GardsJr Presents --- Ultimate Wrestling Coalition

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
ULTIMATE WRESTLING COALITION
A company built from the ground up, coming up from 2000 and continuing on until the company today. Building their own stars and going head to head with the WWE! As slowly, they poached stars from the rival company, another wrestling company came up for a massive potential and got better then the UWC! It was called Total Non-Stop Action. With that company stemming from the Original WCW we see them coming up and taking the spotlight. While UWC hovers around in equal third in the world, trying to push themselves towards the top positions. This is the company that would push the others to the limit, when a new booker comes up in the company and becomes a head writer. They will push themselves slowly to the top and it starts now. After Stage of Glory, with the results being discontinued, the rosters and storylines all starting a new. This will be the next big thing.

THE STAFF

ANNOUNCERS: Matt Striker and Todd Grisham
GENERAL MANAGER: TBA
RING ANNOUNCER: Laura Monro
BACKSTAGE INTERVIEWER: Josh Matthews

CHAMPIONS
ULTIMATE WRESTLING COALITION WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: Vacant
ULTIMATE WRESTLING COALITION TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS: Vacant

PAY PER VIEWS
February - MindGames
March - Lethal Intentions
May - Night of Honor
June - Stage of Glory
August - The Day of Destiny - 23rd 2009
October - Hell's Judgement
November - Redemption
December - Holiday Havok

ROSTER
Brian Kendrick
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Jericho
Edge
Elijah Burke
Fit Finlay
Funaki
Jack Hager
Jamie Noble
Jeff Hardy
Joey Mercury
John Cena
Johnny Nitro
Juventud Guerrera
Kofi Kingston
Montel Vontavious Porter
Paul Burchill
Paul London
Psicosis
Rob Van Dam
Super Crazy
William Regal

TAG TEAMS
Mexicools (Juventud Guerrera, Psicosis and Supercrazy)
MNM (Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro)
London and Kendrick (Brian Kendrick and Paul London)

TELEVISION
WEDNESDAY NIGHT DAMAGE!
On
NBC!
TWO HOURS

--

Try and enjoy plz. Hope I can make it last :)

Qwake

Not alot to this really, some good talent on the roster although its quite small for a two hour show. Try and make it last atleast a show or two, that'd be an improvement.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I don't think improvement is quite the word you're looking for. I think the word you're looking for is miracle.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I don't think improvement is quite the word you're looking for. I think the word you're looking for is miracle.

It would be a Christmas Miracle!

---
THE DIRT SHEET »» with jake smart

Welcome to this, the first edition of the UWC Dirt Sheet, I am your host in Jake Smart, but you may call me Smartie.

Well according to my sources (they are good), we are yet to see the appointing of a General Manager for Damage. Word backstage is that the mysterious owner is looking for someone that is not well known in the wrestling business and well, won't have an ego that will run the company in the crowd as soon as it gets started. Applicants have been flooding in, some from absolute nobodies who just applied cause they could and some big names that are unemployed in the wrestling business. A word that is going around is that it could even be a celebrity hosting Damage for a short amount of time before the appointing of a permanent General Manager happens.

Stories going around are they are looking to implement a unique happening at the first Day of Destiny. Whether this be a match or something of the sort, the writers have been put on overtime trying to get the idea down onto paper. Some are saying that it may be a take off of WWE's Elimination Chamber but then again, there would be legal reprucussions to pay if such a move was made.

The world championship is going to be up for grabs soon enough but many superstars are still in the dark as too who will hold it. Word is that the person who will grab it has been told where and when. Likely to be at The Day of Destiny but it is not to be known if it will be in the match talked about. Either way, superstars and fans a like will be interested to know who it will be and how they will take it.

Bringing ourselves towards the Tag Team division, it seems as if the tag team division will be getting significant time to shine on Damage and on Pay Per View, a nice change from the more mainstream shows. Chances are that it will be either Nitro and Mercury grabbing the titles to begin with but these are just rumours going around backstage and with the first show approaching fast, there is a chance that we could see plans change on a whim.

Now onto the big story. The recreation of the UWC after Stage of Glory came to a big suprise as Chris Jericho had just came out on top of John Cena to raise the UWC World Championship and he was one of the more vocal ones to push towards the restart, as it would help the company. This could raise his chances at getting the championship belt when it is finally decided; however, nothing has been said.

That is it for this week's Smart news, tune in next week for more.

Qwake

I'm interested in seeing who becomes GM, you've hinted at a few different types like a celebrity part-time or an unemployed former worker, not sure who you're going with so hopefully its someone good.

The rest of the news is meh, not sure what you were talking about with the new unique thing, could be good to see some sort of new match or something, I dunno. The rest of the news was just talkin about who could be getting titles and stuff which I don't really like or care for tbh, they're just bullshit rumours not actual news.

