Halle Berry Declines Aretha Franklin Biopic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
source:

http://www.vibe.com/posts/halle-berry-declines-aretha-franklin-biopic

Halle Berry said she will not be playing Aretha Franklin in a biopic, despite the iconic singer’s request. Berry dismissed the rumors while speaking with E! News on the Golden Globes red carpet and cited her inability to sing as too big of an obstacle in undertaking the role. (Side eye)

“If I could carry a tune, I'd consider it,†she says. “Someone should tell Aretha that I can't do her justice.â€

Franklin doesn't seem to care. On a recent visit to The Wendy Williams Show she said that most of the lead offers so far haven’t been good and that her number one choice is Halle Berry.

The most glaring problem with this is that Halle Berry looks nothing like Aretha Franklin (even when you look at Franklin’s younger skinny days). But in general, Berry’s excuse was more bogus than a three-dollar bill.

There’s a nifty little thing that even pop stars do these days called “lip-syncing.†Lastly, Berry's "non-singing" self has played singers Zola Taylor (1998’s Why Do Fools Fall in Love) and Dorothy Dandridge (1999’s Introducing Dorothy Dandridge) in the past. But we digress.

There's other actresses in the sea that are probably a better fit anyway. Maybe Hollywood will do the unthinkable and discover someone new.