Gunther talks Cody Rhodes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
gunthercody.jpg

After their interactions in the Royal Rumble, Gunther is looking forward to facing Cody Rhodes in the future.

Gunther and Rhodes got to face off for the first time ever when they were the final two wrestlers left in the men's Royal Rumble match last month. The match ended with Rhodes eliminating Gunther to secure his spot in the WrestleMania 39 main event.

While appearing on this week's episode of WWE After the Bell, Gunther was asked about Rhodes saying he'd love to face Gunther one-on-one in Europe. Gunther said that's a matchup he wants as well.

"I mean, obviously it does [sound like an attractive match]. When I knew that scenario would go down with me and Cody at the end [of the Royal Rumble] -- I knew the guy was out for a little bit. Since then I was able to work my way up, and I was like, 'Okay, I have to introduce him to the new reality over here.' That was kind of like my attitude going into that," Gunther said. "And yeah, obviously that was just a taste I think for everybody. I think Cody is one of those guys where that's the perfect match for me, the perfect opposite, if that makes sense. I think the match is right there whenever it needs to happen. If it would happen in Europe, obviously that would be fantastic."

Gunther, who entered the Royal Rumble at number one, was in the match for more than an hour before being eliminated by Rhodes.

Gunther has been WWE Intercontinental Champion for 252 days. He's defending the title against Madcap Moss on SmackDown this Friday.

Rhodes is scheduled to challenge Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania 39.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Confirmed, Gunther taking the Uni. Belt at Summerslam from Cody.