Guilty pleasure films

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
The Final Destination Series

Untitled-1.jpg

Whilst these movies were box office successes, they aren't typically seen as 'good' movies by the Horror community. I'd say the first two movies took themselves more seriously and then the movies started to become more about the most outlandish and goriest kills they could think of. I personally love all of them but 4 is the obvious weakest one with by far the worst characters and not much substance. I personally think the concept of these films is genius and makes for a really entertaining viewer experience. I like that the series is aware of what it is and gives you exactly what you expect. The first one is legitimately great to me, it's more dark & supernatural and the opening premonition is fantastic.

17 Again

71e8541fc3bddcbbeb0ec4a7206c3c45.jpg

Not a movie I expected to enjoy but surprisingly caught on me with. Efron is great, and I enjoy Matthew Perry as well. I didn't really know Zac Efron for much more than being a teen hearthrob so didn't expect much at all. I have more respect for him as an actor these days, especially seeing him take on the Ted Bundy role recently as well. The movie is enjoyable and it's a simple concept done well. I say 'guilty pleasure' because it's not a movie I'd suggest to anyone or watch with anyone else around, but I do enjoy it.

Freddy vs. Jason

fvj.jpg

I still don't really understand why people hate this film. For those of us who were waiting for Freddy and Jason to clash, it's awesome. I just wish there was more action between the two. I love the way they are introduced and how Freddy uses Jason to incite fear and bring himself back in to the world. It's really well done. The movie has bad acting and it's for sure cheesy, I mean it has Kelly Rowland acting, that says it all. I love it so much though, I've rewatched it numerous times and it's so much fun.

Love Actually

tenor.gif

Not a huge fan of romantic films but I can admit this one is actually good. It has easily one of the best casts of these types of films, and it's hard to pretend like I don't enjoy it. I'll continue enjoying this movie in secret, has Andrew Lincoln before he became a big Walking Dead star as well.

Name yours. :)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I rate Love Actually insanely high so I guess that'd count for me too, I wouldn't even call it a guilty pleasure tho bc it's a quality fucking film :lol

First ones that come to mind are the live action Scooby Doo movies from the 2000s, both the first one and the sequel.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I can name hundreds of Guilty Pleasure films to be honest, but the first one that came to mind was the first TMNT film. Yeah it hasn't aged well for the viewing audience, but the love put into the film makes it one of my fav Movies of all time. I want to see that same love be put into a future TMNT you know before I kick the bucket. Funny The Final Destination Films was brought up because I feel the same way about the Saw films. I can watch those Movies all day and I own the first 6 films and it's always a good watch.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Dude, Where’s My Car?

Greatest movie ever made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Dude, Where’s My Car?

Greatest movie ever made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott was an iconic duo. That movie is great. I still belly laugh to that scene at the take out place.

"AND THEN?!"

• Haha
Reactions: Doom