GFXL: TC2: Andy vs. Edgeomatic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andy

Reaction score

Edgeomatic's Submission
HerosComingatya.jpg

Andy's Submission
a4tsaq.jpg

Vote, list the positives and negatives if you wish to do so, and please, no flaming.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Tough one to decide on...

I'm going to vote Andy here, not because he's got the animated gif effect but Edgeomatic's got a lot of empty space.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'm going with Andy though I do have a lawsuit pending with The Law Offices of David Otunga for gimmick Infringement.8D

Edgeo
+Really crips renders and a nice little theme.
-Background was pretty bland. Too much white at the bottom and too much empty space up top.

Andy
+Nice little teleport action you got going their. Really works with the character.
-Not a fan of the overlay or whatever it is really diminishes the crispness of the image until it vanishes towards the end i'd either get rid of it or put it behind nightcrawler.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
The point of the sig was that they're jumping out at you. and comign OUT of the background onto the actual web page.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Than perhaps make the box even smaller so that the the areas surrounding some of the guys are transparent.

The_King

Reaction score
EOM: I like your concept and give props for trying to pull it off (I know I couldn't do it haha), but it didn't work. The bottom renders just seem to be floating in obscurity, and their feet are cut off. I really like the top half but can't get over the fact that the orange background just cuts off halfway through the sig. I think if you would've shrunk this into stock size, just had Wolverine on it, and played around with the Wolverine render to make it flow better, then this would've came out really well. Top half is great, but bottom half kinda' ruins it for me unfortunately.
Andy: I hate animated sigs, personally. I know the character well enough to know what you're going for, but without the animation, it just seems to be a render on a highly contrasted, dark background. In fact, the sig looks better halfway through the animation with a cool shadowy effect. Not a fan, but it's decent.

If EOM cut off the bottom half and shrunk, I'd easily give it to him, but as it stands, I vote Andy.

Andy

Reaction score
EOM: I like your concept and give props for trying to pull it off (I know I couldn't do it haha), but it didn't work. The bottom renders just seem to be floating in obscurity, and their feet are cut off. I really like the top half but can't get over the fact that the orange background just cuts off halfway through the sig. I think if you would've shrunk this into stock size, just had Wolverine on it, and played around with the Wolverine render to make it flow better, then this would've came out really well. Top half is great, but bottom half kinda' ruins it for me unfortunately.
Andy: I hate animated sigs, personally. I know the character well enough to know what you're going for, but without the animation, it just seems to be a render on a highly contrasted, dark background. In fact, the sig looks better halfway through the animation with a cool shadowy effect. Not a fan, but it's decent.

If EOM cut off the bottom half and shrunk, I'd easily give it to him, but as it stands, I vote Andy.

LOL, I know, but I couldn't think of anything! I picked the worst theme for this week.

Lewb

Reaction score
Vote goes to Andy. would have enjoyed EOM's a lot more if only Wolverine was on there. I can see what your saying about them jumping onto the webpage, but when the renders cut off on the edges it ruins the effect. Good idea, execution is a little off, bit of work and its there.

Good job Andy, im clueless as to move images on photoshop so im impressed as i was with John McHenrys.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
My vote goes to Andy, Edgeomatic has a lot of empty space and I dislike the white background at the bottom.

The_King

Reaction score
LOL, I know, but I couldn't think of anything! I picked the worst theme for this week.
Agreed haha. I had to dig into the archive to find something presentable haha.

EOM said:
Wow, I didnt think I was going to get shit on this hard.
:fp: No one is shitting on you. In fact, people have been overly cordial since the incident last week haha

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Straightened people out right quick :santino:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
HerosComingatya.png

I think if you'd done this the whole jumping out would have played better put the white at the far bottom and had more orange. I did this quickly so don't nit pick the cutting but I think it would have given you the effect better.