Global Professional Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Note: This BTB won't officially go into effect until I know for sure whether or not WWE Beyond The Bash is still active. I don't want to leave my partners hanging unless they are really having computer troubles and can't continue.

Global Professional Wrestling

It had finally happened, the medias hate had finally killed the long standing solid rock that was once Professional Wrestling. It had nothing to do with financial loss, at least from a business perspective. The ratings were not totally slipping. Simply put, the public outcry against wrestling, fueled by the Media Machine that had gathered further evidence to denounce the product, forced sponsors to drop out of their deals with both the WWE and TNA. Once strong supporters of the product, networks like USA, Spike, NBC, Sci Fi, CW, Fox and Pay Per View entities black balled professional wrestling out of fear from backlash from the majority of a large vocal base against sports entertainment.

What had happened? What could of forced the public to actively decide against wrestling on television? It couldn't of been the violence. MMA was a more powerful business than ever, as well as boxing and other violent television programming getting increased ratings.

Quite simply, the answer was rather hypocritical. Much like the backwards assumptions that supporting American troops meant keeping them away from combat, the media and general public insisted that for the safety of wrestling superstars and their families, the sport should be barred from televised performance.

Apparently, being on the road over three hundred days a year, no off season, having lack luster drug testing as well as no real medical benefits or retirement plans was finally decided upon, and supported by the Supreme Court to be unsuitable and an unstable work environment for the wrestlers under apparently blank paper contracts.

Arguments were made in their defense, such as private business practices and non unionized employment policies, but once the Supreme Court stepped in, it was a moot point. Appeals were denied, and the business of professional wrestling in the United States was dead as we know it. Places like Canada, Mexico, the UK and Japan were only effected by the fact that with no American wrestling base, outside interest, money and sponsorships ceased to exist.

With no guaranteed contracts, wrestling banned from most arenas even for house shows, most individuals had no choice but to head for the hills while the WWE, sitting on almost a billion dollars in money that might soon vanish, had to think of a solution...and fast.

Little did they know that help would come in one of the most unexpected places imaginable.

While the WWE was the main focal point of the public outcry, agents from the N.W.A. were meeting secretly with officials from TNA, Ring Of Honor, Chikara, PWG, 1PW, AAA and CMLL of Mexico, as well as represenatives from NOAH, AJPW, NJPW, Zero-1, Dragon Gate and others from Japan. They had a plan of monumentous proportions.

A new promotion, combining the finest stars from literally all over the world, under one Globalized banner. No one particular figure head, rather, an international council of nine of the leading minds of wrestling.

The council would implement a rigid once a week complete roster drug testing program with a zero tolerance policy for offenders. Health, medical, dental and more insurance coverage for all superstars signed, as well as retirement pensions with optional "Legends" contracts for superstars who had been in the sport of wrestling for twenty years total, not just wrestling for this new promotion.

Naturally, the benefits for becoming a televised superstar would mean only the absolute most reliable and talented entertainers would be allowed.

But they needed the support of the biggest wrestling organization in the world to challenge the ban on professional wrestling. And that was the World Wrestling Entertainment.

When the allied wrestling powers came to the Board Of Directors, Vince McMahon vehemently refused. Declaring that we would rather have wrestling die than allow power to be shared with his life long enemies, he threw the proposal out.

However, seeing this as their one and only chance to save the business they loved, Vince McMahon's wife, children and executive supporters unanimously vetoed Vinces' decision, usurped him of his power as Chairman, and signed the Iron Clad Contract.

With all of the pieces in place, the newly formed Global Professional Wrestling organization made its final strike to the Supreme Court and Congress that under this new system, wrestling could now be considered a safe, responsible and downright lucrative dream job for athletes world wide.

Miraculously, the decision was overturned and sponsors were competing viciously with as much as eight and nine figure contracts begging for a chance to be the select few sponsors chosen to serve "The Olympics Of Entertainment". It was just a matter of picking and choosing the cream of the crop when it came to sponsors, television broadcasts and PPV outlets.

