House show results - Dothan, Ala.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
This is the one I didn't get to attend after all. :sad:

Oh well, anyway.... Here are the results of Sunday night's live Raw house show event in Dothan, Ala.:

1 – Brodus Clay def Heath Slater
Slater wants to make a music video and wants Brodus’ dancers. Wants a stipulation that he wins the girls if he wins the match. Short 5 minute match – about what you’d expect. Good starter match, kids dance in ring afterwards.

2 – R-Truth and Kofi Kingston def Primetime Players w/ AW
Good action, same finish as rest of weekend. PT Players get the pin and are named Tag Champions. AJ comes out and tells ref that Kofi had his foot on the rope. Match is restarted. R-Truth and Kofi instantly hit both opponents and pin both of them to retain title.

3 – Layla def Alicia Fox
Layla retains Diva Championship – really nothing to talk about here. Short and not interesting at all.

4 – Alex Riley def Dean Ambrose
Both played old school face and heel roles very well. My first look at Ambrose – he comes out on mic and talks about how we probably haven’t heard about him since it takes a while for communication to make its way to Alabama. I’m looking forward to hopefully seeing Ambrose on television soon.

5 – CM Punk def Daniel Bryan in street fight
This 30 minute part of the house show is worth your admission. AJ comes out to announce that fans voted this a street fight. Bryan made a big deal that he wasn’t going to participate in a street fight – he wanted to wrestle.

During intro, Punk had ring announcer add to his announced hometown of Chicago that he was currently looking for real estate in Alabama. These two played to the crowd with perfection. Bryan made a young girl at ringside cry when he tore up her sign – Punk then went over to hand her his t-shirt.

This one lasted 15-20 minutes. Both guys did “yes” and “no” kicks – funny moment where both repeatedly bounced off ropes and exchanged several blows to each other with the crowd yelling “yes” for Punk hits and “no” for Bryan’s. Match included chair and kendo stick and several near falls.

6 – Santino def Jack Swagger
2nd half of show opens with Santino’s humor really playing well for crowd. Not a lot of wrestling in this short match. Santino wins with cobra.

7 – Chris Jericho and Zack Ryder def Dolph Ziggler and The Miz
Fun match – starts with Jericho/Ryder taking upperhand. Action goes outside the ring for a few minutes. Ryder spent good part of match taking the beating waiting for Jericho’s hot tag. Jericho moonsaults Miz and then applies the walls. Dolph tries to hit Jericho with MITB briefcase but Jericho hits him with codebreaker. Then pins Miz for victory. Kind of cool to know this was Jericho’s last house show – at least for a while.

8 – John Cena def Big Show by pinfall in steel cage match
The Dothan Civic Center holds about 2500-3000 and appeared to be very close to a sell out. Cena entrance prompted by far the loudest ovation of the night. Kids wearing the green Cena shirt the dominant of any t-shirt in the arena.

This match was really better than I thought it had any right to be. Both men gave good effort for a small house show. Several well executed spots including 1) Cena trying to climb over cage but Big Show bringing him back in, 2) both men taking turns dragging each other back from leaving the cage door and 3) Cena climbing over the cage door to slam it on Big Show before Big Show catches Cena and chokeslams him back into the ring.

Normal finish with Cena hulking up after taking a beating. He applies his finisher after knocking Big Show from the top rope to straddling the ropes with a midsection hit.

Read more

(Side note: ...and how I wish THIS were actually true. ;) "During intro, Punk had ring announcer add to his announced hometown of Chicago that he was currently looking for real estate in Alabama.")

Reactions: Matt

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hahahaha, Ambrose, you're such a boss... *looks down and sees myself wearing a UT shirt* Fuck you, Ambrose, you dirty son of a bitch!

Seriously, It's really a shame you didn't get to go to this. The live atmosphere is second to none (according the Leo C) especially that tag match... and a 20 minute Punk/Bryan street fight! That sounds amazing. Rest of that is meh, but being part of an electric crowd may have made a huge difference.

Jericho's last house show :sad:

Do you happen to know if the house next to you is for sale?

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Rainman said:
Hahahaha, Ambrose, you're such a boss... *looks down and sees myself wearing a UT shirt* F*** you, Ambrose, you dirty son of a bitch!

Seriously, It's really a shame you didn't get to go to this. The live atmosphere is second to none (according the Leo C) especially that tag match... and a 20 minute Punk/Bryan street fight! That sounds amazing. Rest of that is meh, but being part of an electric crowd may have made a huge difference.

Jericho's last house show :sad:

Do you happen to know if the house next to you is for sale?

Oh man, you know that one real-life friend I have who watches wrestling? Well, she and I went to a Raw house show back in early June in Birmingham, Ala. It was the first live event either of us had been to and it was fantastic. We had such an amazing time. Wonderful show, great atmosphere, plus we had awesome seats -- floor seats, sixth row, perfect! We were dying to go back. lol She has family in Dothan so we had hoped to make it to that show this weekend, but didn't get to. I really was bummed. Honestly, it seems like even the wrestlers enjoy house shows more. They got really into it and seemed to have a great time themselves, which just made the show even better. When we went, it was Punk vs. DB in a no DQ match. Anyway, it was an amazing first experience and I'm still dying to attend another live event. Would have LOVED to have seen the Punk / Bryan match in Dothan; sounds incredible!

You mean the one about five miles down the road from me? ;) Yeah, it's for sale. Woot!

Oh, and the Ambrose bit wouldn't surprise me. lol Seth Rollins came out during the house show we attended, and he hardly got a reaction at all from the crowd. I figured maybe they didn't realize who he was, so I started screaming for Rollins, trying to help get his name out there.