I'm suprised you actually returned to the thread, keep posting cause I wanna read a first show and see if you've actually improved after all these failed attempts. :)

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Keep you in the dark
You know they all pretend
Keep you in the dark
And so it all began

A NEW BEGINNING

The first show will begin with a bang, with Elijah Burke and Kofi Kingston going at it in a 10 minute time limit singles match. These two are the future of the company and the business. Kingston and Burke are two of the brightest and fastest stars going in the business today and you will see that live on Wednesday Night Damage. This is going to be a rightful start to the new beginning.

Also announced for the show will be The Mexicools, Supercrazy and Psicosis will be going head to head with MNM in Mercury and Nitro. The two of them will be looking to make an impression on the UWC Fans, good or bad for that matter. Will the young gun team of Mercury and Ntro come out on top, or will the two Mexicans be able to overcome the odds as we build to The Day of Destiny.

Playing to the beat of the same drum, two men that will be going at it are Juventud Guerrera and Chris Jericho. The Mexicools member will have the crowd on his side as the Hypocrite hating Jericho does not get much love from the Las Vegas crowd. With the angry Canadian be able to take down this high flying cruiserweight and make his case at the UWC World Championship, or will Juventud be able to get the win for his Mexican brothers.

Before our Main Event we will be having a special feature in a match that will feature The Ripper, Paul Burchill taking on the Awesome Japanese announcer in Funaki. Funaki's martial arts skill will be able to prove worthwile if he has any chance of taking down the monster of a man that is Paul Burchill or will the pure power of Paul Burchill be able to overcome the likes of the Japanese announcer.

And on the show we will also be hearing from the Mystery General Manager, who has now been decided. Whether he is revealed or not is a mystery but one thing is for sure, people will be tuning in to find out.

Finally, our main event will be a big one, Montel Vontavius Porter, the mostv aluable player in UWC will be showing his 'ballin' talent when he takes on Chain Gang leader in John Cena. The two men's brawling styles should make for a good match but who will come out on top. With the Most Valuable Player be the one to take the Marine out or will Cena be able to come over the top and prevail.

Send in your skeletons
Sing as their bones go marching
in... Again

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Keep you in the dark
You know they all pretend
Keep you in the dark
And so it all began

DAMAGEshowone
june17th

MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas, Nevada
With The Pretender blaring in the background, we head into the MGM Grand Garden arena and what a start for the Wrestling Year of the Ultimate Wrestling Coalition. The small crowd of a little over 2000 with half the arena tarped over are electric, anticipating the seeing of new superstars, new storylines and everything else you want to see from a new company. We then scan the arena seeing various signs hanging around the arena. From the likes of “Funaki is awesome!” To “We've cenaenuff... of Jericho!”

We then come around to see Todd Grisham and Matt Striker. One a former wrestler and one a former backstage interviewer coming together for this, commentary on the week that the UWC restarts and we continue intotheir introduction.

TODD GRISHAM
Welcome to the first showing of the Ultimate Wrestling Coalition for their year and I pleased to be here once again. Tonight we will see some huge matches from the announcement of Paul Burchill taking on Funaki. The smallest competitor on the roster. My broadcast colleague for the night, your teacher, Matt Striker.

MATT STRIKER
Thanks Todd and I am glad to be here for this momentus event. Tonight is a new beginning for the stars of the UWC and the company and with someone new at the helm, it is sure to be a big show.

TODD GRISHAM
You have it right there Matt and really, this is going to be the beginning of the newest Wrestling company on the rise and I am also glad to be a part of it. Well, I think we will be starting the show off with some brawling action. 'The next Generation' Elijah Burke taking on Kofi Kingston.

MATT STRIKER
This match is one that is perfect for the new generation, the only wrestler from Ghana competing in the company today taking on the next big thing, this will be a treat.

»S.O.S«
The theme music of the Ghanian Superstar bursts out to the crowd as they let out a nearly ear drum shattering cheer as they love seeing Kingston in the ring. He plays to the crowd on the top of the ramp before slowly making his way to the ring, clapping hands with the fans.

TODD GRISHAM
An impressive superstar to say the least. Kofi has been called by some the leader of the next generation and I must say, tonight could be his start towards that.

MATT STRIKER
Well, Elijah Burke is a tough Opponent to go up against but whoever wins could be shot up towards the main event and the other, well we will see.

»DON'T WASTE MY TIME«

Here he comes, the former pugilist makes his slow way to the ring, paying no attention to the booing fans and fan girls, he hits the ring and pulls himself up. He eyes Kofi before climbing up to the turnbuckle and finally paying attention to the booing crowd, looking around.

