Hideo Kojima's new studio...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
8TuSNnJT9UKWdY8C39a9Qk.png

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Adding this here as well...

Never one to shy from real life political influences in his games, Kojima says he's interested in the global spectrum at the moment, and is "afraid" of "politics moving to the right"—particularly in America. He adds: "I believe you should make something that matches the times, because the world changes every day. There’s new news every day, the people in the world change all the time. Sometimes film directors come up with an idea when they’re a child, and then they make the film when they’re an adult. I don’t think that’s something you should do, because it’s no longer topical."

Following his very public and acrimonious split with former employer Konami, there was some suggestion at the time that Kojima would take a break from making games altogether. Kojima admits he did think about pursuing other areas within the arts—such as film or novel writing—however felt he owed it to the world to show what he was capable of on his own.

"I want to continue to work and create games until I die," he says. "I don’t want to leave work and spend the rest of my life fishing. I want to be there on the front lines with the young blood until I die."