Gotta Love Canada

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
:bad: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/07/10/swastika-child.html

Winnipeg 'white pride' mother regrets redrawing swastika on child's arm
Last Updated: Thursday, July 10, 2008 | 7:50 PM CT Comments785Recommend313CBC News
A Winnipeg mother whose children were seized by authorities after she sent her daughter to school with a swastika on her arm says she regrets redrawing the Nazi symbol after a teacher scrubbed it off.

The mother, who considers herself a white nationalist, is fighting the child welfare system to regain custody of her daughter, 7, and son, 2. They were taken away after the girl was sent to school with the swastika drawn on her arm.

Four months ago, her daughter drew a swastika on her arm and went to school, where her teacher scrubbed it off. The mother helped her daughter draw it on her arm again, an act she regrets.

"It was one of the stupidest things I've done in my life but it's no reason to take my kids," the mother told CBC News.

Child and Family Services case workers were alerted and went to the family's apartment, where they found neo-Nazi symbols and flags, and took custody of her son. Her daughter was taken from school.

In court documents, social workers say they're worried the parents' conduct and associations might harm the emotional well-being of the children and put them at risk.

Although she proudly wears a silver necklace that includes a swastika and has "white pride" flags in her home, the mother, who can't be named to avoid identifying her children, denies she's a neo-Nazi or white supremacist.

"A black person has a right to say black power or black pride and yet they're turning around on us and saying we're racists and bigots and neo-Nazis because we say white pride. It's hypocrisy at its finest."

The mother has been fighting in court for four months to get back her children, who are living with extended family. The mother can see her children for two hours a week.

"It's been gut-wrenching. I didn't get off the couch for the first eight days; I just cried. I laid in their bed and held their stuffed animals and just cried. Last few nights, I've been sleeping in my daughter's bed."

She's outraged that the police and child welfare authorities could take her children away because of her beliefs.

"I'm willing to jump through their hoops," she said. "If they want me to deny my beliefs, I'll tell them that, but at the same time, I'm not a traitor to my politics, my beliefs. I just want my kids back."

Case sparks debate
The case has sparked questions about whether the state has the right to protect children from their parents' beliefs.

University of Winnipeg professor Helmut-Harry Loewen, an expert on hate groups, said while he disagrees with the ideology, he fears taking custody based on beliefs is draconian.

"If children are apprehended based on parents' political or religious beliefs, then one is opening a kind of slippery slope," he said.

But University of Manitoba professor Harvy Frankel, dean of the faculty of social work, said officials did the right thing.

"We should be reassured that this is child welfare practice as it should be."

If the two sides can't resolve their differences next week, they'll go to family court, likely in the fall.

MikeRaw

That has nothing to do with Canada, lol. Thats like saying, if a guy in the usa rapes someone, the whole country is racists, lol.
Canada owns, :)
But btw, this mother is a blueberry, lol. The kids are too young to even know what's going on or what is being put on them, lol.

Kaedon

Reaction score
it was more to get MS's attention :yes:

Anti-Cena

Reaction score
What the mother did was very wrong, but I agree that her kids didn't deserve to be taken away from her. They'll probably get more emotionally wrecked growing up without seeing their parents than they would because of the swastika.

And yeah, this has nothing to do with Canada. I lived here all my life, and I've been to the USA plenty of times, and I must say, I love being in Canada a lot more.

NooDLE

Reaction score
Canada is full of Nazi's, like me.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
She's a total cunt, but she's not wrong. As a matter of fact as much as it pains me to say it she should turn around and sue child services.

Goddamnit I need a shower now. So dirty.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Also she needs to give the school shit too. I don't care if its religious expression or political expression. Either allow it all, or ban it all. I don't care which one, but do it right.

LadyHotrod

Thank God I have no Canadian blood in me.

LAWLS////

Seriously though.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Also she needs to give the school shit too. I don't care if its religious expression or political expression. Either allow it all, or ban it all. I don't care which one, but do it right.

Oh so "all or nothing" areguments are ok when you say so :3dflagsdotcom_franc

monkeystyle

Reaction score
It really depends on the situation. When it comes to freedom of religious/political displays then yes, an all or nothing stand needs to be taken.

Reaction score
i agree. its not like all canada is racist. what she did is wrong. but they are worse things out there.