The world was abuzz for professional wrestling unlike any other time in the history of the cosmos! Without further ado, we present to you,

Global Professional Wrestling!​

Quintastic One

Reaction score
GPW Council:
Shane McMahon (Media/Public Relations Rep)
Stephanie McMahon (Creative Rep)
Paul Heyman (Graphic Content Rep)
Dixie Carter (Human Resources Rep)
Gabe Sapolsky (Independent Rep)
Vince Russo (Booking Rep)
Scott D'Amore (Canadian Rep)
Francisco Alonso Lutteroth (Spanish Rep)
Antonio Inoki (Japanese Rep)

Title Belts:

GPW World Heavyweight Championship:
Vacant

GPW World Tag Team Championships:
Vacant

GPW International Championship:
Vacant

GPW World Light-Heavyweight Championship:
Vacant

Pay Per View Events:
January: Royal Rumble
February: Battle Bash
March: Wrestlemania
April: Payback
May: World War 3
June: Next Generation Allstar Cup
July: Great American Bash
August: Summerslam
September: Ascendancy
October: Supremacy
November: Survivor Series
December: Final Fight

Quintastic One

Reaction score
GPW Roster:

Play By Play: Tony Shiavone

Color Commentator: Larry Sweeney

Ring Announcer: Howard Finkel

Backstage Announcer: Michael Cole

Main Eventers:
Shinsuke Nakamura
Dos Caras Jr.
Kurt Angle
CM Punk
Takeshi Morishima
Brock Lesnar

Light-Heavyweights:
Rey Mysterio
AJ Styles
Mistico
KENTA
Teddy Hart
Matt Sydal

Mid Carders:
William Regal
Claudio Castagnoli
Ted Dibiase Jr.
Rob Van Dam
Go Shiozaki
Milano Collection AT
Black Tiger
Eddie Kingston

Tag Teams:
E&C (Edge & Christian)
Team Extreme (Matt & Jeff Hardy)
LAX (Homicide & Hernandez)
Team Dragon Gate (Masato Yoshino & Genki Horiguchi)
Steenerico (Kevin Steen & El Generico)
World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamen & Charlie Haas)

Evil Austin

also wouldn't it make more sense to put that all in one post ? edit ?

seX-Power

^ yeah, you only need one pst for this.

all in all though, this BTB looks great, though I think Punk will be made champ and I dont like that. I also dont watch indies or Japan/Mexico so that may deter me or others from this BTB. Even though this looks good and I will check out.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I guess I was taking a chapter out of Kid Jerichos Book. Because he liked to use like, 3-7 posts to just hype his roster before even his first show went up, so I guess that was the effect I was going for here.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Um yeah... I don't think that will do a positive thing for the thread. Well the roster is ok, and the backstory is good. The council thing sounds cool.

Good luck Quincy lol.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Official Preview For Ascendancy

The first official show of the Global Professional Wrestling organization will celebrate its rising from the ashes of the Sports Entertainment conflict that had raised the ire of citizens world wide. Broadcast LIVE on Pay Per View, presented from Madison Square Garden itself, we present to you, Ascendancy!

GPW World Heavyweight Title Bout
Six Man Elimination Scramble
Shinsuke Nakamura Vs. Dos Caras Jr. Vs. Kurt Angle Vs. CM Punk Vs. Takeshi Morishima Vs. Brock Lesnar

The first ever GPW World Heavyweight Champion will be crowned as six of the finest superstars world wide will compete in a six man elimination scramble! Two superstars will start out in the ring, with four challengers in each respective corner. The challengers may enter the ring only when they are either tagged, or one of the competitors have exited the ring. Slaps on the back, to the face, bumps or other forms of physical contact will count towards a constitution tag as ordered by the GPW Council!

GPW Tag Team Title Bout
Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match
E&C (Edge And Christian) Vs. Team Extreme (Matt and Jeff Hardy) Vs. World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamen and Charlie Haas)

As well, we will also be crowning the first ever Tag Team Champions as Edge and Christian face off TLC rivals Team Extreme, as well as quite possibly the most technically sound team in the world, Shelton Benjamen and Charlie Haas. All three teams will pull out all the stops in this one, as they have a number of Tables, Ladders or Steel Chairs at their disposal to get the job done!

GPW Light-Heavyweight Title Bout
3-Way Dance Elimination
AJ Styles Vs. KENTA Vs. Mistico

Quite possibly the three finest light weight stars of the United States, Japan and Mexico will meet at Ascendancy in a 3-Way dream elimination match. Both opponent's must be pinned or submitted in order to be defeated, and the last man standing will be declared the champion! Although disqualifications and count outs are not in effect, it is strongly advised that weapons and illegal moves are NOT implemented in this match!

GPW International Title Bout
5 Man Battle Royale
William Regal Vs. Claudio Castagnoli Vs. Rob Van Dam Vs. Go Shiozaki Vs. Eddie Kingston

Standard GPW Battle Royale rules apply for this International Title match up! Opponent's must be thrown over the top rope rope and both feet touching the floor in order to be eliminated. There will be no re-entering the ring unless the superstar has exited through the middle or bottom ropes, and the match will continue until there is only one superstar who has not been thrown over the top rope. In the event that two superstars feet all hit the mat at the same time, the Council will deliberate and vote based on performance who should be awarded the title!