TODD GRISHAM

Here comes a man that is definently one of the most confident that we have here in the UWC but by golly, everytime we see the former pugilist in the ring, he seems to back it up.

MATT STRIKER
Well I am a big fan of Burke and I am looking to him to represent the next generation of Damage Stars and the next main eventers.

MATCH ONE
Elijah Burke vs. Kofi Kingston

The two men began the match off fast but the pace began to slow down as we came to the end. Kofi had the advantage to begin with before Burke snatched it away, much to the disgust of the crowd. Elijah relied on his pugilistic background to get the advantage, landing a hard right hand to the chest as Kofi came running. With a move as swift as the one before he began stomping on his opponent. Weakening him up, Elijah then went for the rare occasion of heading up to the top rope, allowing the crowd to let out a small cheer as the Ghanian superstar pulling himself up by the ropes as the Prophet looked and waited. Moving around quickly, Elijah leaped off of the top rope. Only to get caught with a dropkick to the midsection at the attempted crossbody.

Kicking out quickly, he made the attempt of getting up before the wounded Kofi but it was not to be, as the two got up at the same time but as Burke went for a left jab, his opponent ducked under before landing a kick to the midsection. Sweeping out the leg, Kingston bounced off of the ropes and came running before dancing around and then finishing off his Boom Drop as Burke flops around. Kingston gets up and waits, taunting for his opponent to get up off his ass and fight back. This prompts Burke to get up, only to get caught with the move he likes to call Trouble in Paradise for the win.

WINNER: 'the ghanian superstar' KOFI KINGSTON

TODD GRISHAM
Kofi has pulled out the win. Elijah Burke has fallen to the Ghanian Superstar. He doesn't look happy as Kingston quickly escapes the ring.

MATT STRIKER
Smart Move.

As Kofi escapes up the ramp as the crowd cheers and Burke just cannot believe it. Head in Hands, he looks up, not happy as he sneers at Kofi. With the picture of him wanting to near kill Kofi, we head backstage.

With that, we are back to the interview area in which stands backstage interviewer (go figure), Josh Matthews. He is standing side by side with Paul Burchill. Paul is standing in a very intimidating position staring coldly at the smaller man standing to his right. With a small smirk on his face, Burchill waits as Matthews begins the interview.

JOSH MATTHEWS
Please welcome my guest at this time. The man that will face Funaki tonight, he is Paul Burchill. Now Paul, as I said, you face Funaki in the ring tonight in what will be your first match in the UWC since being signed.

PAUL BURCHILL
Josh, I am looking to make an impression tonight. I am the top new signee in this company and tonight is when I prove it to the world because well, I am the biggest and the best in the world today. I have destroyed people in Japan, America and Canada. I have destroyed people on every continent and I will continue my reign of terror through this measly little company tonight. Funaki is nothing compared to me.

JOSH MATTHEWS
As some of the folks who did not catch the start of the show, do you think that the smallest competitor on the roster will be able to hold his own. I have seen what you both can do in the ring and Funaki is impressive.

PAUL BURCHILL
When let loose, you have never seen what I can do Josh; however, you will be able to see that happen tonight. I will snap that Japanese twerp into two pieces when I am finished with him. Josh, prepare yourself because when I step into the ring, the arena itself will shatter, the noise the bones breaking will run through the arena and all you will see at the end of it is me smiling and Funaki on the ground, in a broken heap. Listen to me when I say this, I will be the first champion of this new company. Nobody will be able to beat the Ripper.

On that note, Burchill begins to laugh sadistically as he walks away and the crowd can be heard booing from inside the arena as they watched on the Titantron.

JOSH MATTHEWS
That was Paul Burchill, we will be back after these messages.

●COMMERCIAL BREAK●

TODD GRISHAM
Welcome back to Damage and tonight, we have already seen Elijah Burke defeated by Kofi Kingston and Paul Burchill making a spine tingling statement to destroy Funaki later tonight. And speaking of later tonight, we will be seeing Montel Vontavious Porter taking on John Cena.

MATT STRIKER
Well, while that may be explosive, I am looking forward to Juventud Guerrera taking on Chris Jericho, the possible main eventer of The Day of Destiny.

TODD GRISHAM
Speaking of yet to be announced, we are still waiting on the announcement of our General Manager. Ever since the clearing of the record books and pretty much an entirely new roster, we have yet to see him, or even the owner.

MATT STRIKER
On that matter, do we even know who the owner is?

»HEY YOU«
With their opponents already in the ring, down come London and Kendrick as they stomp out onto the stage, masks and all as they play to the crowd. Sprinting to the ring, much to the crowds delight, they slide into the ring before climbing to the top of the turnbuckles. They backflip down before tossing away their masks.

