Goodbye to a good friend.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Some of you knew what was going on, others didn't. I tried to just keep it to myself for the most part. 2 weeks ago Joey had a fall and lost his ability to walk. Took him to the doctor to find out he has a spine injury, possible diabetes, and enlarged kidneys. For the last two weeks I was in and out of the vet with him. He would show signs of improvement, then get worse. Early this morning he started having labored breathing. I laid in bed with him all day. He started to fade and passed away at 8:23PM today.

I feel like a part of me has died. It hurts a lot but I am glad he isn't suffering anymore. I know no one here knew Joey other than Solidus, but he was one of a kind and anyone who did meet him fell in love with him instantly.

I just wanted to let everyone know in a thread instead of telling the people who knew individually and having to write this out over and over again. I might not be on much or very active for a little while.

sdada.png

Sleep well, little friend. :emoji_heart:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
This cat was the most affectionate cat you'd ever meet. Slept in bed with us every time, always hustling you at your desk to be pet. I'm sad I didn't get to see him again before he passed. Will be sorely missed.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Farewell to part of the heart of WWEForums...may your spirit live on through our hearts. Much love, Joey :emoji_heart:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that. I remember the heartbroken feeling of when I lost my cat 2 years ago.
Rest in peace, Joey. :emoji_cry:

Reactions: Just Kevin

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Can't bust a "like" when crap like this happens. Rang the "agree" bell cause beasts are cool, always cool in my book. This f*cking sh*t sucks, dudes.

Reactions: Death Walker

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. I get that he was a cat, but he was definitely way more than just a pet. He was a friend to you and a letter to the rest of us. Hell, he started a civil war here just a few months ago! Rest in peace Joey, you may be gone, but you'll never be forgotten

Reactions: Red Rain

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear this as a person who lost a dog just last month, it is hard.

Reactions: Red Rain

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this.

There are people who view pets as just animals they have around the house, and then there are those of us who have a deeper connection to them where they're more than just a companion, they're a family member. It's never easy to lose one, I still miss my cat I grew up with all the time. It will be hard, but the one good thing to come from this is he isn't suffering anymore, as it seems like this past while was hard on him. He's now at rest.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
There are situations where saying anything at all is never enough.. but as human beings it's the way we express our feelings and compassion to one another. I know there is never anything I can say to take away the feelings of hurt in this moment but I hope that I can tell you that I believe that he will be waiting, whole and brand new, to see you again when that day comes. I have a couple that I know I am looking forward to seeing again, both humans (family and friends) and animals (family and friends).

Joey has been a HUGE part of this place... from the jokes to the respect shown to him by every member here.. the majority of us cared for him and accepted him as part of the WWEF family. We lost part of this forum.

Take your time and when you feel you are ready we look forward to seeing you be active again.

BIG HUGS!

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about this, Snake. Rivalry aside, I know that you cared about him a lot and I send you and Solidus all of the love and support in the world. I'll echo everyone else's messages when I say that Joey was a major part of the heart of the forum and he'll be missed greatly.

Side note: was not expecting to shed a tear while writing this post. Maybe that civil war that Hoxton mentioned affected me more than I thought it would haha.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
A part of the forum and almost like this site's mascot, but most of all, your family. Losing anyone is hard, even a pet, so you have my condolenses, Brit.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
Some of you knew what was going on, others didn't. I tried to just keep it to myself for the most part. 2 weeks ago Joey had a fall and lost his ability to walk. Took him to the doctor to find out he has a spine injury, possible diabetes, and enlarged kidneys. For the last two weeks I was in and out of the vet with him. He would show signs of improvement, then get worse. Early this morning he started having labored breathing. I laid in bed with him all day. He started to fade and passed away at 8:23PM today.

I feel like a part of me has died. It hurts a lot but I am glad he isn't suffering anymore. I know no one here knew Joey other than Solidus, but he was one of a kind and anyone who did meet him fell in love with him instantly.

I just wanted to let everyone know in a thread instead of telling the people who knew individually and having to write this out over and over again. I might not be on much or very active for a little while.

sdada.png

Sleep well, little friend. :emoji_heart:

I'm very sorry to hear this. I too lost a close member of my family. She too was taken before her time, though in her case, it was due to neglect. My father was walking her late in the evening and then she saw a fox. She chased after it into a road and she got run over. I still remember that awful day and the deep sadness I felt on that day always returns to me. I was playing on my Genesis when my mother came in, crying openly and telling me to put some shoes on and come downstairs.

What I saw when I came into my kitchen was a sign that would haunt me forever. Mary, only three years old, was lying dead on the floor with her mouth agape and her eyes wide open. My father told me she'd been hit by a car. We took her to the vet and I carried her to the car myself. We were told she'd died instantly on impact. I don't remember ever crying so hard or for so long. I attended her funeral a while later. They closed her mouth and her eyes and she didn't look so bad. Luckily, she too hadn't suffered. I was so grateful for that, as upset as I was.

I would suggest, Snake, that after you've taken some time to mourn your loss, you seek an animal shelter and adopt a new cat. I adopted a new dog a short time after Mary's death and it made me happy again. In the UK, many people abandon their animals and they get picked up by kennels, which look after them for a time. They were going to put down the dog I wanted, so I decided to rescue her and, even though she died of heart failure twelve years later, I gave her a proper home and brought her back to health.

My condolences on your loss and may Joey rest in peace. May you find a new companion soon. I'm sure Joey would have wanted that very much.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the kind words.

I know Joey would have appreciated how many people liked him here. He was such a lover.

I got a bunch of pictures being printed of him.
Came across this one. It was the day me and Soli got married.
I couldn't get him to look at the camera. I think he was excited.

dgsd.jpg

I've been trying not to think about him or his passing because it hurts but that isn't fair to him.
I know in time, my thoughts won't make me so sad. I wish we had more time together. I will never forget him.

I made this video of him awhile ago just messing around. He had the kindest eyes I have ever looked into.