Greatest Match of 2010 - The Countdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crocker

Reaction score
IMG_6766.jpeg

The year 2010 is the subject of the latest countdown, 2010 was the year where Instagram was launched and we also got the release of the iPad.

Also in the news in 2000 The UK General Election ended up with a hung parliament and Swine Flu carried on to spread around the world

Also in 2010 we also had major earthquakes in Haiti & Chile.

Amongst the well known people who passed away in 2010 were Dennis Hopper, Leslie Nielson, Alexander McQueen, Corey Haim and former wrestlers Jack Brisco, Chris Kanyon & Lunc Vachon.

In music Lady Gaga become the first female to have her first six singles get to number one in the U.S.

In sport Spain defeated The Netherlands thanks to an Andrea Iniesta goal to win their first World Cup, New Orleans Saints won the Superbowl and Vancouver hosted the Winter Olympics.

Amongst the biggest films of the year were Iton Man 2, Alice in Wonderland & Toy Story 3.

In wrestling Bret Hart returns to the WWE for the first time in over 12 years, TNA starts an ill fated Monday Night War with the WWE and NXT replaces ECW.

But what is the greatest match from this year, so we got five full lists from myself @Apoho Creed @GARBAGE @Jacob Fox and @RDT and the countdown of the top 25 matches begins soon.​

Last edited:
Reactions: RDT and Apoho Creed

Crocker

Reaction score
=23 WWE Championship
Batista(c) vs John Cena
Wrestlemania XXVI
March 28
22 points
RDT(4)

=23 Chris Masters vs Drew McIntyre
WWE Superstars
August 10
22 Points
Crocker(4)

=23 Best Two Out of Three Falls
Mask vs Mask
Comandro Negro vs El Pollo
IWRG
December 26
GARBAGE(4)

22.WWE World Heavyweight Championship
The Undertaker(c) vs Rey Mysterio
Royal Rumble
January 31
23 Points
RDT(3)

21. El Mesias vs LA Par-K
AAA Sin Limite-Guerra De Tianes
December 5
24 Points
GARBAGE(5)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Kinda surprised I was the only person to have Batista vs. Cena at Mania and Taker vs. Rey at the Rumble on their lists.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
Truly based individual who put the Chicken Man match on this list

@GARBAGE I respect you

:goku

The Chicken Man match is just a fantastic, violent, bloody apuestas. One of those matches I would be tempted to recommend to someone getting into lucha for the first time, with the slight caveat that I couldn't name you one other chicken man match. Though maybe that's even better. I partially regretted putting it at #4 instead of #3 but either way. Park vs. Mesias was actually my #2 and not my #5 (I assume it was right anyway since it landed above my #4) and it is an even better violent bloody chaotic brawl. LA Park is one of my ten favourite wrestlers and he in just in sicko mode in the match. AAA is infamous for underwhelming nonsense during most of their run after 1996 but this is as good as any match in the promotion's history.

I've always liked that Rey/Undertaker match but have also always preferred the Smackdown match a few months later. Pretty sure Masters/McIntyre would have made my list if it was US only.