Gustafsson Wants To Knock Lil’ Nog Out In Their Upcoming Fight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Alexander Gustafsson is the new promises of UFC in the light heavyweight, but he will have to be tested. The Sweeden was chosen to be one of the stars of the main event on the first edition of the show in his coultry, on April 14, against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, and guarantees he’s sharp enough to go.

“I'm training very hard here in Stockholm, Sweden, at my home club nexus fightercenter. I train both here in swe and US. I train with Phil Davis, Joey Beltran, Dominick Cruz, Brandon Vera and many moreâ€￾, said Gustafsoon, on an exclusive interview conceded to TATAME, complimenting a lot his opponent. “He is very tough guy. He's a legend in the sportâ€￾.

Alexander is coming from four great wins in the UFC, all via knockout or submission, and called everyone’s attention as he sent the veteran Vladimir Matyushenko to the floor in December of 2011. “Just train hard every dayâ€￾, that’s the secret, he guarantees.

Is fighting in front of 14 thousand countrymen an extra pressure on his shoulder? “No, just super happy to fight on home groundâ€￾, affirmed the light heavyweight fighter, comparing how big MMA is in his country to England, recognizing it’s a lot smaller than it is in the US, Canada and Brazil.

With only one loss in 14 MMA bouts disputed, being his loss via submission to Phil Davis, Alex says he learned a lot from it. On the next couple of fights came the prove: he used the ground game to defeat Cyrille Diabaté and James Te-Huna, both using a rear naked choke. “I learned to be a better fighter overallâ€￾, says.

On a recent interview with TATAME TV (click here to check the complete piece), Nogueira said he will go for the knockout at any cost against Gustafsoon, and the Sweden was glad to hear it

“I hope he goes for it otherwise I'll knock him out (laughs)! I'm ready to box! I have a gameplan for himâ€￾, shoot Alex, who was not excited about Nogueira VS. Tito Ortiz. “It wasn't a good fight, Tito gave him the fightâ€￾.

MMAWorldWide.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I hope that Gustafsson is successful. Really like the way that he goes about his work inside the Octagon and I think that Lil Nog is approaching retirement.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Think both Nog's are approaching retirement, would like to see him get a win here but i think I'll go with Gustafsson especially with him fighting in his hometown on UFC's debut in Sweden and what not.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I like this guy man, he looks a bit awkward like he doesnt know what to do at times but hes a finisher, so always makes for a decent fight.

Hope he wins, mostly because Nog has been an epic failure from day 1 in the UFC.