Guy walks off with 1.6 million in gold

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Police Identify Suspect in Theft of $1.6M Pot of Gold

Lol I've seen this article for the past couple of days now and decided to post it here because it's gotten too funny not to share with people who haven't come across the story.

This dude was walking the streets of NYC, saw an unprotected unarmored truck that had been occupied with a pot filled with roughly $1.6 million dollars in gold flakes.. It was not being watched for whatever reason and this guy literally just walks up and takes it and walks away and no one knew of anything until several minutes later so the guy had been long gone.

Apparently they have knowledge that he may be in LA but they might as well just call it a loss cuz this dude literally walked off and is probably out of LA and more into the country down south.

Lol that security company though.. how do you let that happen?

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
How many of you would do the same!? :dawg:

Like come on, you can't just leave a truck like that out in the open. I bet the dudes who were in charge have a lot of splaining to do.

tumblr_miuae8uVjW1qbgyx2o1_250.gif

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
How many of you would do the same!? :dawg:

Like come on, you can't just leave a truck like that out in the open. I bet the dudes who were in charge have a lot of splaining to do.

tumblr_miuae8uVjW1qbgyx2o1_250.gif

I wouldn't. Not that I have some high moral compass that I really care. But I value my freedom and the fact that I have never been in jail for any reason. I walk the straight and narrow because I'd never take that chance. I've been confined to a hospital for 9 days once and that was a nightmare. I couldn't imagine being in prison for years. I'd probably die.

But yeah, I think a loss of 1.6 in gold will get them written up at least. :D

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I was watching the surveillance videos that picked him up and it's gold, I mean the guy is literally stumbling around trying to carry a heavy ass pot of gold flakes.. and no one bats an eye.. they just move out of his way.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You know, he's probably screwed anyway. I mean, he can't just go to a store and sell a lot of gold because the gold store would have his information and the police would be able to find him easily. They'd have reports of a guy selling a large amount of gold that hasn't done it before.

So say he decides to sell a little bit of gold here and there at different gold stores? Again, that would be easily traceable by the police. He'll probably have to find some shady way to sell it and he won't get nearly as much as it is worth by doing that.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah lol, they already found out he was living under an assumed name.. have his "real name" if that is even his "real name" all racism aside, if a guy is willing to just do something like that out in the open he had nothing to lose and probably wasn't supposed to be in the country anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah lol, they already found out he was living under an assumed name.. have his "real name" if that is even his "real name" all racism aside, if a guy is willing to just do something like that out in the open he had nothing to lose and probably wasn't supposed to be in the country anyway.

Yeah, I guess I should have actually read the article haha. But yeah, you're probably right. Figured, what the hell and took it

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Did they catch him yet?
Nah, I personally think he's long gone.. He probably sold it all for like $100,000 to someone and fled to Mexico.

I just read a recent update though, they tracked him on scattered surveillance footage amongst the route he took and lost him at about a half mile away from where he took it from.. Kudos to that guy man, 86 pounds of gold flakes in a big ol cauldron for at least half a mile.. that's dedication, clearly no one paid any attention to this guy or thought anything of it, that's so bad lolol :)