HHH Looking to Change the Tag Team Division

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- Triple H is serious on introducing new talents through vignettes and promos. It's also being said that Triple H is interested in reviving the WWE Tag Team division. Word is that they are really starting to recruit tag teams and see if some names are under contract to other promotions.

There has been talk internally about The Brisco Brothers but they are signed to Ring of Honor. There has also been a lot of talk about TNA's Beer Money and bringing them in once they are able to get away from TNA.

Regarding the Kings of Wrestling - Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli coming, the talk is that they will indeed be brought in together as a tag team and not singles wrestlers.
I'll believe it when I see it. There's been countless reports of this before and nothings really changed. Impressive looking list, although I really can't see Beer Money coming off though considering they seem to be approaching an imminent singles run.

Clark Miller

Reaction score
Yeah! Finally! We need the Tag Team Division again. It's getting annoying seeing random superstars put together for one night. That's not a Tag Team, that's just a match. I'm so excited.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Hopefully this will go through as I am a huge fans of both the Briscoes, and Beer Money. I doubt they will sign either team but it would be awesome if they did.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'd love Beer Money in WWE, but yeah it does seem unlikely a few years back weren't they intrested in trying to bring in The Motor City Machine Guns? either way they need to focus on that divsion and try and make it into something again.

The Boondocks

Reaction score
Triple H needs to do what Vince wouldn't and take one for the team. He needs to acknowledge that a team was in the "rival" promotion, and suck it up. That way, he can give a team like the Briscoes or Beer Money some big bucks and make even bigger bucks. In my opinion, Beer Money is one of the top tag teams on television since they started. Now, I can't speak for the Briscoes, but I have caught video of KoW, and they need to be brought in as a team.

Him bringing in established teams will do nothing but better the "throwing teams together" or bringing up a team that nobody knows. Tons of people know Beer Money, Briscoes, and KoW. It's a win-win. Triple H leading this is good for WWE.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Beery Money last I checked isn't possible for at least a few years as I believe they both signed new deals with TNA a year ago or so. Hope this happens though as it's something that has been missing from WWE for years now.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I don't see Beer Money ever leaving TNA. If their contracts expired tomorrow and they had offers from WWE & TNA, they'd re-sign with TNA. The Kings of Wrestling is always being rumored, and if they do get WWE contracts good luck to them. As Claudio and Hero both deserve them.

As I said in the Raw thread 2 weeks back, i'd like to see Miz & R-Truth as the next WWE Tag Team Champs because they're hardly doing anything with Otunga and Joe Hennig. And having Miz & Truth possibly feuding with Mysterio & Morrison (if he stays as his contract is rumored to be expiring in a few months) would make the Tag Division interesting again. Then you could possibly have the Kings of Wrestling entering then, so a 3 way feud would be great.

The Boondocks

Reaction score
I don't see Beer Money ever leaving TNA. If their contracts expired tomorrow and they had offers from WWE & TNA, they'd re-sign with TNA. The Kings of Wrestling is always being rumored, and if they do get WWE contracts good luck to them. As Claudio and Hero both deserve them.

As I said in the Raw thread 2 weeks back, i'd like to see Miz & R-Truth as the next WWE Tag Team Champs because they're hardly doing anything with Otunga and Joe Hennig. And having Miz & Truth possibly feuding with Mysterio & Morrison (if he stays as his contract is rumored to be expiring in a few months) would make the Tag Division interesting again. Then you could possibly have the Kings of Wrestling entering then, so a 3 way feud would be great.

You bring a good point with the Miz/Truth thing. They seem to have adequate chemistry, and if Truth pulls Miz in with his conspiracy storyline, they could be formed as an ACTUAL team with ACTUAL similarities, rather than teams thrown together like Morrison and Truth were.

AF.

Reaction score
How are they gonna get the tag division going when they don't even give a fuck about the mid-card and the IC/US Titles?

I call bullshit.

Clark Miller

Reaction score

I don't know, I think that's still falling into the Throwing Random Wrestlers Together type of deal. I think we need Tag Teams that have been together for a while, and can really call themselves a tag team. But when you think about it, Will HHH push The Tag Team Division? We Have the Uso's and I think that's a Fantastic Tag Team, But they are still at the bottom of the Ladder. We will just have to wait and see.