Golf Fag

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

firestoneaaa

Some golf techniques
I hope this can help golf beginners.
Now that you know about the different pieces of golf clubs that you will need, it's time to start practicing before you call the nearest golf course for some tee time. Your goal in golf is to strike the ball and get it into the hole with the least number of strokes. But for someone who has never even attempted to touch a golf club and hit a golf ball, it is best to set your goal to simply being able to strike the ball and get it into the hole in the end. Forget about the number of strikes, you can aim for a birdie later.
The first thing that you need to know is how to hold your golf clubs or the grip. There are different types of grip and the type that you use usually depends on the size of your hands. After being able to hold your club, you will start setting up. It is important to stand properly to maintain balance when you do the final movement; that is swinging and finally striking the ball. Each of these golf techniques are interrelated.
A good grip is when you feel comfortable, and when you are able to take full control of your club and give full power to your golf swing. There are three kinds of grip. The ten-finger grip when your right hand rests next to the side of the index finger of your left hand. The overlap grip when the pinkie of your right hand rests on the groove between your index and middle finger of your left hand. The interlock grip when the pinkie of your right hand is intertwined with the index finger of your left hand.
Next you will need to know the basic golf stance. The perfect stance is when your weight is balanced in the center and slightly forward over the toes.
Here are a few tips:
Your feet should be shoulder width apart.
Your knees should be slightly bent but keep your back straight.
Your golf club should rest flatly on the ground.
Your weight should rest lightly on the balls of your feet.
Your arms should be stretched, forming a V-like shape.
The clubface should be square to the target.
The club you will be using also plays a part. For the short irons, your ball needs to be positioned in the middle of your feet. Using long irons and the five-wood will require you to put your ball just in front of the center of your feet. For long woods - including the driver, the ball is positioned just inside your front foot (the left heel).
The third and the most important golf technique is the swing. The golf swing is a three-step process involving the backswing, downswing, and follow-through. In the backswing, you take your golf club away from your ball. It is important that the clubface and the back of your left hand remain facing front throughout the backswing. Then you make the downswing, wherein you move your club towards the ball until you hit it towards your target. In the Downswing, the angle of your club shaft and left forearm should remain unchanged as your club and hands moves towards the toe line. You should be able to hit the ball just because it happens to be in the path of the club and not because you aim for the ball throughout the downswing. The last step in the golf swing is the follow-through. The follow-through comes after you hit the ball. This is done to finish your golf swing. The power of your swing will vary depending on the type of golf shot you need to take. Hitting from the tee-box requires more force than putting.
Putting requires less force since you do not need to strike your ball to fly for about a hundred yards. For putting, you follow a swing path similar to the pendulum of a grandfather clock. You move your club for only about 10 inches away from the ball as the backswing and then move it towards the ball for the downswing. Then Swing it for about 10 inches more for the follow-through.

firestoneaaa

God plays golf too!

God plays golf too!
Do you believe in God? Are you a Christian or Catholic or Puritan and so on? But do you know your God plays golf too?
If you are wondering why I know God plays golf, then you are just dumb;
If you are questioning my words, then you are just normal;
If you are searching online or reading relative books right now to find out what I have just said is true or false, then you are just rational like a piece of scientist;
If you are asking someone about the same question I was just asking you, then you are just someone with me.
As it is known by all, God has a plan for everyone, so I do believe he has a much bigger plan for himself and that is to make every believer reach what they are expecting for. But on Sunday, God plays golf for fun.
Haha, do you want to accompany him? Then go to the fancy golf course with your golf clubs in your bag and play this fantastic sport with the one you love and revere. What is the most important, you should have fun because that is what your God wants you to enjoy.

firestoneaaa

A Golf Poem

A Golf Poem
Here is a very popular golf poem on net, now the editor has this poem for you.
Actually, I really hope this elegance movements can have some connection with another elegance stuff, such as poem for example. However, it would not be easy for the idea. Maybe you can upload you poem to our website as well.

In My Hand I Hold A Ball,
White And Dimpled, Rather Small.
Oh, How Bland It Does Appear,
This Harmless Looking Little Sphere.

By It's Size I Could Not Guess,
The Awesome Strength It Does Possess.
But Since I Fell Beneath Its Spell,
I've Wandered Through The Fires Of Hell.

My Life Has Not Been Quite The Same,
Since I Chose To Play This Stupid Game.
It Rules My Mind For Hours On End,
A Fortune It Has Made Me Spend.

It Has Made Me Yell, Curse And Cry,
I Hate Myself And Want To Die.
It Promises A Thing Called Par,
If I Can Hit It Straight And Far.

To Master Such A Tiny Ball,
Should Not Be Very Hard At All.
But My Desires The Ball Refuses,
And Does Exactly As It Chooses.

It Hooks And Slices, Dribbles And Dies,
And Even Disappears Before My Eyes.
Often It Will Have A Whim,
To Hit A Tree Or ! Take A Swim.

With Miles Of Grass On Which To Land,
It Finds A Tiny Patch Of Sand.
Then Has Me Offering Up My Soul,
If Only It Would Find The Hole.

