Has Jericho Punk disappointed anyone else so far?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Sure they've had some great promos but it could have been so much better imo. It's mainly down to them being booked as third priority to Rock/Cena and HHH/Taker/HBK but it still should have been more than what it has been.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I've been disappointed with most everything in this Wrestlemania build, and CM Punk/Jericho is no exception. Barring the one great opening segment they had I think it was 3 weeks ago, it's been pretty meh.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Not really. From the time they've been given (which is 1 promo slot, a tag-team wrestling match [fuck off long] and then a backstage promo) they've done what they can. So far we've had promo of the year which I think will go completely unmatched throughout, a shit tag-team (but did put Jericho over) which is expected as those matches NEVER help feuds, and a backstage promo which was delivered perfectly and was sold perfectly by Punk.

Problem is as you say - they're treated as the third biggest feud, when in reality (as you can tell from reactions) people care about them a lot more than they do about HHH vs Taker, not Rock vs Cena though which is expected. If they get booked properly they'll steal the show.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Not really. It's been pretty much what I expected thus far. And we still have two more Raws to go. Something also tells me this feud will continue past Wrestlemania.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'm not saying what we have seen hasn't been good, there just hasn't been enough of it, and it's being unfairly overshadowed.

I do agree with whoever said it will continue past WM. I think jericho wins the belt off Punk and Punk will take it back at a later PPV

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I think Extreme Rules in April is in Chicago, which is where Punk is from, I believe. So maybe Jericho wins the belt at Mania but then loses it back to Punk in Punk's hometown.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Tbh I think that's where they've mishanded this slightly it should have been Punk chasing Jericho into Mania not the other way round. It just made sense to have Punk win his title back at WM but for some reason they thought it would be better this way.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
Agreed. Jericho should have won the title at at Elimination Chamber, in my opinion.

I think a lot of people on here agreed with that tbh. It made sense either that or at the RR could have worked.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
Tbh I think that's where they've mishanded this slightly it should have been Punk chasing Jericho into Mania not the other way round. It just made sense to have Punk win his title back at WM but for some reason they thought it would be better this way.

I'm thinking mainly because the feud will continue after Wrestlemania, didn't want too many changes I guess.

The feud hasn't been as good as it could be, but Punk/Jericho make it watchable. As I've said, they've had 3 segments which are what, 8 minutes tops? Compare that to Cena/Rock. Promo of the year, Jericho looking strong and a personal insult to CM Punk via backstage promo is good so far, he speaks again tonight on SmackDown I think.

Reaction score
I didn't like their promo at first since everytime they just keep saying "I'm the best in the world" and "I'm the best at what I do". They just kept arguing over that. But now, Jericho has taken this personal which I like and I find it entertaining to me. :eek:tunga:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Big Hoss Rambler said:
I didn't like their promo at first since everytime they just keep saying "I'm the best in the world" and "I'm the best at what I do". They just kept arguing over that. But now, Jericho has taken this personal which I like and I find it entertaining to me. :eek:tunga:

You didn't like their head to head promo?

WAIT WHAT?!