Tag Team Exhibition
LAX (Homicide and Hernandez) Vs. Team Dragon's Gate (Masato Yoshino and Genki Horiguchi)

In a special International showcase, One of the top spanish teams will take on one of the more popular teams on the Independent scene as well as certain sects of Japan! Both teams are looking to impress in order to maybe be looked at for a tag team title shot against the champions, who will be crowned later in the night!

Standard GPW Rules Match
Rey Mysterio Jr. Vs. Ted Dibiase Jr.

Second generation superstars of separate divisions meet in the middle of a GPW ring to test their metal against one another in what is bound to be an exciting exhibition bout! Standard rules apply, winner decided via pinfall, submission, count out or DQ.

Tag Team Exhibition Bout
Steenerico (Kevin Steen and El Generico) Vs. Milano Collection AT & Black Tiger

The team of Steenerico were said to be furious over being overlooked for the TLC Title Match tonight, but the Council has decided that they have yet to prove themselves on a more global stage, and thus have pitted them against the makeshift team of Milano Collection AT of Japan and Black Tiger of Mexico. Steenerico have a tough task ahead of them if they have goals of Tag Title aspirations.

Light-Heavy Exhibition Bout
Teddy Hart Vs. Matt Sydal

Similar to the Tag Exhibition bout later in the night, one of the finest talents of America will take on one of the most well known and controversial names of Canada in what has been described as a guaranteed high flying affair! Could a win for either of these men signal Light-Heavyweight title gold? Only time will tell!​

seX-Power

Official Preview For Ascendancy

GPW World Heavyweight Title Bout
Six Man Elimination Scramble
Shinsuke Nakamura Vs. Dos Caras Jr. Vs. Kurt Angle Vs. CM Punk Vs. Takeshi Morishima Vs. Brock Lesnar

You said elsewhere that you were massive Punk mark and that every BTB you have you make him champion, so this leads me to believe that this will happen. Though you might pull a surprise package and make Morishima the Champion.

GPW Tag Team Title Bout
Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match
E&C (Edge And Christian) Vs. Team Extreme (Matt and Jeff Hardy) Vs. World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamen and Charlie Haas)

In my opinion, Edge and Christian should both be singles competitiors and stuck in a tag team, but now that they are, you may as well use them and make them win the titles. Although I think another team should have been added to this match.

GPW Light-Heavyweight Title Bout
3-Way Dance Elimination
AJ Styles Vs. KENTA Vs. Mistico

This match is the hardest to predict for me and anyone could win this one. Styles will win though I think, because everybody loves him.

GPW International Title Bout
5 Man Battle Royale
William Regal Vs. Claudio Castagnoli Vs. Rob Van Dam Vs. Go Shiozaki Vs. Eddie Kingston

This match is also pretty hard to predict, and you have picked an interesting array of superstars to compete here. My pick is for RVD to go over but that is only because I am a massive Van Dam mark. I would say Shiozaki, but he is too asian >_>

Tag Team Exhibition
LAX (Homicide and Hernandez) Vs. Team Dragon's Gate (Masato Yoshino and Genki Horiguchi)

Interesting match you have done here, and I dont know the other team so I picked LAX lol, but this should be a really good mesh of Styles in this match.

Standard GPW Rules Match
Rey Mysterio Jr. Vs. Ted Dibiase Jr.

This match is pretty random and you could have substituted somebody from the International title battle royal into this match to make it more interesting. This might work, but I dunno. I tipped the young guy to go over and get some build up.

Tag Team Exhibition Bout
Steenerico (Kevin Steen and El Generico) Vs. Milano Collection AT & Black Tiger

I dont like this match and I feel it is one too many tag matches for 1 PPV. You could have put Steenerico in the TLC match and then added another singles exhibition. If a feud is set for these two teams you could have used the TLC, and you could even just shorten the match card as I feel this is uneccessary for your first PPV. Steenerico to go over though, just because of the hype they recieved in the preview.

Light-Heavy Exhibition Bout
Teddy Hart Vs. Matt Sydal
No idea what this will lead to, but I feel that unless a feud comes from this, then it could have been made for LHW title number one contendership. Idk who will win but i'll say Sydal as everybody seems to be jumping on his bandwagon.

All in all, this looks really good and I will check out. The title matches look great but I feel there is one or even two matches on the card that have no place. Cant wait for the TLC, as well as the ME. This looks good, make sure to follow through.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Believe me I have all my storylines planned for the next months worth of shows, and just about every match except for one has a greater purpose leading into the next PPV. Thanks for the review of my preview!