It's Made Me Whimper Like A Pup,
And Swear That I Will Give It Up.
And Take To Drink To Ease My Sorrow,
But The Ball Knows ... I'll Be Back Tomorrow

Just for fun.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
never was a huge fan of golf.. but its a nice relaxing sport.

firestoneaaa

A quick nine holes

A quick nine holes
An valid young golfer found himself with a few hours to spare one afternoon. He thought if he hurried and played very fast, he could get in 9 holes before he had to head home.

Just as he was about to tee off an old gentleman shuffled onto the tee and asked if he could accompany the young man as he was golfing alone.

Not being able to say no, he allowed the old gent to join him.

To his surprise the old man played fairly quickly. He didn't hit the ball far, but plodded along consistently and didn't waste much time.

Finally, they reached the 9th fairway and the young man found himself with a tough shot. There was a large pine tree right in front of his ball - and directly between his ball and the green.

After several minutes of debating how to hit the shot the old man finally said, "You know, when I was your age I'd hit the ball right over that tree."

With that challenge placed before him, the youngster swung hard, hit the ball up, right smack into the top of the tree trunk and it thudded back on the ground not a foot from where it had originally lay.

The old man offered one more comment, "Of course, when I was your age that pine tree was only 3 feet tall."
Swing your golf clubs find more jokes

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
spamming about golf...

that alone, made me rofl.

firestoneaaa

How to choose your golf lessons:

How to choose your golf lessons:

Taking golf lessons can be an expensive, time-consuming effort. And like any good or service that will cost money and require time, you should be careful before you buy. It's OK to shop around for a golf instructor - in fact, it's recommended in order to find the best fit. Here are some things to consider before you commit to golf lessons.
Know Your Price Limit
Yes, golf lessons are expensive. But some are more expensive than others. Generally, the more expensive instructors are the ones with more experience, more accolades and who are attached to a more upscale golf facility. But there are lots of teaching pros out there who are less expensive but still very good. Decide how much you are willing to spend before you start shopping, and stick to it.
Make Sure Your Goals and Commitment Match
A golf instructor can do wonders with your game, but he can't do it alone. To make golf lessons worthwhile, you must be able to follow up on them by continuing to work on the instructor's suggestions on your own time. The higher your goals, the more work will be required. Be realistic in your goals and make sure you can offer the commitment necessary to meet those goals.
Private Lessons vs. Golf Schools
Private lessons and golf schools are the two typical ways to receive golf instruction. Both have strengths. Private lessons allow for follow-up visits over a period of time - a building block approach to learning golf. Schools offer an intensive amount of learning in a short time, but can also offer too much information and without follow-up. But private lessons can take months to complete.
• Choosing Between Private Lessons and Schools
Ask Around
Every golf instructor's best advertising is past students. To get an idea of the best teachers in your area, ask as many golfers as you know. It's likely that a handful of names will come up frequently, and that list can be your starting point. You may find someone who has taken lessons and can give a glowing recommendation on a particular instructor - or a warning.
Interview the Candidates
Yes, you really can interview golf instructors before you commit to lessons. Remember - it's your business they want and need. Ask your candidates about their teaching background and experience. Do they use video? Do lessons include on-course teaching? What is their teaching philosophy? This process should give you a good idea of how your personality will match up with theirs, too.
Making the Choice
After these steps, you should be ready to make your choice. It's important that you choose an instructor whose personality meshes with yours. Going to a teacher you don't like will keep you from learning. It's important that an instructor's goals match yours, and that your commitment matches your goals. Once you've made your choice, throw yourself into it – and choose your ,then watch your scores improve.

firestoneaaa

Choosing Golf Clubs

Choosing Golf Clubs
Most golfers, whether a beginner or a pro, struggle when trying to decide which golf club to buy. The buying process becomes easier when the consumer has a good understanding of the types of golf clubs available and their specific use. Your playing (and thus your staying) power is greatly enhanced by choosing the proper golf clubs.
For the novice golfer, the basic set of golf clubs consists of drivers, wedges, putters and irons. Using the proper type of golf club will help the beginner learn quickly and achieve results. Each different type of club is designed to help with swing speed and to correct faults to improve your game – and your score.
In addition to clubs, a wide variety of accessories are also available, many of which are necessities and others that are “just for looks.â€￾ One absolute necessity is a golf bag to assist you or your caddy in moving from green to green, and of course, golf balls. Another must is a pair of golf shoes to help stabilize your body so you can achieve the perfect swing. Other accessories include golf gloves, a golf cap, clothing, and covers for your golf clubs to protect them from the elements or while stored.
The flexibility of a shaft is referred to as flex, or bend. The less the bend in a shaft, the more control the powerful swinger will have. On the other hand, beginners and those with less powerful swings generally use a shaft with greater flexibility. The average swing speed is from 65 miles per hour for the beginner up to over 100 miles per hour for powerful swingers.
The cost of the golf club depends on the type and where it is purchased. Retail stores and catalogs have pre-season, post-season and regular sales, but since someone, somewhere, has the perfect climate in which to play golf at any given time of the year, you may find it difficult to find a true bargain. Internet shopping offers excellent prices throughout the year, and in many cases shipping is free.
Most anytime is the perfect time for most golfers and “wannabeâ€￾ golfers to play, so take advantage of the large variety of clubs and bargains to be found, and don’t wait another day to start buying your golf clubs