siver.

"@Cowboycerrone you are the best! Thank u" -Dana White

"Contract with @StrikeForce SIGNED! Stay tuned for next fight info!" -Cris Cyborg, get her back in the cage. ASAP.

QUINTON JACKSON VS. JON JONES

"@Rampage4real Just so you know, I'm not a person who looks for shortcuts in life. Unlike you, MMA is not something I do because of money... It's a way of life for me and I would never disrespect the integrity of that... I have way more faith in myself, as well as, respect for the art of fighting to ever stoop that low, thats just bad karma... Believe me or not, I've said my part.. hoping you have a safe and healthy finish to your camp.. #Respect" -Jon Jones, I like how he added #respect, after taking a shot at him.

"yeah I keep it real,I fight 4 $ cause I hate training,but I love giving ass whoopins,and ill b giving 1 on the 24th,btw grow up!" -Rampage Jackson

"Ok @Rampage4real, I'll grow up ..." -Jon Jones

There's a ton of tweets after the jump, but first, don't forget to follow me on twitter: @antontabuena

Oh, and these guys are probably worth following as well: The Official BloodyElbow Twitter Account, Luke Thomas, Kid Nate, Brent Brookhouse, Mike Fagan, Leland Roling, Richard Wade, Jonathan Snowden, Chris Barton, Damon O, Scott Broussard, Tim Burke, Matt Bishop, Fraser Coffeen, Dallas Winston, KJ Gould

TWO MIDDLEWEIGHTS ON ANDERSON SILVA'S WIN

"We call Andy "champ" like we call developmentally disabled animals "champ." Good boy, Andy, good boy!" -Chael Sonnen

"anderson does it again!!!! ...anderson did great, but I would give him a way better fight than that. No disrespect to Yushin" -Michael Bisping

"ufc 134 was fantastic. The crowd reminded me of when I fight in England." -Michael Bisping

CONGRATS!

"At the hospital waiting for my next girl to enter the world... praying she comes easy and healthy... 8.4 pounds thank u lord... Thank u all" -Johny Hendricks

"About to drop my son off for his first day of preschool, I'm more nervous then before I fight." -Court McGee

"My little dude is back in school now. I can finally play with the PS3" -Shane Carwin

"Taking off back to Vegas right now to get @Forrestgriffin home in time to see his daughter born!!! ...Just landed in Houston to refuel and go through customs. We will have Forrest home in 2 hours! Hang in there momma Griffen!" -Dana White, not that I'm making excuses for him, but this could probably explain why it didn't look like his mind was in the fight at all.

BRASIL!

"Thanks to everyone for support been amazing, I'm proud of what iv achieved here in Rio, disappointed with result but I will be back stronger" -Ross Pearson

"@RossTheRealDeal amazing fight Ross. You should be proud! FON on one of the sickest cards ever" -Dana White, responding to Pearson.http://twitter.com/danawhite

"Thanks guys, given mission, the mission is accomplished! Thank you for fans around the world during this fight in Rio #Caveira" -Paulo Thiago, is tweeting in BOPE mode.

"Yves Jabouin shin to face pic" -UFC

"Pic of Big Nog after a win ..great victory" -Royce Gracie

"@Minotauromma , sua votoria me motivou muito,para mim voce é o embaixador do MMA no Brasil.Ooos" -Anderson Silva

"UFC Rio" -Lyoto Machida

"Bruce, Herb and I leaving Brazil" -Royce Gracie

"What an amazing event #UFCRio I wish I was there. But we have family business in Singapore. @GregorGracie is fighting next Saturday" -Igor Gracie, who had to go to Singapore with Rolles, and Renzo, to help Gregor prepare for OneFC.

TWIDEOS

"My newest video blog.." -Mike Swick, gets his ACL, MCL surgically repaired.

BRITTNEY PALMER, AND ART SCHOOL

"Just shot a segment with MMA 30 at my house. a lot about my artwork! Can’t wait for you to see it." -Brittney Palmer, Temporary(?) left Octagon girl duties to focus on art school.

"Check out the pic from my figure drawing class :) Not bad for my first one. :) #boom... Last day of school drawing! Had a lot of fun this semester! Can’t wait for next" -Brittney Palmer

MORE TWICTURES

"Helping at the teachers back to school gathering & the theme is "fighting for excellence in education"" -Chandella Powell, now I'm just going to blame the phone, cause this is getting ridiculous.

"Rio Brazil #ufc" -Arianny Celeste

"It was a bit cold and rainy today... so I hiked.. breathtaking!!! Snorkeling there tomorrow! #hawaii" -Natasha Wicks, who also checked out Reagan Penn's MMA debut in Hawaii.

CELEBRITY PICKS UPDATE

"Happy Birthday @whoiscove...Hope you enjoy, but you will have to make a video cause @natashawicks won. Sorry. - #UFC134 http://sbn.to/pkWc7U" -Anton Tabuena, I'm currently working on getting more personalities to make UFC 135 picks, and it looks like I might get another pretty famous musician.

"@antontabuena @whoiscove Happy Birthday Cove!! And yup, I am lookin forward to seein my vid ;)" -Natasha Wicks, is waiting for Cove to post an embarrassing video after losing their bet.

"@natashawicks thanks for the Birthday wishes. Congrats on the win. @antontabuena I hope I get a shot at redemption." -Cove Reber, wants another shot after scoring 3-2, and getting edged by Natasha who went 4-1 on the UFC 134 Celebrity Picks.