TODD GRISHAM
No, no we don't Matt but I am hoping that we will find out soon. I am looking forward to that, but coming up next, we will be seeing Brian Kendrick and Paul London taking on Matt Harmon and Damian Jackson

MATT STRIKER
Who the hell are those two? I am the smartest man at this desk and I don't even know.

TODD GRISHAM
Yeah, right Matt. Anyway, I am being told, that the winner of this match could possibly get a shot at the Tag Titles sometime in the future. I have not seen these two in action, but I have heard they are impressive.

MATCH TWO
Brian Kendrick and Paul London vs. Damian Jackson and Mark Harmon

Although the two unknowns showed promise, they had no chance against the former WWE Tag Team Champions as they began to take over as the Jackson and Harmon took advantage before they were completely taken over. The match ends after a Sliced Bread to Harmon and then a following Shooting Star Press from London as the match ends as Jackson tries to run in but to no avail. Kendrick and London win.

WINNERS: 'paul london and brian kendrick' THE HOOLIGANS

TODD GRISHAM

Well, there wasn't much of a contest in that match. Kendrick and London impressive after 2 weeks break, showing little or no ring rust. Interesting to see...

»PAPARAZZI«
Cutting the Grish off as they make their way out to the ring, the red carpet rolled out as the crowd boo heavily. Out comes MnM, microphones in hand. They both have smirks the size of Nevada as they look towards the confused London and Kendrick.

JOHNNY NITRO

Well, look at these two, celebrating after defeating two nobodies. The commentators may have called them impress but they are far from it, a lot like the two that are standing in the ring right now. Now, you may have called it an obvious shot and then you look at us, the two future UWC Tag Team Champions and then, then you look into the ring and tell us what you see.

The crowd boos as both London and 'Spanky' now have microphones in their hands as they look to answer Nitro.

PAUL LONDON
Look at him Brian. 'The A-Lister' is on the top of the ramp, is he afraid or does he just want to stand up there for a reason. Not sure right now but then again, he is a self proclaimed Future Champion, so maybe the new General Manager should come right out and give them the Tag Titles to save the trou...

JOEY MERCURY
Maybe he should.

The crowd boo a little as Brian turns away from the ramp and then grabs the microphone away from his partner before turning back, not impressed at the attitude the two are showing.

BRIAN KENDRICK
You know Mercury, you could be one of the dumbest people I have ever met. You say you have the brains but after you saying that, I just can't believe it. And then you say that the two of you are the 'sexiest' in the company. Trust me we heard your little pep talk earlier tonight. Trust me when I say this, you are not the best looking, not by far.

Knowing that this would get on the two men's nerves, they began to march down to the ring as London climbs out onto the ring apron, just as Mercury and Nitro are nearly to the ring, London drops down; however not to attack but to point behind him and what happens... THEY ARE CAUGHT BY A FLYING KENDRICK! Somersault Plancha taking the two men to the ground. London and Kendrick escape up the ramp as Mercury and Nitro look up as they push their hair out of their eyes before getting addressed.

PAUL LONDON
You guys better get ready for your match.

Kendrick and London then push the curtain aside as we head to the backstage area.

We than head backstage to see Burke walking angrily away. Josh Matthews was then running towards him trying to catch up to him after his earlier loss to Kofi Kingston. Running quickly, he then catches up and they walk at the camera's follow after the two of them.

JOSH MATTHEWS
Well, Elijah, tonight you were defeated by Kofi Kingston and you seem frustrated about that. Why?

Elijah stops abruptly before staring a whole through Matthews, not looking happy about that fact. The camera crew get caught off guard as we flick to a shot that shows the look on Elijah's face.

ELIJAH BURKE
Look Josh, you may not get what it is like to be a wrestler, but what you would get is what it is like to lose. Me, I don't lose, I am not a loser and tonight was the most humiliating loss I have ever suffered. Now I know that you have always lost; however, you know how to take it but I don't. Kofi is not someone who should have beaten me. He is not someone who is worthy of beating me.

Elijah then keeps walking leaving Josh in his place, stunned as we cut to a commercial.

●COMMERCIAL BREAK●

TODD GRISHAM
Welcome back to UWC Damage and with what we have seen tonight, you will not want to miss what is coming up soon. Believe you me that when you see the Main Event, you will blown away.

MATT STRIKER
You probably shouldn't gurantee that Todd, you never know what is going to happen.

TODD GRISHAM
Fine Matt, anyway, next up is a match that you heard about earlier tonight. It will be MnM taking on SuperCrazy and Psicosis of the Mexicools.

MATT STRIKER
Well, that wasn't really explained Todd. But I will let you off.

