'Ghost' photo spooks experts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John

An image of a figure in period costume at a 14th century Scottish castle has spooked experts investigating apparent photographs of ghosts.

1489695.jpg

The picture, taken in May 2008, appears to show a man or woman in a ruff peering out of a barred window at Tantallon Castle.

No mannequins or costumed guides are employed at the castle, and three photographic experts have confirmed that no digital trickery was used on the photo.

Confirmed ghost sceptic Professor Richard Wiseman, who led the study, said: "It is certainly very curious. We ran it by three photographic experts and they said it hadn't been Photoshopped at all.

"The figure appears to be in period costume, but we know 100% that Tantallon Castle is not the sort of place that has dummies or costumed guides - they just don't go in for that sort of thing."

Tantallon Castle, a ruined fortress dating back to the 14th Century, stands on a remote rocky headland near North Berwick on the Scottish east coast.

Christopher Aitchison, who took the photo, said: "I was not aware of anyone, or anything, being present in my picture, only noticing the anomaly when I got home."

Psychologist Prof Wiseman, from the University of Hertfordshire, who has made many studies of the supernatural, launched the investigation a month ago.

Members of the public were asked to submit ghostly images for experts to analyse, the best of which were posted on the website www.scienceofhauntings.com.

More than 250 pictures were received and more than a quarter of a million people voted for what they considered the most convincing. The Ghost in the Castle took first place, with 39% of the vote.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I would say that this should be in the GFX section if it was actually a decent photoshop.

EDIT: Or just a dude in a costume? Aren't ghosts supposed to look, you know, not human? Isnt that kind of what distinguishes them from the living?

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I love how they can tell it's dressed like it's in the 14th century yet they can't tell if it's a man or woman. Ah, you gotta love what your mind will make up to try to fit the story.

MikeRaw

^Lol, Chuck, IF it was indeed a ghost, what they're saying makes sense. You can tell it's a 14th century person, because of the way it's dressed. However, you can't tell if it's a man or woman (although I'm guessing a man), because the hairstyles were so similar back then.

And Jimmy, if ghosts were real (which I also doubt), they don't run around looking like fucking casper. Any actual stories of ghosts depict it as looking very human like, not a white thing you see people dressed up as on halloween.

I've never really believed in ghosts anyways, but that's kinds cool/creepy.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I'm not sure a discussion on what Ghosts look like is going to be a fruitful one, but I always pictured them as opaque.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I personally do have a belief that ghosts are real. Not the clear ones with no eyes and say boo. But supernatural ones who still have a reason to be here on Earth. Just my input.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Anyone ever seen the movie "Ghost" with Demi Moore & Patrick Swayze, ghosts could be like that, but they cant touch people, there just invisible to human eyes, but some camera flashes show them.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
^Lol, Chuck, IF it was indeed a ghost, what they're saying makes sense. You can tell it's a 14th century person, because of the way it's dressed. However, you can't tell if it's a man or woman (although I'm guessing a man), because the hairstyles were so similar back then.

What I was trying to imply is that with the detail of the photo, how can they tell what style clothes it's wearing? It looks like a flesh colored blob on top of a black blob with white speckles.

MikeRaw

Oh, lol.
Well, to me, the first thing I thought when I saw it was some middle ages or 15th/16th century dude, so I can see where they got it from.

noumenon

I refuse to believe that something that you can't even fucking see in the un-zoomed one came out that detailed in the zoom. Bullshit.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I refuse to believe that something that you can't even fucking see in the un-zoomed one came out that detailed in the zoom. Bullshit.

You can actually see it, but the 'ghost' is on the right hand side of the window in the unzoomed version. Another reason why this is gash.