How many of you have heard about the murder of Bruiser Brody that happened in 1988?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure at least a lot of long-time pro wrestling fans(that have also followed the NWA and WCCW during the 1980s) were aware of this story. A tragedy where Jose Huertas Gonzalez deliberately murdered Bruiser Brody by stabbing him to death in the shower in the locker room, then Tony Atlas helping Brody get to the ambulance. I've been hearing very often that the reason why Gonzalez stabbed Brody to death was because like many other wrestlers backstage(at that time), he despised and couldn't stand Brody and his attitude(being a difficult worker in the ring and bullying everyone backstage).

The Murder of Frank “Bruiser Brody” Goodish

What are your thoughts on this old tragic story?

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
As Ric mentions in interviews, a lot of the guys backstage were intimidated by Brody or even scared of him. A lot of people backstage didn't like the dude either. If you watch videos on him, people will say nice things now that he has passed away but even Tony didn't care for him for the most part... But being Tony, he helped him anyways because that was the right thing to do. Many other wrestlers were there and no one helped at all. Tony mentions that in the video. I honestly think that this was more than just one wrestler attacking another one. Jose and a group of them likely all planned it out because they couldn't stand him. Also Tony makes a solid point about them going after other wrestlers to up there game. They are all independent workers so taking out someone who is above you gives you a better chance at more time and more money. I think this kind of thing is still done today though not as severe as it was with Brody. Maybe giving or taking a move wrong to injury someone so they are out of the picture for example. I am not sure in the WWE if it happens, but I am sure it happens elsewhere, specially in the indies and down south.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I would not buy that much into the whole "no one liked Brody" thing. He was a bit un-cooperative and had a temper. But from what I gather most wrestlers did not have a problem with him and he did not start shit unless provoked. It was more promoters that he got in trouble/arguments with but he is also considered one of the most willing to help boost ticket sales when asked to. And his arguments with promoters mostly revolved around pay and pushes, which most wrestlers get into arguments with promoters about.

Brody is one of my absolute favorites of all time. All hail

Reactions: Solid Snake