TODD GRISHAM
Thanks Matt

»MEXICOOL«
The sound of Juan Deer lawn mowers echoed through the arena as the crowd let out a cheer. Two of the three Mexicools made their way to the ring, abourd their lawn mowers clapping hands with the fans as they got them behind. With removed the Mexican Flag as they entered the ring and waved it, the crowd going psycho.

TODD GRISHAM
The always exciting Mexicools are now in the ring and MnM will not be happy after antics on their way to the ring. The crowd going off, but I don't think it will last long.

MATT STRIKER

Yeah, we don't really care Todd.

»PAPARAZZI«
Cameras begin to flicker as the red carpet is rolled out and then MnM make their way to ther ring, the crowd booing heavily as Sxupercrazy and Psicosis are working themselves up in the ring. We then go slow motion as they pose for the crowd. They then strut to the ring, ignoring the crowd before entering the ring as the commentators chime in.

TODD GRISHAM
Looks like they are still red faced after what transpired with Kendrick and London a little bit a go. Although I can't say that I can't blame them.

MATT STRIKER
Well, I honestly can't blame them, they got leapt on for no reason.

MATCH THREE
MNM vs. The Mexicools

Joey Mercury and Psicosis are the two to start in the ring as they move together. Psicosis gets the advantage as he uses his speed and slips behind his opponent and puts him to his knees with a kick to the back. This starts the short time that The Mexicools have the advantage as they go back and forth with Supercrazy being tagged in and he manages to catch Mercury with an airborn dropkick, which didn't seem like the best idea as he rolled over and Nitro managed to tag himself in. They come running at each other but a quick move from the MNM Competitor caught Supercrazy and sent him to the mat as he tried to get up after the drop toe hold. Nitro then waited to Supercrazy was just about up before running to the ropes and sliding in and knocking the arms of the Mexican out from under him sending him face first into the mat.

The Mexicools are on the losing end now as MnM are keeping them under control with quick tags and tag team moves, controlling Super Crazy of the Mexicools. They then make the fatal mistake of allowing SuperCrazy to hit an enzuiguri on Mercury as they both began crawling to their corners, Mercury gets the tag to Nitro but not in time as Psicosis is in and running. Running dropkick to the Nitro. Psicosis moves to the top rope, waits as the crowd cheer but that quickly turns to boos as Nitro springs up and pulls him from the top rope and sends him crashing to the mat. Before Supercrazy can break it up, the pin is made and there goes the match.

WINNERS: [/B]'johnny nitro and joey mercury' MNM

TODD GRISHAM
Impressive win by MNM there, they have responded to London and Kendrick who won their match earlier in the night, if you didn't see what happened earlier tonight.

BRIAN KENDRICK
You know Mercury, you could be one of the dumbest people I have ever met. You say you have the brains but after you saying that, I just can't believe it. And then you say that the two of you are the 'sexiest' in the company. Trust me we heard your little pep talk earlier tonight. Trust me when I say this, you are not the best looking, not by far.

Knowing that this would get on the two men's nerves, they began to march down to the ring as London climbs out onto the ring apron, just as Mercury and Nitro are nearly to the ring, London drops down; however not to attack but to point behind him and what happens... THEY ARE CAUGHT BY A FLYING KENDRICK! Somersault Plancha taking the two men to the ground. London and Kendrick escape up the ramp as Mercury and Nitro look up as they push their hair out of their eyes before getting addressed.

●COMMERCIAL BREAK●

Once we come back from the commercial break, we immediately go backstage to where we see a dark room. We don't see the person that is in there, instead we see the back of the chair, and in a muffled voice, the person in the chair begins to speak​.

???

I saw what happened tonight. I saw what happened to Elijah Burke, I saw what happened to Mercury and Nitro and I am damn sure that I am going to do something about it. I am the one that is going to take charge in this company. None of the fans out there know who I am, but they will after next week. I will make my presence known.

The breathing of the voice begins to get deeper, the voice darker as he begins to speak the second line.

???
You may ask, why don't I reveal myself this week? The truth is that I don't want to. I don't do things that I don't want to do and people knowing who I am would ruin the suprise. If you don't believe me, then just wait till next week, see you then.

A deep laugh begins as we go back to the arena, where the commentators begin discussiong what just happened.

TODD GRISHAM

Who was that?

MATT STRIKER
Not to sure Todd but I think that it was our General Manager, I can't make out the voice though.

TODD GRISHAM

Neither can I, looks like we are waiting till next week to find out the aftermath of that little segment. Moving on, next up we have The Ripper, Paul Burchill taking on Funaki. Earlier tonight we heard from Paul Burchill.

MATT STRIKER
And he had very striking comments for Funaki, but will he be able to back them up tonight.

