Help!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Help me get back into WWE guys.

Many of you on here may have no idea who I am. A few stalwarts will hopefully remember me.

Anyways.

WWE is at it's most stacked roster in a long time, so many talented great wrestlers to watch. Yet I have zero interest. I used to just watch PPV's due to work scheduling. I've lost that atm. I need help I miss wrestling but I can't get it to grab my attention atm. It should be though WWE is doing all the internet smark things I wanted two years ago so why don't I care? I just don't get as heated as I did about it. Help me guys throw some WWE classic matches from this year my way please.

Cheers.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Have you considered watching NXT over Raw/Smackdown?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to love NXT. Dropped it due to my gf at the time not being a fan and just not picked it back up. It still great?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Aye, Cloud.

I think probably somewhat of the first step to becoming interested in it again is just being active here personally. I don't watch wrestling atm, but the site keeps me up-to date with the product. Also, it kinda helps give me an idea on what stuff to check out and what not to check out. Although in reality, I check out nothing.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Ya know, a lot of the reason I am not in to it is the story lines. I just can't deal with the way they are doing them. Maybe I am being too picky. If you like watching wrestling in general, you can always just watch the matches. I was more in to wrestling for the story lines which is why I have lost interest. Such a shame too because they have a lot of good wrestlers as you mention... I don't know though man.

Jazzwazza

Jobber
Reaction score
I have recently gotten back into wrestling after a 3-4 year break and I found that I watch it from a more creative POV now. I've started to enjoy watching NXT more than the main shows because of how they run it. Seeing some of the new talent and the way they use them in the story lines is pretty interesting. Plus I'm always googling wwe news and watching extra stuff on the network

Reactions: Solid Snake

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
start slow by watching the shows before PPVs, PPVs and the shows right after PPVs.. that helped me become interested again because I saw some storylines changes so differently throughout the course of a couple of weeks that I started watching the inbetween shoes.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
A good show to watch is Smackdown Live as it has been the most consistent of the two in putting good shows. Two hours goes by at a good pace, and a good roster. Raw has been hit or miss. It has potential and there have been good episodes, but it is a coin flip.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to love NXT. Dropped it due to my gf at the time not being a fan and just not picked it back up. It still great?

My recommendation would be to start back with NXT if you can. Only problem is that it might be difficult to do this if you don't have a network subscription. NXT is easy enough to get back into the swing of because they don't have as much going on as Raw or Smackdown, so you will get into it so much easier. Personally, of the three, NXT is still my preference because it still has that small time federation feel to it that I like.

Between Raw and Smackdown, Smackdown is easily the better show right now. It's shorter and more enjoyable. Raw often has better matches, but with the enormous amount of things going on in the show, it's not always easy to just enjoy the matches. Smackdown keeps everything pretty neatly together and you don't feel like you've just run a marathon after you watch it. A lot of times, even a good Raw can really weigh you down after seeing it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
NXT is still pretty easy to watch, m8. So, I guess you should start with NXT TakeOver: Toronto if you want to get back into NXT.

And, if you want to watch RAW and SmackDown (SmackDown >>> RAW since the brand split, btw), as well, then I guess you should start from Survivor Series or TLC.

Or, maybe you should wait till the Rumble next year.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah I'd recommend smackdown over raw. Although I like more characters on raw. But the 3 hr thing sucks. Big time.

Now smackdown also has a separate 3rd hour called 205 live. But it only airs on the wwe network. But if you're in attendance it's a 3rd hour.
Personally I think they fucked up royally with that one. Rather than making 205 live the 3rd raw hour (which would have been their best decision in a long time. Because you know, the cruiserweights are 'exclusive' to raw....) they added another hour to their weekly programming.

NXT is always a safe bet too. With stars such as samoa Joe, shinsuke nakamura, Bobby roode, Austin Aries (injured atm I believe) they put on some great matches. Although I'm expecting atleast 1 of the big names to come up at the rumble.