Good Brothers talk return to WWE, relationship with Triple H

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
008_raw_10172022cm_36583--33ec3394e6fdc250ebe7c24bb3245941-2.jpg

WWE

Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows have opened up about being asked to return to WWE after having been released from the company in 2020.

The Good Brothers appeared on After the Bell with Corey Graves and spoke about receiving a text from Paul "Triple H" Levesque during their final television taping with Impact Wrestling.

"We had done the two years in Impact, thankful to them it was a great two years there but we wanted to recharge our batteries, wanted to hit Japan pretty hard," Gallows said. "So, we were like, let's take this time, let's go to Japan through the new year and then let's make a decision on what we want to do."

"So, we're in Dallas and we're doing our last match with the Motor City Machine Guns and we get a text that says, 'Hey guys, can we talk?'"

Gallows would continue to say that the text was from Levesque.

"We still didn't know if this was something that we could do or wanted to do or what was going to come out of it after what happened the last time. Then we got on the phone and we could feel the new vibe and how positive everything was and one thing led to another from there."

Anderson would then speak about their history with Triple H.

"We always had a really good relationship with Triple H," he said. "He was our guy when our contract was coming up in 2019, it was Hunter who we talked with and ended up signing a new deal with in 2019. So, we had a good relationship and I think that's why when we got released, I held some angst."

Anderson continued to say they didn't speak to Triple H, aside from one brief text exchange, for two and a half years following their release. In late August, they would speak with him again after Anderson and Gallows returned from Impact's television taping in Dallas.

"We get home and we do a facetime with Hunter, we talked, asked how the families were. We got asked if we wanted to come back, kind of talked out our issues, and said, 'Hey, that was then, this is now, let's push forward and go.'"

"I'm getting chills now thinking about it because I didn't think we'd ever have that talk again. Not just the business talk, to get the personal talk out. It was nice to get all that on the table, it's over, let's go, now we're going forward."

"We still had to go back to Japan, we had to go on a 10-day tour, I had a singles match with Tanahashi. Then we had to go to England for New Japan, that was October 1 and 2 and nobody knew that we had already planned to do October 10 in New York City."

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Very happy to see them back. Should have never been released to begin with.