»KUNG FU SAN«
The crowd comes close to blowing the roof off of the building with love for the fighting man from the land of the rising sun. Funaki makes his way to the ring, wearing a Gi and looking confident. Obviously he has never seen Paul Burchill in the ring.

TODD GRISHAM
Funaki is one of men who have a martial arts background in this company, and he should be able to put it too use in this match.

MATT STRIKER

And after seeing Paul Burchill, it will be of no help what soever.

»THE RIPPER«
Out comes the Ripper called Paul Burchill to his newest theme, a theme made by the production team of the UWC. He is looking extremel intimidating as he had a sadistic smile as he stares towards Funaki, who has a cheesy grin on himself.

TODD GRISHAM
Paul Burchill has the same look about him that I think Murderers would be scared of.

MATT STRIKER
I have no doubt about that Grisham.

MATCH FOUR
Paul Burchill vs. Funaki

The two begin to circle the ring as they look to lock up but Funaki decides to go for a Muay Thai leg kick looking to lock the leg of The Ripper up. It is to no avail as Burchill throws a right hand straight back at Funaki, only for it to be ducked and Funaki throws another right kick to the midsection and this one seems to have more effect on the Ripper as he seems to bend over. The Japanese Martial Arts specialists then lauches a stiff kick up into the face of his opponent which backs him up into the ropes and Funaki runs and bounches off the ropes and then takes his opponent and looks to slam his opponents head into the mat, but instead gets dropped on his ass. The Japanese Competitor rolls over before attempting to push himself up only to catch a kick to the midsection. Funaki is sent rolling out of the ring, as he slams against the mats, the skin making a slapping sound against the rubber. Slowly, Funaki begins to get up as Paul Burchill begins to play to the ground, getting massive heat as he flexes his muscles and throws his arms out for the crowd to see. The problem with this is the fact that Funaki is on the apron and gripping the top rope. The throttles it as he waits, Burchill turning around. Funaki launches himself off the of the top rope, slinging himself and and using a hurracarana, sending him across the ring.

His period of advantage is short as He quickly rolls through and waits for his opponent to get to his feet. Up comes Paul Burchill slowly, only to be caught with a kick to the side and following up by wrapping his arm around the head of Burchill and bouncing off the ropes GOING FOR THE RISING SUN BUT NO! BURCHILL PUSHES HIM OFF! This time it is Burchill's time to wait as Funaki gets up. Burchill scoops his opponent before scoping out his space as he lifts him above his shoulders in a Fireman's Carry. He waits and smiles as the crowd boo, as he then throws Funaki up and into the air before letting him fall onto his knee. Ripping Funaki in half. Pin 1...2...3

WINNER: 'the ripper' PAUL BURCHILL

Paul Burchill then makes his way to his feet and looking down at the broken Funaki, who lays on the mat out like a light. A sadistic smile comes over the face of Burchill as he turns to leave the ring and we head into a video package.

NARRATOR
The day is fast approaching.
The day that the superstars of Damage will be waiting for.
Who eill get the chance to fulfill their destiny?
Will it be in Destinies Chance.
People are waiting, just to see who will compete.
But what they should be waiting for is the very day.

THE DAY OF DESTINY!
August 22nd 2009.
See it all, live on Pay Per View.

dod.png

●COMMERCIAL BREAK●

Coming off the advertisement for the upcoming Day of Destiny, UWC went offline and then when it came back, we see nothing but black, when a sudden light flashes. The camera flinching away in a moment of bad camera work as it is taken aback a good half a metre before being refocused. We see the blue and black tights, that are unmistakably the ones of Chris Jericho. The camera pans up the length of Jericho's body before finishing at his face, which has a stern look on his face. He is beginning to stroll towards the arena for his match against the Mexicool Mexican in Juventud Guerrera when we go elsewhere.

This time we come in to see the likes of the 'Rated “R” Superstar' Edge, standing in his locker room. He peers down below him before looking back up, we do not manage to catch a glance where he is looking as he is about to begin.

EDGE
Tonight's Main Event. John Cena taking on Montel Vontavius Porter. That is not a match that would pull in the ratings. The next match, Chris Jericho against Juventud Guerrera of the Mexicools. Nobody would approve this match, but my point is. I should be in one of these matches.

Edge pauses before taking another glance down at his feet. He then flashes a sadistic smile before looking back up.

EDGE
So I did something about it.

This time, instead of Edge looking down, it is the camera as they see Juventud laying sprawled on the ground.

EDGE
I saw the look on Jericho's face and he wants in the ring as much as I do. So, I will say this to Jericho, I know that he is watching on one of the moniters as he would have been counting on seeing this kids entrance, but now it won't happen.

