How'd SmackDown Fare In Its Second Week On Its New Night?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Viewership for WWE SmackDown increased once again, as last night's episode averaged 2.814 million viewers. That number was up 5% from last week's debut in its new timeslot, which averaged 2.675 million viewers.

The final SmackDown in its old Friday night slot drew 2.432 million viewers.

SmackDown was once again the number one show on cable last night.

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-fare-in-its-second-week-in-its-new-timeslot/

- Well, this is definitely a plus. Needless to say the past two episodes have been good and not as crappy as they used to be before. Hopefully they will keep up the good work!

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ehh, they need more main eventers though, and I still think it should be live. They shouldn't use fake crowd noises either.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If there's a brand split on the horizon in the near future, then I could see it being more than just a B-show.

Airing it live again would be good, too.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
TBF, Bryan coming back to Smackdown has really helped and if they can keep doing good fresh matches while establishing it as more than just a B-show, it could really work. I don't think a brand split is what I really want to see, tbh, because I like having wrestlers cross-over. But more Smackdowns like the last 2 and the one where Cody basically trolled Sandow for the entire show are good. Progress storylines, do great matches and get a better crowd in. For some reason, they seem to be dead a lot. Also, 2 hour RAWs could help put more good content on Smackdown if they were to go down the route. And heck, put more of the over midcarders on the show (I don't see guys like Ryder getting ANY time in) and exclusive storylines.