How will orton become the #1 contender?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

So lets discuss the way that will let him be in the title pic.
What possibilities and the best way to build Orton to be the champ or atleast become the number one contender?

X-Pac

Reaction score
I say put him in a match with Lashley and Cena after GAB and have Orton win the match then have him take the title.

Reaction score
Well, with the way that I've configured things to go. If Lashley wins the title off of Cena...which would be hopefully. Chances are you would be having Booker T, Mr. Kennedy, and a hell of a lot of others after that title. Right now even with Orton in the Legend vs. Legend Killer angle AGAIN... he still stands a good chance of getting the title.
I say that it could be possible for Orton to somehow intervein in one of Lashley's matches. Cause him that match and therefore begin a feud between the two. Somewhere around Unforgiven Orton should have that title shot and win.
Just a theory though....

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
he will probably assault Cena after gab, or on Raw, thus making the feud start, i don't really expect something special, he has been pushed quite good recently

Famou$ 187

Well if HHH comes back sooner then every 1 thinks he probably wont get a shot at all because every 1 will have their focus on HHH.But if he ever gets a title shot it'll b @ Summer Slam or he'll win @ Survior Series like he always does.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
It will probably be the same as it was this month. They do something to determine the number 1 contender (a battle royal, fatal four-way, etc.) and Orton wins. That's the easiest way to set up the feud.

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
Somehow the push that he will get from beating Dusty Rhodes is going to get him back in the main event scene. I think there will be a number one contenders match between Lashley vs Kennedy vs Booker vs Orton and Orton will win there to become #1 contender.

Fatty123

Reaction score
attack Cena from behind or interfere in the Lashley/Cena match at GAB making it a Triple Threat for Summerslam when Orton will win, but he is fighting Dusty Rhodes in a Texas Bullrope match i highly doubt he will interfere in the Cena/Lashley match

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
If it Orton is to win the title i think this is how it will be.

1. Lashley Loses At The GAB

2. Elimination Chamber is annnounced blah blah blah

3. Orton has either earned or been picked a spot.

4. Cena ends up being the first entrant and Orton the last

5. Cena and Orton up being the final 2 but because Cena has been in there for so long and Orton is fresh the odds just finally get to him.

6. Orton hits the RKO covers 1,2,3

7. Your New Champ... Randy Orton.

8. the IWC is full of bliss at Orton finally winning the belt!!

9. Orton does something completely dumb

10. Drops the belt to Triple H a month later

11. Triple H and John Cena feud.

LKP

I think as an orton fan he should fight lashley the night after gab when lashley lost for number 1 contendership. Orton wins and a cena feud starts. Kennedy feuds with lashley and booker goes to hhh when he arrives. But booker will be in the mid card after summerslam though.

Reaction score
i think at the RR it will come down to Kennedy and Orton. they both go over at the same time. they have a match the next night on Raw but they come to a draw (somehow). so the next week they have 2 out of 3 falls. they both get 2 falls then lashley or booker interfiers for the third fall. another draw. so then all three of them go to the next PPV in a triple threat elimination match. it gets down to Kennedy and Orton again. Kennedy is going for the Green Bay Plunge, and Orton throws some elbows, gets infront of Kennedy and hits the RKO from the Top rope. 1 2 3. Orton is #1 contender.

LKP

Royal rumble is like 7 months away i think that is a good concept but to far away.

3lions

Reaction score
If it Orton is to win the title i think this is how it will be.

1. Lashley Loses At The GAB

2. Elimination Chamber is annnounced blah blah blah

3. Orton has either earned or been picked a spot.

4. Cena ends up being the first entrant and Orton the last

5. Cena and Orton up being the final 2 but because Cena has been in there for so long and Orton is fresh the odds just finally get to him.

6. Orton hits the RKO covers 1,2,3

7. Your New Champ... Randy Orton.

8. the IWC is full of bliss at Orton finally winning the belt!!

9. Orton does something completely dumb

10. Drops the belt to Triple H a month later

11. Triple and John Cena feud.

I pretty much agree with that scenario, apart from 9 onwards. I believe/hope Orton's days of bisbehaving are behind him and he can concentrate on fulfilling his potential now.

If this scenario didn't happen, then a tournament would be the most likely scenario. Otherwise, Orton could conclude a feud where he walks out the victor and then attacks the Champion Cena/Lashley, putting himself in the title picture.