Halo 5: Guardians Announced For 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
HALO-5-Guardians-Cover.jpg

Today Microsoft and 343 announced the next installment in the Halo universe. It's called Halo 5: Guardians, it's all about Master Chief's journey in moving on from the events of Halo 4, and it'll be out in the fall of 2015 on Xbox One.

Why on earth would you not have waited a few weeks and announced this officially at E3? It feels extremely sterile and generic done this way. Of course we all knew it existed but this kills a lot of Microsoft E3 hype.

"Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4," 343 general manager Bonnie Ross wrote on the Xbox Wire today. "That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what's now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we've invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One's hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."

Ross didn't offer too many specifics about the game, though she noted that the next big Halo will have dedicated servers and run at 60 frames per second. The Steven Spielberg-helmed Halo television series will also be out in fall of 2015, according to Ross.

Sorry, but that's a long-ass ways away. I don't know what's relevant anymore.

So what about this year?

"Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year," Ross wrote. "I spoke about a 'journey,' rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We'll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we're confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited the special plans we have in store."
#staycalm and keep on lying.

They're doing everything they can to pretend the Halo 2 Remastered rumour isn't real =P
-Silver-

During a presentation in Los Angeles this week, the 343 team told a group of journalists that Halo 5 will be running on a brand new engine. They mentioned a few times that Halo has always been a huge element of the Xbox platform, and that they're aiming to "move the needle on the Xbox ecosystem."

They weren't willing to divulge much more just yet—save for flashing a sunny image of Master Chief holding an assault rifle mirror-imaged underneath what looked like a female spartan holding a battle rifle set against a desert-looking backdrop—but we should have at least a few more details you'll be interested in soon. E3 is just around the corner, after all.

I'm preparing myself for the soon-to-be-widespread usage of "FemChief."

UPDATE: The top character is definitely not Cortana, a Microsoft rep confirmed, despite the speculation of a certain Kotaku editor-in-chief.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Isn't it Commander Shepard Palmer aka Jennifer Hale. That the top spartan is?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/16/5724862/halo-master-chief-collection-hd-remakes-xbox-one
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...-halo-the-master-chief-collection-to-succeed/

This seems more true than not to be honest.
Master Chief Collection:
Includes all numbered Halo Games (1,2,3,4) in remastered form.

Still no confirmation on any of the Multiplayer features whatsoever if this does end up being the case.

Could this be the "Big Steps in 2014 for the series" that they've been talking about at Microsoft?

I'm interested to see if what comes of this report.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Why has Farcry4 and Halo just been announced?

Probably to build speculation before E3 but I would have been happier seeing the reveal at the press conference.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Why has Farcry4 and Halo just been announced?

Probably to build speculation before E3 but I would have been happier seeing the reveal at the press conference.
xbone ininerary at E3 got leaked; look for footage teasing next gen Gears of War.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Pumped for both of these games, and aware of the Last Resort update for MCC :yay:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I wanna see Midship and Lockout redone with 1080 graphics.. will be playing Halo 2 the most out of the whole MCC.