Goldberg Says He's Open to a WWE Return, Mentions Two Top Superstars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As noted, Bill Goldberg appeared for the Miami Marlins' Pro Wrestling Night festivities last night. The Miami Herald's Scott Fishman noted that Goldberg appeared in tremendous shape and was in great spirits while posing for photos and signing autographs.

Goldberg shot down the rumors of a return at WWE's WrestleMania XXX but didn't say it wasn't a possibility down the road. Goldberg talked about wanting to face either The Undertaker or Steve Austin if he returned, not Ryback.
I'd still be down for seeing Goldberg/Taker, however that matchup is way back in the line now for potential matchups for Taker to have.

The 'No' to Ryback was in relation to a report saying that the WWE wants him to work this years Mania against him.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Re: Goldberg Says He's Open to a WWE Return, Mentions Two Top Superstars He'd Like to

Its far too late for Goldberg/Taker, or even Goldberg/Austin. If Austin was coming back for one more match it has the be against CM Punk. And we don't know how many more matches Taker has, so it would be a waste to give one to Goldberg. Besides, the best option for WrestleMania 30 would be Taker vs. Cena.

I don't even care if he does return. The only place he has now in that company is to pass the torch to Ryback but he won't do that, so he can stay away for all I care.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Re: Goldberg Says He's Open to a WWE Return, Mentions Two Top Superstars He'd Like to

His demands just seem to be too high. Taker or Austin at Mania? If you are gonna return, help the future of the company. As awful as Ryback/Goldberg sounds to a wrestling purist, it's a lot better of a match as far the future of "entertainment" goes. I just don't understand this clown at all. At least when Angle says stupid shit it's way more entertaining and embarrassing. This is just a waste.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Would've loved Goldberg/Taker back in 03. But not today, I'll do that in the game. But dudes heading towards the big 5-0, so is Austin and Taker, and other than Taker, none of those guys have been in a ring since 2003, would be the drizzling shits if you ask me.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman

It'd have to be a match with Bryan or Ziggler. Those are the only two who MIGHT be willing to work with him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Too late for him to return, should have done it years ago and had his send off. Been out of the ring too long and I can't see him getting either of those big names. Taker has plenty of other better options for him in the future, Cena, Brock, Rock etc. and there are many better options for Austin as well if he was to return for one match.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah don't care about this and would not want to see against the likes of Taker and Austin in 2013 or 14.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
The only context in which I'd like to see him come back in my little fantasy booker mind is if Ryback goes on a massive heel squash winning spree, everyone chants Goldberg, eventually Ryback loses his shit and says "STFU I'm better than Goldberg" or whatever, Goldberg comes out and gurns at him, they have a hard fought match at Mania, Goldberg wins, they have a little "I don't like you.......but god damn it do I respect you." moment at the end and a cheeky hug, Ryback is thus rubbed and turns face, Goldberg fucks off. He'd never go for that though. I wouldn't mind seeing him against Taker, but there's so many people ahead of him in the Taker queue that they're almost definitely gonna be past it by the time that could realistically happen. If they aren't already.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I could go with a Rumble appearance and a few Spears.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wrestling_ese1agl2.gif

There is a recent spear from Goldberg [MENTION=1891]Chris[/MENTION]

With Goldberg WWE should have got him involved in his recent DVD, film him to talk about his whole career as it would add a lot to the DVD. Then give him a HOF induction and that is it, don't worry about matches anymore as it just won't happen.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Would've loved Goldberg/Taker back in 03. But not today, I'll do that in the game. But dudes heading towards the big 5-0, so is Austin and Taker, and other than Taker, none of those guys have been in a ring since 2003, would be the drizzling shits if you ask me.
That and honestly if Taker and Austin ever want to get back in a ring more times, they would pick a safer opponent