How do you enjoy wrestling? (This goes for all wrstling shows)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

How?(Btw I put this here because we dont have a general wrestling forum, and wwe is the most popular forum on here)
Anyways, how can you?
I mean, anyone on here is obviously aware wrestling is pre-determined...
So with that being said, when you watch it, do you just watch it and not take it to seriously, knowing its pre determined and just casually watch? I couldnt do that, cause it would be a waste of time for me IMO to sit there and try to watch a show, all the while think about the fact its pre-determined.
Or do you watch it like a tv show/movie? Like dont even think about the fact that Randy Orton isnt as big an ass in real life, and just watch it, still have someone your cheering for to win and enjoy it just like you would enjoy a movie... Where a movie can be fake to, but you dont think about it when your watching it..
For me, I will come on IWF and talk about the show after the shows, just like I talk about the actors of a movie or tv show AFTER im done watching it... but during the show, I like to treat it like any other show, and think of the wrestlers as characters... And thats how I can enjoy it even though its pre-determined...
So which do you do?

CT Styles

I explain to everyone I know who bags me for watching wrestling that its like a movie. When I get socially hijacked saying 'It's fake! And there's topless men wrestling!'

Well when they tell me its fake I just say.. 'When you watch an action movie and come out of it and you say how good the fight scene was do you have a complete dickhead butting in all the time informing you that its fake and he didn't hit him? Now you know how I feel.'

and when they tell me that it's homo because they're topless I just tell them they're the only ones that notice. So I enjoy it how you do just treat them like characters in a movie.

the dark knight

how do you enjoy wrestling?
i dont........not anymore. well, rarely. i only watch raw HOPING to see something good and new......i like story twists and good, fast matches with meaningful endings. there are things that you're left to think of yourself, which we dont get often aka psychology. thats another thing that used to make me enjoy wrestling.

edit-
show/movie

LadyHotrod

I watch it like a TV show. I'll go to work and talk to my friend about what happened the week before and if I miss a wrestling show, he'll get me all caught up on it.

Viva!

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it being predetermined at all. Its entertaining and you just get caught up in the moment of it. Its like theatre, you wouldn't see a live show and question the authenticity of it. You know their actors but you go along for the ride.

The only thing that gets on my nerves in the WWE is when they keep clearly talented wrestlers down and push ones that I'm unsure of. I don't like watching mentally ill wrestlers like Eugene, Festus or Boogeyman. I know thats not politically correct but I don't enjoy watching wrestlers like that at all.

C4

I don't care if it's pre-determined or not, the fact of the matter is that; "sports-entertainment" can actually get pretty entertaining at times. It's better than most of the dramatic television these days.

As Viva said, it's like a movie in a theatre when we know that they are actors but we still enjoy watching. But they good add more to the storylines and can make them edgier. They should have the show look more like pre-determined Television programming so that even the un-intelligent fans can understand the "over the roof" storylines.

The A-man

Reaction score
Simple. I just sit back and let myself be entertained by it. I hate trying to spot errors and mistakes and start nitpicking like some people would, especially towards TNA.

DAMMIT, just shut up and just watch it for God's sake!

Sycatech

Reaction score
I got 1 word for you. Entertainment.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
When I was a young lad, I watched wrestling simply because all the other sports bored me and wrestling was just about to hit it's peak.

the Hart family got me watching wrestling when I was a kid, we went to stampede wrestling in Calgary when i was younger, afterwards in the bar Owen and Bret were there and my brother had on his WHL (Hockey) jersey on and he was a player the year before.

Bret who owns the Calgary Hitmen knew who my brother was and invited him to the table, my brother boasted about their match and bret I don't know how but he actually knew who my brother was and said "i seen you scrap a behemoth on skates four months ago after a shot puck after a whistle, you have a lot of heart and passion that goes a long way in this world don't lose that." Or something like that he said to my brother, he lives by what Brett said to him.

Ever since then I watched Wrestling and completely ignore everything wrong with it.

Rell

Reaction score
For me, its hard to sit through an entire show. I swear, I have a bad case of Attention Deficit Disorder. Its impossible for me to enjoy a full 2/3 hours of wrestling if I'm not at the actual event. During TNA or WWE shows, I usually end up turning the channel midway through, and a lot of the time, I never turn back. I'll end up watching about 1/2 of the show lol. With Indy stuff, I download shows and burn them to DVD-R's so sometimes I'll watch the first half, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I actually get around to watching the 2nd half. Sometimes I'll watch a full show in one sitting, I guess it depends on how I feel.

So basically, I have ADD, and if something doesn't grab my attention immediately, I lose interest :dry:

I really hate the fact that I'm like this, but shit, theres nothing I can do about it.

C4

I don't get it why people are saying that they watch wrestling because of the "actual wrestling" itself. If you people really do watch WWE for wrestling then why don't you watch those classic wrestling matches of old wrestling promotions which have no story lines whatsoever and only "wrestling"?

LadyHotrod

I don't have a problem with it being predetermined at all. Its entertaining and you just get caught up in the moment of it. Its like theatre, you wouldn't see a live show and question the authenticity of it. You know their actors but you go along for the ride.

The only thing that gets on my nerves in the WWE is when they keep clearly talented wrestlers down and push ones that I'm unsure of. I don't like watching mentally ill wrestlers like Eugene, Festus or Boogeyman. I know thats not politically correct but I don't enjoy watching wrestlers like that at all.

I hate that, too, with the push of certain wrestlers. There are other guys who could use a lot more TV time but they get overshadowed by guys like Triple H.

Don't get me wrong, I am actually a Triple H fan, but he gets boring as hell because he's constantly the main attraction while other talent are wasted. They need to give other people a chance to work their way up.