How is Akiyma still employed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
He lost three straight in middleweight... was promised that if he moved down he'd still get to fight... he moved down and still lost.

4 straight losses... how many more fights does he has to lose to get cut?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I don't know, i thought he would've been cut after losing to Shields at UFC 144 but i haven't heard anything on it. Kind of reminds me of the Dan Hardy situation, both are popular in their countries and as the UFC tries to expand globally he could be valuable to bringing in a draw in the future possibly. He's capable of so much more at welterweight and I'd like to see it. Even though he's lost four straight in the UFC, I think he still deserves one more chance considering this was his first fight in the new weight class.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He always comes to fight and makes it exciting no matter whom the opponent is.

I don't like Rampage at all, but he's right when he says the Western world have a skewed boxing-like view of MMA where losses mean something, where as the Japanese fans dont care if you win or lose as long as you bring it every time.

The only real problem with him is his stamina, its one of the worst in MMA. I definitely think he deserves another shot though, the only time I've seen him outclassed in the UFC was against Bisping.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
One loss is fine, two losses is fine... even three is okay. We're on four straight. We've seen people cut after just three straight. I do think it is because he is a name in Japan that he is still employed. Just like hardy is still employed cause he is English. If either of them were American they would have been cut no matter that they always bring it.

I will say though that he seemed to look a lot better in Welterweight as far as cardio goes cause he still looked pretty good in the 3rd round whereas his other fights he looked like a zombie in the 3rd round. Plus he can take hits and has an absolute solid chin. I just don't see him lasting if he loses his next fight but... 4 fights in a row is rather much.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I completely understand where you are coming from, and obviously when a guy loses so many straight his value drops immensely, but I'm willing to cut Akiyama some slack as at least he brings excitement.

Dan Hardy, now I just don't understand that one. He isn't really fun to watch, isnt the power puncher hes being billed as, wnd I can assure you hes not a big name over here. The only guy casual fans know is Bisping. He has a unique look, thats all I can say for him.

Deuce

Reaction score
Fire him! This guy is useless and can't fight worth shit, he gets destroyed every match he's in, he even lost when he dropped down a weight division, which is just sad. :Bored:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I completely understand where you are coming from, and obviously when a guy loses so many straight his value drops immensely, but I'm willing to cut Akiyama some slack as at least he brings excitement.

Dan Hardy, now I just don't understand that one. He isn't really fun to watch, isnt the power puncher hes being billed as, wnd I can assure you hes not a big name over here. The only guy casual fans know is Bisping. He has a unique look, thats all I can say for him.

Thats the only thing I can say about Akiyama... he brings something to the dance. Plus its always fun seein what judo throw he is going to use cause those are always nice to see. Then seein him take all that abuse and still goin at it. Welterweight seemed to be a good idea for a drop cause he was still fightin rather well in the third but... he has to win his next fight. He has to.

Hardy... he has a nice mohawk. I really don't see why Hardy is still employed other than being English. He can fight but... he can lose and has been losing a lot. Bisping is definitely the bigger English fighter, popularity and size wise although mainly popularity to make my point, and he's actually finally getting up to the top of his division. Hardy is like a fish being wrestled out of water. Just can't survive.