Got The Hell Out Of There Like My Ass Was On Fire!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Somebody was posting ads for a job around college last week. So me having recently joined the ranks of the unemployed checked it out. My first red alarm started flashing when the receptionist on the phone wouldn't tell me what the job was.
Second alarm was when I showed up for an interview , and the place was a fucking dump. The walls were peeling, and had holes in them. The place smelled like the stink of piss, and must...you know like an attic or a basement.
Third alarm...when I went to use the toilet ,1.) the lightswitch fell off into my hand when I tried to flip it, and 2.) I discovered after I peed in the dark that the toilet wouldn't flush.3.) The host seemed to be fishing like hell. He seemed to have something in common with everyone there for this group interview, or knew somebody that they knew. Let me tell you I have a keen sense of bullshit when I smell it.
By now my spider sense is tingling off the charts so I asked interview guy's Gopher "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" He told me it was telemarketing :eek: I said "I am not comfortable being pushy, and trying to sell shit to strangers." He said "Oh we don't cold call.We get sales from our friends and family." I said "First I don't keep that many friends, and second my family is just as poor, and broke as me they ain't gonna buy shit. Third I will not target them like that.I have a conscience." Let me tell you how fast I got the fuck out of that scam shack. I ran like my fucking ass had a firecracker in it. In my high heels, and dress no less! Phew!!
I guess I am just not comfortable trying to hustle people like that. Besides considering the condition this "office" was in I have a feeling there was a 100% chance they were wanted criminals.

Reaction score
the host was fishing? in an office? lol

Maybe that isn't the correct term...I'm talking about that thing that shifty people do to make people feel comfortable. Like the probe people to find something they can agree with technique. That guy that claims he can talk to ghosts on tv does it. John Edwards I think? He'll just say something like " I'm sensing the presence of a grandma Thelma" or something knowing there's a good chance someone will say "I had a grandma Thelma!!Oh you must really be a real psychic!! You know just saying anything to make it easier for a gullible person to believe a lie.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Second alarm was when I showed up for an interview , and the place was a fucking dump. The walls were peeling, and had holes in them. The place smelled like the stink of piss, and must...you know like an attic or a basement.
Third alarm...when I went to use the toilet ,1.) the lightswitch fell off into my hand when I tried to flip it, and 2.) I discovered after I peed in the dark that the toilet wouldn't flush.

And You still used that bathroom?

Reaction score
And You still used that bathroom?

I really had to go. When I get nervous my bladder shrinks to the size of walnut.You gotta understand just that place made me REALLY uncomfortable from the moment I walked in. But I had no idea the toilet was broke until it was too late...though the light shoulda been a sign of things to come. Good thing I didn't have to drop a deuce.

Kizza

Good job, i would hate to be a telemarketer. Far better jobs out there.

Reaction score
Good job, i would hate to be a telemarketer. Far better jobs out there.

I don't think I'd be any good at it. I'm not really pushy...so somebody would say"no" and I'd let it go. Either that or somebody would get ugly with me on the other line, and I'd tell them to go fuck themselves right back. Yep I'd be fired in an hour.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I work in inbound telemarketing. What you were describing sounds more like a pyramid scam. Or possibly a social engineering facility. But honestly, I know what its like to be desperate looking for jobs....but the second I saw holes in the wall and paint peeling I would be out of there. If an employer can't take care of its own facilities how would they take care of me?

Please don't take this as me being rude but it doesn't sound like you really rushed out of their like a bat out of hell to me. I mean you gave them credit enough to stick around past the bad building structure, waited it out past seeing all the creepy people around, had patience with the broken light and the darkened bathroom. And then it wasn't until you started asking questions about what the job was that you finally decided this was a bad idea. lol.