Heel GMs? Good or bad

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

It seems now WWE wants heels to run the brands, and I know this is sort of a stupid question, but what do you prefer? A heel or a face? I would prefer a face if he was not used in storylines, but heel GMs make feuds inlvoving themselves interesting, just look at Bischoff when he was RAW's GM.

So thoughts? Heels or Faces for GMs?

JC Punk

Reaction score
Bad i cant stand when theres a bad boss it just changes the whole show basically

Christian

Reaction score
LOVE HEEL GMS!!! Not Vickie, she's just bad. But I LOVED to hate Bischoff when he was a GM with the Big Valbowski as his assistant. Oh man, those were some badass shows.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I could go both ways. Overall I'd say I prefer heel GM's because as you said they involve themselves in storylines and they're usually pretty good.

I will say that although I do not like Vicky and the Edge thing is duisguisting because she's so ugly, I really, really like that storyline. I like that whole faction that Edge has set up there and I think it's a good storyline. I'd love to see Long back the face at 'Mania and Viky back Edge with the winner getting the belt and control of SD!

Anyway I got way off topic there, but I prefere heel GM's. Teddy Long isn't terrible, I don't hate face GM's they give you what you want, but heels usually provide for more entertaining TV.

John

Heel GM's bring an added flavour to the show. like Vickie Gurrairo and EDGE is way better than seeing Teddy! with no face GM's at the moment, Estrada is a tweener i think, Smackdown is a definate watch! heel GM's are good for the Show! of course they are.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Ehh, I think Regal is pretty much heel now. When he first came on he was tweener, but now I'd say he's heel. He's way to much in love with McMahon and he's always trying to get back at HHH by putting him in matches that seem impossible and shit like that so I'd say he's a heel now.

phantomgerald

^^Definately a heel, if anybody's a tweener, it's Armando. He seems to genuinely wants what's best for ECW rather than just helping the heels, although he still does it sometimes.

John

Yeh, i made a mistake, i meant to Put Estrada but i am watching a william regal match and by accident put Regal.

kingovkings

Reaction score
yup i prefere heel gm's they get invoved more than face gm's i loved bishoff as gm i also love regal as gm

Evil Austin

it does not matter heel or face but it is needed for a change for sure..

raw last few

regal - heel
vince - heel
coach - heel
bishoff - heel
Bishoff + austin (a brief stunt in 03 from march - november) - heel (bishoff) face (austin)

Smackdown

Long - face
kurt angle - heel
stephanie mcmahon - face (heel for like a month)
paul heyman - heel

smackdown looks like the only one that has a different storyline every few years...

Raw needs a face gm and stat and someone that can make a good promo -

tasso10

Reaction score
the best GM/Authority figures perhaps ever are Vince and Bischoff. Paul Heyman also fits close to the bill.

Face GM's dont help elevate the 'cowardly acting' heel wrestlers. Hence it limits the heel wrestlers progressions more. The face wrestlers on the other hand wouldnt lose too much when they lose 'against the odds'. But if they succeed then this can elevate them to another level.

So quite simply. Heel GM's should be the way to go.

Airfixx

^^^^Agreed.

They should be heel. Ties in nicely with the notion of people hating their boss too... Especially the 'Company Man', ass-lick type like Regal is atm.

C4

I like tweener GM's, they make the show so exciting.
Heel GM's are good, but if you drag them for a long time then they start to rot and their character fades. Face GM's suck, like Teddy Long. So Tweeners are just perfect!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I dislike the idea of GM's having a face/heel designation in general. The purpose of the GM is to ensure that his or her brand is the best so generally having an alignment so to speak pretty much negates any chance of that. I'd like a GM who has minimal interference in the show and only steps in when is necessary.