Edge then pauses again as the camera goes back down to the feet of edge at the sprawled cruiserweight.

EDGE
Look Jericho, if you want a match, you will be out in that ring before I get out there and it will be me against you. If you are game to be Rated “R”.

With that little statement, Edge leaves the room, as the camera follows him. We then head to another commercial break as we see Edge walking.

●COMMERCIAL BREAK●

We then come back into the arena with the Pretender playing but it soon gets cut off, not by Grisham and Striker but by the music of 'Y2J' Chris Jericho.

»BREAK THE WALLS DOWN«

Out comes the man himself, and it seems as if he is intent on accepting Edge's challenge as he marches towards the ring, the crowd giving a mixed reaction as he smirks. He gets to the ring, ignoring the hands of the fans, but instead of the commentators hyping Jericho up, he grabs a microphone and begins to speak.

CHRIS JERICHO
You wanted a match so bad tonight Adam. You wanted a match so bad that you would take out my opponent. To be honest, I do not blame you for if I were in same situation, I would of done it. That right there would have made me a sickening force in UWC but now that you did it, it would make me seem like a copycat.

Another mixed reaction for Jericho who has a smirk on his face waiting for the crowd to quiten down, as he lowers the microphone.

CHRIS JERICHO
I heard that you wanted a match tonight, and that you wanted me waiting. Well... where are you Adam, still making your way to the ring? Are you scared... clown.

Jericho then throws the microphone to the side as he waits for the music of Edge to hit the ring, instead, he gets Edge on the titantron, who has seemed to lose his Sadistic Smile. This time, an oppotunistic smile. Jericho looks confused as he is caught of guard.

EDGE
You called it Chris, you called my bluff. I am scared. No, not of you, but the trouble I would get in for what I would do to you. And you are also right in one aspect, you are not a copy cat, and neither am. I did something that would get you to be in this ring with no opponent.

This causes the crowd to boo, they probably wanted to see the match as both men can fly around the ring, but instead. Jericho in the ring however looks confused. Not really following.

EDGE
You look perplexed Chris. Let me explain it too you. I am the soon to be UWC champion, and I will do anything to get that title in my hands, but then you have to face the fact that I have had this planned out all along.

Jericho then smiles as he raised his microphone to his mouth and waits.

CHRIS JERICHO
You are forgetting on important thing, you are not the only one that wants the title. You are also not the only one with somethin...

EDGE
But my plan is better Chris. If you don't believe me just wait and see. Oh and I am not the only one that was in on the Juventud attack.

With that Edge smiles as Jericho turns around instantly from instinct. The crowd then boo as Jericho is taken out from behind by William Regal. From there, in streams Jack Hager and Jamie Noble. The crowd booing heavily as the two have steel chairs as before Jericho can have any sort of time to recover they begin wailing on his body, shot after shot to the midsection as Regal stomps on the head. The three then stand over Jericho with their arms raised and as far as Edge can see, a threat taken out as the commentators ramble on, as the crowd is in shock.

●COMMERCIAL BREAK●

TODD GRISHAM
Welcome back to UWC Damage and it is time for the Main Event. Montel Vontavius Porter taking on John Cena. I am the voice of Damage in Todd Grisham and alongside me is 'The Teacher' Matt Striker if you are just joining us.

MATT STRIKER
I highly doubt that they will only just be joining us Todd Grisham but yes, we are about to begin the explosive main event after a massive show.

»I'M COMIN!«
Out comes Damage's most valuable player, Montel Vontavious Porter. He comes out from behind his blow up walk out as he plays to the crowd with a cocky grin his face.

TODD GRISHAM
The crowd here in Las Vegas are showing no love for the cocky MVP and I can't blame them.

MATT STRIKER
Well, he is one of my favories.

»MY TIME IS NOW«
The crowd come close to blowing the top off of the arena as John Cena makes his way to the ring, #1 necklace hanging around his neck and his army cap on his head, until he tosses it into the crowd.

TODD GRISHAM
And now they are going crazy for John Cena, he looks to be a crowd favorite.

MATT STRIKER
Somebody thinks he is good.

MAIN EVENT
John Cena vs. MVP

Porter and Cena began to swing around the ring, circling the ring. They then go to lock up but Montel manages to grab a swift to kick to the midsection. He goes for an irish whip only for it to be reversed. Cena gets a forearm and then takes the advantage from there with rights and lefts, shwoing off his signature haymakers with a few kicks mixed in. This is followed up by what looks to be a diving shoulder block BUT MVP MANAGES A DROPKICK INTO THE MIDSECTION. The midsection of the former WWE Champion as MVP looks to capitilize. Stomps to the midsection make Cena grab hold of it instantly as the referee gets Porter to back up... only for him to come back running in and getting a kick to the side of the head! He is knocked rolling across the ring which gives him a chance to catch his breath.

