Glover Teixeira Gets His Visa And Waits For UFC’s invitation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]The dream of fighting outside Brazil, more precisely in the UFC, is closer to Glover Teixeira. The athlete finally got, this Friday (23rd), his visa to enter the United States and became closer to sign a contract with Ultimate. The “soap operaâ€￾ involving the Brazilian’s visa lasted for a few years and, because of that, he was constantly fighting in national events, even in other weight classes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I was illegal for a while on the United States and they denied my visa. They approved something like a forgiveness letter this morning (Friday) and I went to the Consul and it’s alright. Next week I’ll get my passport with my visaâ€￾, said Glover to TATAME.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It’s my wife’s birthday today. I was waiting for it for three years. It’s was my Christmas gift and hers tooâ€￾.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With his right hand injured, Glover revealed he’s been invited to fight Fabio Maldonado at UFC Rio, on January 14th, but he had to decline the invitation due to the injury.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“They invited me to fight Maldonado at UFC Rio, but I have a small cartilage injury on my right hand since I beat Ricco Rodriguez. Ed Soares, my manager, along with Joinha, told Joe Silva (UFC’s matchmaker) I’d like a lot to fight in the UFC and he answered by saying my spot is saved. After this invitation for UFC Rio things are easier because they’ve given me a chance onceâ€￾, said the heavyweight fighter.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Glover, who, like most fighters, wishes to join UFC’s cast and claims not being able to sleep after, due to medical reasons, declined the invitation of the event.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We dream so badly of fighting in UFC, especially in Rio, with Globo’s broadcast, which is great for us, Braziliansâ€￾.[/FONT]