Gunther discusses journey to SummerSlam title match, Finn Balor, Damian Priest, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

“My goal is to be the best professional wrestler I can be,” said Gunther. “It’s a never-ending journey to learn about yourself and try to get better, but I’m on the right track.”
“I can’t necessarily tell you which match took place when,” said Gunther. “In terms of SummerSlam, Bret Hart-British Bulldog [at Wembley Stadium in 1992] was a fantastic match and a very special memory. It was even more special since WWE ran that show in England. Besides from that, I’ve only watched some SummerSlams. Was Shawn Michaels against [Hulk] Hogan at SummerSlam? That was very entertaining.

“All of that took place in the past. The past is the past. I’m here to create my own legacy.”
“No one can do me better than me,” said Gunther. “You need to always progress. I used to be bigger, and some of the hardcore wrestling fans say that was better for me. There was that romantic side of Vader and Stan Hansen where a lot of guys in wrestling looked like that and were successful. Even though I have a lot of admiration for the old stuff, and that is my personal taste, the reality is I need to find my place now. The product is so hot right now, and this is an even bigger audience. The presentation and physique I have now catches the eye more than I did before.”
“We’d just flown in from Japan before Raw, but wrestling Finn Balor, I was excited for that one,” said Gunther. “Years ago, he came to wXw when he transitioned from New Japan to WWE. I’ve known him since back then and he’s always someone I’ve always looked up to as a wrestler. He’s one of the best European wrestlers ever, and he did it his own way. It was great to be in the ring with an excellent professional wrestler.

“The match was exactly what it was supposed to be for the occasion. Down the line, I really hope we fulfill our potential with a proper program.
“I respect Damian Priest,” said Gunther. “He’s had a very impressive journey. But I also believe he’s not the right guy for the job.

“It’s on me to take that title from him, and it’s time to level up.”

Reactions: Dale