HBK's Career

• Thread starter Moonlight Drive
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What do you think Shawn Michaels future will be?

• He'll keep going, nothing will stop the Heartbreak Kid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's time for him to hang up the boots while he can

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moonlight Drive

Well, we now know at Summerslam HBK will be there to tell us if he will be continuing to wrestle, or if his star-studded 20 year career is over. What do you think he'll do?

I think he'll hang 'em up for now at least, his bodies taken a major beating over the last year or 2, especially lately. But I still believe his last match will be VS 'Taker at WM 25.

Your thoughts?

seX-Power

I agree that he will go, at least for now. It is definately going to be very major though and this might mean a farewell macth for HBK at Summerslam. Dunno whats to come of this

Airfixx

I doubt very much his last match will be an un-announced/un-promoted match at SSlam....

Even if we don't see him wrestle between now and next March, if he's ready to retire it's WM all the way....

Personally, I'm gonna be really gutted if we don't get a finale match for the HBK/Y2J fued.

eggthief

Reaction score
Yeah I think he will go on until WM25, hope he'll fued with Y2J the same way he did with Orton when/if he comes back.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I think his announcement at summer slam will be that he is retiring while he can. so he can spend time with the most important things in his life his family. But his real retirement will be at WM25. He is not gonna retire with out going out with a bang, And Wrestlemania is were he can go out as the show stopper, The icon, MR wrestle mania thats were his final match will be on the grandest stage of them all.

CenaMark54

I see HBK finishing up at Mania. Where he will hopefully put over a young up and comer like CM Punk or MVP.

Dre

Reaction score
The only thing that I want is for HBK to have one more title run before he decides to hang it up. Also I would love to see him go up against CM Punk or The Undertaker at WrestleMania 25.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Whoops voted for the wrong one.

HBK and Taker should both retire at WM 25.

The two ORIGINAL Raw stars should close the show with a phenomenal main event.

This shouldn't be like Ric Flair's retirement storyline. The fans should know that it'll be HBK's and Taker's last match.

At 25th WrestleMania the stage is set. Both men are getting old.

It should be HBK vs. Taker in their last match, then Shawn Michaels could hang up his boots for good.

Reaction score
Shawn Michaels has a great career. I've been a little too hard on him the past 2 years but that's mostly because of Fuhrer H's doing.

If recent history has taught us anything, it's longevity. Ric Flair was at a decent level until age 58. Sting is 49. I just don't see him calling it quits now or even at the next WM. If he does it's because that's number 25.

He can still move and is in great shape. He should be given a farewell title reign. Not the courtesy shit 6 years ago for one month. If anyone tells it's because they weren't sure he'd stick around is full of shit. I think he'll be around another few years.

McLovin

Reaction score
As some other people have said, I don't see Michaels wrestling past the end of 2009, hopefully they can give him a good send off next year like they did with Ric Flair.

the fishy fish

Reaction score
i hope he doesnt retire but i can see him leaving for a long period of time. however i dont want him to return full time at the moment because it will make chris jerichos attack look false.

The Rated R CMStar

Lol at the one saying Taker and HBK will wrestle for 5 more years. There's no chance that will happen. I mean, they both take time outs regularly as of now, imagine what they would do in 5 years. Only wrestle in PPVs?

Now, HBK vs Taker would be great as a farewell match, however I don't like the idea of wrestler losing their last match. HBK vs MVP or HBK vs Punk would be an amazing match, but would lack the nostalgia or the "it" feeling HBK last match needs to have.

My vote is, altough very, very unlikely, is to have HBK vs HHH. Out of all, HHH losing at Mania is not that improbable

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah id like to see that HHH/HBK as his final match it would mean more than Michael's going up against a new guy, Granted it would put the up and coming star over in a major way but i just think it's more fitting for him to go up against HHH and they could build a sick feud and put on one hell of a match.

Reaction score
Lol at the one saying Taker and HBK will wrestle for 5 more years. There's no chance that will happen. I mean, they both take time outs regularly as of now, imagine what they would do in 5 years. Only wrestle in PPVs?

Now, HBK vs Taker would be great as a farewell match, however I don't like the idea of wrestler losing their last match. HBK vs MVP or HBK vs Punk would be an amazing match, but would lack the nostalgia or the "it" feeling HBK last match needs to have.

My vote is, altough very, very unlikely, is to have HBK vs HHH. Out of all, HHH losing at Mania is not that improbable

Just what the world needs, HHH vs. HBK 50. They've done every gimmick match possible so what's next, wrestling in outer space?!

HBK should lose in his last match. Ric Flair did, Mick Foley did, Terry Funk does it all the time. I do agree that it should be with someone established. Undie is a good choice but I'd rather see him with Chris Jericho.