MVP slides out of the ring, the crowd booing as he waits for Cena makes his way to his feet, being close to the barricade, MVP takes the chance to run in for a big boot AND DRIVES IT RIGHT INTO THE BARRICADE! Shockwaves go right the leg of MVP as he near collapses as he hops around as he looks to clamber back in the ring. This gives Cena the chance to crawl into the ring. Both men lie in the ring on the mat. The crowd counting along with the referee. At 8 the crowd give a cheer as Cena is back on his feet and waits as his opponent gets to his feet. Moving in, he looks to grab a fireman's carry, looking for the FU! MVP moves out of the way and connects with a right hook and gets Cena into the corner. He waits for it....

PLAYA'S BOOT! The kick to the head connects and Cena falls limp in the corner as MVP then pulls his leg off of the top rope and plays to the crowd, getting boos from the crowd. He then turns back and pins Cena

KICKOUT! CENA KICKED OUT FROM THE MASSIVE BOOT! MVP gets on his knees and puts his hands on his head and then runs back to the ropes, wasting no time. He adds in a few theatrics. PLAYA'S ELBOW TO THE MAT! Cena rolled away at the very last. Using the ropes, Cena is up first and once again goes to hit the FU! MVP Slips off the back. MALICIOUS INTENT! PIN!

WINNER: 'the most valuable player' MONTEL VONTAVIOUS PORTER

The match is over and MVP stands tall over Cena after a hard fought match and the referee raises his hand as we go offline.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Damage 1 review:

First off I want to note that it seems like the commentary drags and drags and I find myself thinking when is it going to end.

Kofi Kingston vs. Elijah Burke: Eh so-so match. Could have seen mre on burke's end of the offense. I would have much rather seen burke go over. I think Burke brings a lot moe to the table rather than Kofi but I hope to see this feud grow.

Burchill Interview: This was just...weird. First off I like how he said he beat guys on every continent but I didn't know they had wrestling shows in Antartica. Anyways, the point was to get Burchill over but idk he just kinda seemed like another low guy on the ladder saying he is gonna destroy and even worse jobber in Funaki.

London and Kendrick vs. Jobbers: Eh typical squash match to get over kendrick although I think ahving them beat a name tga team would do them some more good.

MNM/Londrick promo: This was an ok promo. dont know why london suggested the gm gives them the tag titles. yeah i know going for the sarcasm but eh. i liked once they stopped talking. the London distraction for Kendrick to get the attack I think it lit the fuse and it did well in the past and i hope you can branch off that success.

Burke promo: So disappointing. This guy is one of the best on the stick today and this promo was so disappointing. Bland and dry and didn't get Burke anywhere.

MNM vs Mexicools: The match wasn't one sided and I like that a lot. both teams got their offense in but the ending came out of nowhere. he got pulled off the top rope and pinend and that was it? Disappointing end to a good match.

Funaki vs Burchill: As someone who follows MMA a lot, i dont get how Funaki threw a leg kick that was met with a right hand and than funaki ducked in mid kick and threw another leg kick as a counter tot he punch unless Funaki is Neo. Anyways, a lot of offense for Funaki which was nice to see that he was steam rolled over. Also, Burchill playing to the crowd flexing is more Chris masters then burchill so I was kinda confused by that. Burchill with the come from behind win was interesting since you built him up in that interview.

So why is there a PPV commercial with Edge and MVP when this is your first show and Edge is no where to be seen so far and MVP is still in the ME. I don't see why there is a PPV poster on the first show already.

Edge/Jericho feud: Ok so after the mvp edge poster we see edge cutting a promo on jericho? Logic? Anyways, Edge taking out Juvi was nice totally teasing edge vs jericho that night. The promo from edge in the back was not very edge like it was lacking for his character. Jericho in the ring calling edge adam just didnt sit right with me for some reason. Plus making jericho a tweener when edge is the obvious heel is kinda eh. Jericho was ok in his promo in the ring. So after all the back and forth exchanges of words between edge and jericho we get...regal, noble and hager attacking jericho? talk about a major disappointment.

Cena vs. MVP: No real build to this all night. The back and forth action was ok. nothing spectacular really even in your main event. the long outside ring count seemed a little over dramatic. So Cena was shut down in the offense department and gets beat by MVP after not even landing a 5 knucle shuffle or FU and MVP goes over clean.

Overall Rating: 3/10

Way too much commentary, people out of character in just about every promo, you made no real good baby faces all night and your matches were really lacking. I hope you can improve by next show because honestly there was nothing here I was impressed by.

Status
Not open for further replies.