Gamestop made my list...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I will never shop at that horrific place ever again. Their online customer service is a joke. They sent me the wrong shirt and didn't even bother packaging the other thing I ordered with care, just threw it in a box. I have sent them 10 emails now over it. I have only gotten two responses which ask me, both times, to verify my shipping address. Then they don't say anything. They ask me to verify it when it is in the informational box on top of it. All the info is RIGHT FREAKING THERE! Looks like I wont be getting my money back for their mistake.

I just had to vent somewhere, I am still so pissed about this. I never had an issue in store but online, NEVER EVER ORDER ONLINE with them! I am done with the company entirely over this. I am so glad I didn't get my 3DS from them, I made the right choice. If I had, I likely would have gotten the wrong one and never would have gotten refunded for it.

I'd rather pay slightly more and get what I order. This is what happens when a cheap scammy company hires cheap labor overseas. They are under paying people in the Philippines and Mexico. I refuse to support cheap labor and treating people like crap. (For the record, if you don't believe me about the cheat labor, call them.)

hqdefault.jpg

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Fuck GameStop I once traded a giant clothes bin worth of PS2 games and only got $15 fucking dollars for them...$15 fucking dollars for like 50 games! Also fuck online shopping, WWE sent me the wrong shirt once, I ordered a BO-lieve shirt and they send me a BO-leave shirt. Not too far off but fuck them nevertheless.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
Oh yeah, most big gaming businesses or just big businesses in general are all about making money and screwing over the customer as much as they can. They don't care because they already have your money. ''Customer service'' has really become a thing of the past, unfortunately. Also, cheap labor has nothing to do with the wrong product being sent, but yeah, there's a big chance a company like that maximizes their profit by bringing in foreigners to work easy-to-manage desk jobs because they get paid less than the average American. I don't think that's necessarily an issue as much as it is a flaw in the capitalistic system of America, though. In reality, Gamespot does the same as most big companies nowadays which is making as much money as possible by giving as little as they possibly can.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Amazon >>>

I remember I ordered AC3 a couple months after it came out, never got it. Told them about it, they re-sent it for free. When I got it I got the big book that came with it, and a year of gold.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Oh yeah, most big gaming businesses or just big businesses in general are all about making money and screwing over the customer as much as they can. They don't care because they already have your money. ''Customer service'' has really become a thing of the past, unfortunately. Also, cheap labor has nothing to do with the wrong product being sent, but yeah, there's a big chance a company like that maximizes their profit by bringing in foreigners to work easy-to-manage desk jobs because they get paid less than the average American. I don't think that's necessarily an issue as much as it is a flaw in the capitalistic system of America, though. In reality, Gamespot does the same as most big companies nowadays which is making as much money as possible by giving as little as they possibly can.

I know it has nothing to do with the wrong product, it made me mad that no one knows enough English to help me. lol I feel like this place, like many others (Walmart) gets to a point where they know they have customers that will keep coming back so they ignore a lot of the new ones. This was the first (and last) time I ordered online with them. I ordered two items and they managed to mess up my order and now I have no way of talking to someone in American about it.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
It's not really just GameStop, unfortunately. Tons of companies are just nothing like they used to be and anytime you have a problem you're redirected to someone who doesn't speak English very well. I cussed out a customer service rep from Sony when I tried to get my account back I used to have but the email it was made with had been deactivated. Thickest accent ever, asked me to repeat simple things multiple times even though I spoke very clearly, and I'm almost positive he said a few things to me in Arabic.

I'm sure the online service is terrible, the company went downhill a long time ago and I haven't supported them ever since I quit.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It's not really just GameStop, unfortunately. Tons of companies are just nothing like they used to be and anytime you have a problem you're redirected to someone who doesn't speak English very well. I cussed out a customer service rep from Sony when I tried to get my account back I used to have but the email it was made with had been deactivated. Thickest accent ever, asked me to repeat simple things multiple times even though I spoke very clearly, and I'm almost positive he said a few things to me in Arabic.

I'm sure the online service is terrible, the company went downhill a long time ago and I haven't supported them ever since I quit.

The last thing I got from Gamestop was CoD Ghosts. Whatever year that was and I hated the game so turned it in 2 weeks after its release. They gave me $20 for it and turned around and sold it for $50. They are criminals. I can't see how they are in business still if their customer service is this bad.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
The last thing I got from Gamestop was CoD Ghosts. Whatever year that was and I hated the game so turned it in 2 weeks after its release. They gave me $20 for it and turned around and sold it for $50. They are criminals. I can't see how they are in business still if their customer service is this bad.
Yeah, trade-in rates are one of the biggest complaints you hear about the store for sure. When I used to work there "That's all you're going to give me?" was a very common thing I was asked. The store has to make a profit still, so people always get mad when they bring in old games and get next to nothing for it because the store isn't going to make much money off of that game if someone even buys it. It's the same for newer games, but I can see it from the consumer's side too, and I'm sure it sucks to buy a new game for $60, trade it in and get a third of that back.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
They're cheap, so I will still shop there.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I never got an email back from them about the shirt. I give up. You win Gamestop. I'll do my business elsewhere.

giphy.gif

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I personally would never order anything online from Gamestop, Best Buy, etc.
Probably only Amazon and Ebay. And maybe a few random sites.