Giant Gonzales Passes Away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The local media in Argentina is reporting the passing of Jorge Gonzales, who wrestled for WCW as El Gigante before moving onto the World Wrestling Federation as Giant Gonzales. Gonzales, who was very ill with complications of diabetes and other physical issues stemming from his 7'7" height, was 44 at the time of his death.

After his WWF run ran its course, Gonzales returned to Argentina, where it was said he owned and ran a farm. Last year, he was scheduled to return to the United States for a convention appearance, but his health took a turn for the worse and he canceled the appearance not long after it was announced.

Sad to hear. He was always going to have complications from his height and it is sad that he died so young at 44. This is going to sound bad but at least it wasn't from drug abuse or anything like that.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Very sad. I was never a fan of his but to die in his mid forties is sad. Mind you it sounds like had a good live after wrestling, and surely during down to the money he earned. All the best to his family and friends.

RIP.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It's sad to hear he has passed away, especially because he seemed like a really nice guy, but I agree with Troy, at least it was from somewhat natural causes and not heart failure attributed to substance abuse like so many of these other wrestlers and celebrities and such. Not to mention his suffering is over now, and the big man is in a better place. I've never seen a Giant Gonzalez match or promo or anything but I've seen pictures and I know who he is, and he's one of the eighteen in the Undertaker's streak. It'd be cool if they put him in a game. Rest In Peace Giant Gonzalez, your death is made further tragic by the long list of young wrestlers that have passed on before you.