How should WWE handle Edge's return?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

I know it's probably really early to be discussing this. But I already miss him as I'm sure a bunch of you guys probably do. It's rare with the advances in surgery that we get someone out for prolonged periods of time. I mean just look at Cena's neck surgery...chillin in the locker room the same night.
So anyway. How do you think WWE should handle Edge's return?
Slow build with bumps and vignettes like HHH's initial quad tear? (arguably the biggest pop wrestling has ever heard)
Suprise run in?

davidian13

Reaction score
This may be the obvious of directions but who cares..

Start off with the HHH-like return promos and have them air for about a month or so..

This in turn will give Jericho more than enough time to refresh everyone's memories and cut several promos, citing Edge as a loser, a hypocrite, a parasitic tapeworm, and most importantly the weak link of "Team Ego"

So when the time comes, say around the RR, and Edge makes his triumphant return he'll obviously be an instant babyface by default, which as much as I may want him to remain a heel, Edge as a face serves as a good thing bc in the current state of the WWE its alot harder to come across a top tier main event face than it is to develop top main event level heel.

That being said, they have a couple of altercations, exchange a few promos, and essentially milk the feud til they meet up one on one at Wrestlemania 26 where they put on what I hope will be an excellent matchup from two of my favorites.

Oh and if Big show is still a factor at this time, which i doubt, but if he is he'll be a good excuse to keep Edge from Jericho til WM

MikeRaw

Have a storylien where he gets injured.... Oh wait, that'll happen anyways.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
If he inserts himself into a world title match and wins the title for NO EXPLAINED REASON AT ALL again, I riot.

noumenon

^LOL, hopefully not. I'de like to see Edge at least once chase the title as a face.

davidian13

Reaction score
E&C vs. Jerishow would be great.
It may be wishful thinking though, but who knows maybe it'll happen.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
It would be OK with Edge as a face when he returns. Most of the guys he's feuded with are heels now, so the roles will be reversed so there won't be anything awkward. His return should be huge, and he should feud with Punk soon enough.

Klide

Tbh id hate to see edge turn face even though it may happen. Seeing a face edge means no more screwing over the fans espescailly those little kids would start cheering for him like cena

noumenon

The plan was for him to go face even before the injury. That's what this whole Edge/Jericho thing was going to lead to. So this saves them the trouble of trying to turn him. Mostly anyone coming back from an injury gets the automatic face pass.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
if they bring himm back heel he's gnna come out and screw somebody out of a major title shot and somehow get put in the match

if he's comeing back face then reveng on jericho and show (if still together)

Reaction score
Exactly have it a TLC match at MANIA

sadly i doubt they'll have a TLC at Mania as long as they still do Money in teh Bank

but we can live in hope

Tbh id hate to see edge turn face even though it may happen. Seeing a face edge means no more screwing over the fans espescailly those little kids would start cheering for him like cena

Edge has kinda already turned face with that broken heel (as in foot) interview with Jericho.

MongolPride

Reaction score
I would really like to see Edge come back as a face and feud with Jericho or if yea its possible and Big Show is still tag team champs with Jericho then Edge and Christian reunion please lol.

Reaction score
I dunno which would be better a one on one feud with Jericho or teaming up with Christian against Jericho and Big Show